PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder impingement.

DBert
01-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Do any of you brothers deal with symptoms of shoulder impingement? Seems like every time I cycle at about the 4 to 5 week mark my shoulders are just wrecked after flat bench and incline bench and pretty much any shoulder exercises. It's at the bottom of the delt where the bicep connects. I have been researching about this and all signs point to shoulder impingement.

What do you brothers do you help ease the pain? Or avoid getting it in the first place. I have been tweaking my bench form to try and adjust for the pain(shoulder blades pinned back, closer grip and keeping arms close to the sides). I'm already on deca so I assume that is helping my shoulder tendons out a bit.

I want to push for a new pr but it hurts pretty bad and the last thing I want to do is fuck myself up. I guess it's bound to happen in this iron game at some point.

Dont wanna be old
01-12-2015, 02:05 PM
I use the reverse pec deck to help pull shoulders back . Even in the middle of flat bench if someone isn't sitting on the machine .
The other thing is the broom stick stretches . Basicly broom stick held wide in front of you and you pull it over your head to your back . Over and over until shoulders are loose .
Youtube has tons of shoulder stretches that might work better .
Elitefitness has a sports rub that is great for aches and pains .
Dirt cheap and lasts a long time
http://i62.tinypic.com/2vmdc1z.jpg

ironjulius
01-12-2015, 06:25 PM
i have trouble with shoulders on cycle they seem to get injured half the time. IGF fixed me up this last time

DBert
01-12-2015, 06:51 PM
I appreciate the help DWBO. I will try that before I hit it today. Maybe I can use a lay bar for broom stretches. I'll see how it works out. If not I'll see if I cant get me some of that lotion.

xmuscle
01-14-2015, 03:45 AM
Flat bench will put alot of strain on shoulders..u may want to back off flat bench and try using hammer strength machine..ur gains will be just as good if not better.

DBert
01-14-2015, 07:34 AM
I think i may have to do just that. I dont want to hurt myself and i can barely sleep its so painful the day after flat or incline bench.

CTFaygo
01-14-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm rehabbing my shoulders now after going crazy on bench training for about 12 months. Now I can only use the Hammer Strength stuff for now and I am working a lot on building the upper back/rear shoulder area. My pain seems to be in a different spot than yours, but it doesn't even allow me to bench heavy on the flat because my shoulders just shut off on the ascent of the press.

Clark Kent
01-14-2015, 02:46 PM
I suffer from that as well! I only use smith machine now for all chest and shoulder stuff with the exception of some cables. That made a huge difference. I also used NPP and within 2 weeks it was gone!