PDA

View Full Version : BLOODWORK INFO

masteratarms
01-13-2015, 02:20 AM
Hey brothers I know a lot of people have blood work done and testing creatinine and BUN levels are top priorities but I know when I have an sma-20 my levels always comeback bad because I workout a lot so I always have to take a week off the gym and then go back and have them checked but there's also a test that test for something called cystatin-c which is a protein in the blood if kidney function is declining high levels of it will be found in the blood and unlike creatinine and BUN the test ain't effected by metabolic enzymes from muscle breakdown so it's a good test to have to be sure of your kidney function.

animal87
01-13-2015, 02:37 AM
I have to look up my bloods everytime I do it. I dont know why I cant remember what they mean as many times as ive had them done.

studmuffin
01-13-2015, 03:25 AM
It is all a different language to me, but I am learning.

masteratarms
01-13-2015, 03:40 AM
Bun is blood urea nitrogen is a by product of protein breakdown the thing is for bodybuilders we break down so much muscle metabolic enzymes leak into the blood plasma and can throw off test results and ISO enzyme test will also help find where the enzymes are coming from but cystatin is the best indicator

masteratarms
01-13-2015, 04:10 AM
And for reference the normal ranges are generally always in the right hand side so even if you don't know what they stand for you can still check if you're in normal ranges

dpin
01-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Unless its crazy out of scale high I wouldnt worry too much