PDA

View Full Version : TORE MY ACHILLES TENDON

laborer5555
01-17-2015, 10:53 PM
hello guys. as you can see by my post count I am new here, but not anywhere close to being new on the boards or training. I tore my Achilles tendon playing basketball 1 1/2 months ago. I have had a splint on. I have had surgery. I have had on another splint. Now I am 18 days into my hard cast. on the 28th I will be in another hard cast for 5 weeks (but will be able to bare weight on this cast). then another 4 weeks inside a removable boot. THEN........PT. I am losing size everyday. my left calf is atrophying at alarming weight as well as my left quad and hamstring.

my motivation level sucks now...laid up on couch. cannot work my real job (union laborer), and watch movies all day. I HATE LIFE! :(

I need to get back into the gym asap....:lolgay:

Tazzzz
01-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Just read an article abot Creatine. It is a proven fact that it WILL greatly reduce muscle wasting when a muscle is totally out of use. In fact, in the test they did the musle being monitored was casted so the situation was almost identicale to yours. I'll look and see if I can find the link but I know for a fact that Creatine will greatly reduce your muscle wasting.

PAiN
01-17-2015, 11:45 PM
Just read an article abot Creatine. It is a proven fact that it WILL greatly reduce muscle wasting when a muscle is totally out of use. In fact, in the test they did the musle being monitored was casted so the situation was almost identicale to yours. I'll look and see if I can find the link but I know for a fact that Creatine will greatly reduce your muscle wasting.

Sorry to hear that brother. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Here is some more info for you.

http://brotherhoodofpain.com/showthread.php?18204-Creatine-keeps-inactive-muscle-strength-up&highlight=creatine

Keep your head up. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Dont wanna be old
01-18-2015, 12:00 AM
Hang in there friend .
A year from now you will look back and think it was just another chapter in your life .
Nothing could have prepared you if knew it was inevitable .
I guess I got by thinking I would be able to walk again and was thankful for that .
I will be checking on you
DWBO

laborer5555
01-18-2015, 04:37 PM
thank you all for everything...I do appreciate it. it's just work, and stuff. going from taking home $1300 a week to $280 with short term disability is pretty shitty. I gave my girl and kid a life they deserve to have, and I am struggling. mentally and physically. everything from getting something to drink to fixing a screen in the office window, she has to do. I am just sad. thank you for the words of encouragement.

dpin
01-20-2015, 10:40 AM
TB-400 promotes specific muscle healing

laborer5555
01-24-2015, 04:59 AM
TB-400 promotes specific muscle healing

I will look into this. I was dreaming of the day when I get to go back to work so I can afford to buy some HGH. ;)