PDA

View Full Version : Couple busted twice

preacher
01-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Article from January 6th.
RUSHVILLE, Ind. (WISH) — Months after an Indiana husband and wife were arrested and accused of operating a massive steroid lab, police have arrested David and Holly Starkey again – accusing the Rushville couple of doing the same thing.
David and Holly Starkey were arrested this week after Rushville Police detectives and deputies from the Rush County Sheriff’s Department executed a search warrant on the Starkey’s Rushville home. According to court records, officers uncovered 200 vials of finished steroids, plastic tubing, cash, scales, postage and other lab materials.
Rushville Police Chief Craig Tucker said it had a street value of roughly $20,000.
“I don’t know that we were surprised so much as we were disappointed,” Tucker told I-Team 8 in an exclusive interview Tuesday. “We really would have rather this whole situation been put to bed the first time and a lesson learned and a debt repaid by everybody. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case.”
Court documents filed Tuesday spell out how police learned the alleged steroid operation might still be ongoing inside the Starkey’s home. It reads as follows:

“On August 12, 2014, David E. Starkey and Holly J. Starkey were arrested for manufacturing illegal steroids in their residence with an illegal steroid lab. At that time, they were alleged to be manufacturing and selling illegally produced steroids throughout the United States. Shortly after their release from jail, the Rushville Police Department began receiving information that the Starkey residence was again being used for the production of illegal steroids.”
On Monday, Tucker said officers executed a controlled buy with David Starkey in Rushville.
“At the culmination of this deal, David Starkey was stopped and arrested in Shelby County, Indiana in possession of over 500 grams of raw steroid powder,” the court documents state.
The documents go on to allege Starkey “was transporting this powder back to the residence to utilize in his lab to produce additional finished vials of steroids.”
After his arrest, a search warrant was executed on the Starkey’s home.
The narrative from the charging documents also details how officers found hypodermic needles, envelopes, a vacuum pump, steroid recipes, finished steroids, used needles and bloody gauze inside the Starkey’s home. Several of the contents were photographed, but Chief Tucker ordered that the bio-hazardous material be destroyed “for officer safety.”
“This (steroid lab) was very similar to the first one, perhaps a slightly smaller scale,” Tucker told I-Team 8.
The Starkeys, who are already facing charges in Rush County following their August arrests, now face five charges including dealing in a controlled substance, conspiracy to commit dealing in a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, corrupt business influence and maintaining a common nuisance.
Neighbor Eric Wagner, whose property backs up to the Starkeys’, said he was surprised to hear of their latest arrests.
“I’m a little bit shocked by it. When it happened I was shocked but now that it’s happened again – I figured they had him locked up but I haven’t seen much activity (at the home),” Wagner said. “I’m just glad that they kept an eye on them and (they’re) caught again so it’s off the streets.”
Tucker said that both David and Holly Starkey declined to speak to investigators. But following their August arrests, David Starkey told police that he didn’t like drugs, but needed money and that a friend in North Carolina hooked him up with a Polish man named “Z” who reportedly supplied him with the “stuff” which was then in turn manufactured and distributed all across the United States, investigators and court records alleged at the time.
“Starkey advised that Z would pay him $10 per package of viles (sic) that he distributed and $5 per package of pills that he would distribute for Z in the U.S. Starkey advised that he assumed that this was illegal but stated that he had no money and no job and he had to do what he had to do. Starkey advises that he does not like drugs and does not like kids doing drugs. Starkey advises that he does not know who is getting this stuff and how safe it is,” court documents filed in August read.
Tucker re-iterated the danger of purchasing anabolic steroids.
“People are receiving something that looks very sterile and one assumes at face value would be put through rigorous tests, when in actuality it’s made in someone’s home.”
Holly Starkey was being held in the Rush County Jail. She declined I-Team 8’s request for an interview. David Starkey was being held in the Shelby County jail. Messages left for jail commanders regarding David Starkey were not returned. Court clerks were unsure when either Starkey would be in court.

dpin
01-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Some people never learn

PAiN
01-29-2015, 11:14 AM
WOW Seriously just months later back at it again?

SMH!

Rooroo
01-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Did they consider getting busted again similar to the chances of getting struck by lighting twice? Have news for everyone LE loves low hanging fruit!!! It's like bread and butter !

crazylegs80
02-01-2015, 05:41 AM
Idiots....

shrunkennuts
03-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Dumb asses! And what is this LE mean I see everywhere

Mfire
03-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Damn at least move to a different city or state, not start back up in the same house

biggin87
03-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Wow smart

Clark Kent
03-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Makes you wonder why they felt so comfortable? Did they roll? Maybe they thought since they were cooperating they would hide in plain sight?

silntrunin
03-24-2015, 04:42 AM
Just plain stupid. You'd think you wouldn't be using your house for something like that but hey I get it. YOu need to make money and personally you could be selling a lot worse shit in my opinion. Why aren't LE out there popping all the damn heroin dealers that sell shit in broad day light on street corners to our kids. What a fucked up system, sure have their priorities mixed up.

BNSFPharmaceuticals
04-21-2015, 12:14 AM
Dumb asses! And what is this LE mean I see everywhere

LE=Law Enforcement

BNSFPharmaceuticals
04-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Makes you wonder why they felt so comfortable? Did they roll? Maybe they thought since they were cooperating they would hide in plain sight?

They did face to face sells....worst thing possible

akhusker
04-21-2015, 12:29 AM
Damn what a bunch of idiots

mustang_00
10-03-2015, 05:53 AM
bwah! i knew it was them when i read the other thread.

benlash74
10-03-2015, 09:00 AM
They will regret that stupid move for years to come. LE should be out chasing rapist, murderers and real drug dealers. How many kids and adults have died from herion overdose vs anabolics. Why go after the gym rats? How many of us are on the streets robbing and killing. You got cities infested with violent gangs shooting up houses, tons of crack houses across america and the LE does very little to control it. We are easy targets. Nice and clean arrests, very little resistance and the media makes it sound like they did the world a great service. I personally know of a few officers who juice, I imagine quite a bit do.
What a world we live in.

mustang_00
10-03-2015, 05:54 PM
They will regret that stupid move for years to come. LE should be out chasing rapist, murderers and real drug dealers. How many kids and adults have died from herion overdose vs anabolics. Why go after the gym rats? How many of us are on the streets robbing and killing. You got cities infested with violent gangs shooting up houses, tons of crack houses across america and the LE does very little to control it. We are easy targets. Nice and clean arrests, very little resistance and the media makes it sound like they did the world a great service. I personally know of a few officers who juice, I imagine quite a bit do.
What a world we live in.

i agree with you! seems like every other bust published somewhere. they say other drugs were found along with aas. or, weapons were also seized in the raid and blah blah. whether that's true or not it puts a bad taste in peoples mouth and they automatically choose to link aas with scum bags. the media does that on purpose though just for that effect. like saying back in the day weed was a gateway drug for harder drugs. their just trying to justify wasting money and a need for the government.

preacher
10-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Every person I know that chooses this lifestyle does in the hope of reaching and maintaining goals that other wise would not be possible without AAS,we choose to use to better ourselves nothing else...How many people do you think have looked at us and said "damn he's big or women that say damn he looks good"..AAS baby!!! But that's a crime!! I've never pinned and robbed bank or had car crash n killed people cuz of Deca..But they spend millions watching n hunting us..Fucked up government is what it is..They can't control or regulate so they deem it illegal!!! Be safe brothers!

Dick
10-03-2015, 07:08 PM
I think he just got sentenced to 17 years I read it somewhere the other day.

twisted
10-03-2015, 09:55 PM
I think he just got sentenced to 17 years I read it somewhere the other day.

Thats some serious time wow!!!! ...you can sell kilos of coke and not hit 17yrs wow!!!!....

preacher
10-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Thats some serious time wow!!!! ...you can sell kilos of coke and not hit 17yrs wow!!!!....

No shit!! I got 2nd degree attempted murder charge and got 20 with 15 suspended and did less than 2 yrs

Dick
10-03-2015, 10:10 PM
I'm trying to find the damn article, it said 17 or something he would most likely do 12 or 9 some shit like that. He got popped twice lmao for the same thing.

I'm searching for it.

preacher
10-03-2015, 10:16 PM
When he gets out its probably time to find a new occupation

Dick
10-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Found it!!

In the Rush Superior Court, David Starkey, Rushville, admitted to manufacturing and distributing illegal anabolic steroids. In a plea agreement negotiated between Starkey’s representatives and Rush County Prosecutor Phil Caviness, Starkey was sentenced to 17 years in the Indiana Department of Correction. Under the terms of the plea, Starkey will serve 12 years in prison, followed by three years house arrest under the supervision of the Rush County Community Corrections Program, followed by two years of probation.

Rush County Prosecutor Philip Caviness explained that Starkey pleaded guilty to Dealing in a Schedule III Controlled Substance as a Level 2 Felony, and under Indiana law a Level 2 felony only allows a convict to receive one day of good time credit for every three days actually served. Assuming he receives all of his good time credit from the Department of Correction, Starkey should spend nine actual years in prison before being released to home detention and probation.

The case began in August of last year when investigators from the Rushville Police Department, Homeland Security and the US Postal Service served warrants on Starkey and his wife, Holly J. Starkey, and found a steroid laboratory in their home. Investigators also had evidence that Starkey had been receiving ingredients through the mail, manufacturing finished steroid products, and shipping them around the country and overseas.

After his arrest, Starkey showed investigators how he made the steroids and seemed cooperative. He then bonded out of jail and continued to manufacture steroids and was arrested again in January 2015, and has been in jail ever since. Holly Starkey also was arrested and pleaded guilty earlier this year for her role in the steroid dealing scheme, and remains incarcerated at the Madison Correctional Facility.

Prosecutor Caviness stated that throughout this case, the Starkeys indicated that they didn’t think they were drug dealers, didn’t think steroids were as bad as other illegal controlled substances, and didn’t deserve the penalties they faced. In a failed effort to revise his plea agreement at sentencing, however, David Starkey testified about the terrible health problems that his own steroid use has caused him. Caviness added that steroids are illegal for exactly that reason – they are dangerous, especially when manufactured in someone’s homemade basement lab.

http://www.rushvillerepublican.com/news/local_news/starkey-pleads-guilty-to-dealing-steroids/article_4fc3d628-d417-506e-b427-8700d5e36cf5.html

KICKSTAND
10-10-2015, 12:44 AM
Man that's a shitload of time. These shit heads passing out time like that have no fucking idea how fucking rough prison life is. After three years I was like wtf yo. I'm sorry. This shit WILL NEVER happen again.

preacher
10-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Man that's a shitload of time. These shit heads passing out time like that have no fucking idea how fucking rough prison life is. After three years I was like wtf yo. I'm sorry. This shit WILL NEVER happen again.

You damn right!! Easy to hand out time like that when you ain't never done any

KICKSTAND
10-10-2015, 01:03 AM
You damn right!! Easy to hand out time like that when you ain't never done any

When you think about it though preach most of it is all so damn arbitrary and stupid. Aside from the rapist robbers and murderers and a few other things most don't deserve to be in prison. They're sent there not because of crimes against citizens which is a fuckin bad thing but for crimes against the government or things the government deems to be a crime for some stupid reason. Likely a crime that deprived the man of some form of revenue. That whole system is so flawed and skewed that it is a joke. Just a fucking scary one that will steal your life and fuck your future. I need to stop. That's a rant I could write pages about.

HebenSchwere
10-10-2015, 06:47 PM
When you think about it though preach most of it is all so damn arbitrary and stupid. Aside from the rapist robbers and murderers and a few other things most don't deserve to be in prison. They're sent there not because of crimes against citizens which is a fuckin bad thing but for crimes against the government or things the government deems to be a crime for some stupid reason. Likely a crime that deprived the man of some form of revenue. That whole system is so flawed and skewed that it is a joke. Just a fucking scary one that will steal your life and fuck your future. I need to stop. That's a rant I could write pages about.

Agree. Unfortunately, the people are the government. People talk about "government money...." Well that's your money and my money. Now, do the bureaucrats bastardize the whole concept of "we the people?" You bet!! I still believe that the system works, we've just allowed politicians to corrupt the administration of the system. My $0.02