PDA

View Full Version : Bottle top filter units australia

dasitmane1
02-02-2015, 05:22 AM
Sick of syringe filters. ANyone know where i can safely buy bottle top filters? I saw the bottle tops on ebay but they didnt have a reciever bottle.

Can you use a pressure cooker to sterilize a media bottle?

skinny
02-24-2015, 08:52 PM
use a container with bottle inside, water in container. close it and microwave it, keep bottle above water so the steam within the container will sterilise it.

The Spider
05-09-2015, 07:52 AM
Try Aliexpress. Reuseable or disposable dirt cheap.

For example

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Laboratory-Glassware-Vacuum-Filtering-Membrane-Buchner-Flask-Apparatus-for-Solvent-500ml-Heavy-Wall/726344_2037496319.html

They also sell the filters real cheap. Or go the whole kit:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/500ml-Laboratory-Vacuum-Membrane-Filtration-Funnel-Filtering-Apparatus-Set-with-Vacuum-Pump/32257034761.html

Just tell them you want the 0.22um filter.

If you do not have an autoclave the next best option (as used in professional labs) is to wash in 70% ethanol. You have to make it up - buy pure ethanol and add 30% sterilised water. Pressure cooker will not get to the temps you need.

Hope this helps - but how about an intro?

massivedonian
07-20-2015, 03:15 AM
Whatever you do dont use nagalene nylon filters disposable filter/reciever , theyre crap they crack under fuk all vacuum and they will literally melt from BB and EO.

massivedonian
07-20-2015, 03:16 AM
look up MC scientific in australia they have the best cheap media bottles ive ever seen, made in india under Borosil.

Have you made a calking gun filter/syringe holder theyre awesome, NTFE syringe filters kicks ass 10ml filters in a couple of pumps.

additionally there is a milipore filter paper holder which is autoclavable/pressurecooker stainless steel that makes the filtering process cheaper still

Predator1
07-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Few big suppliers in Melb for all your needs

hoodlum
08-11-2015, 10:04 AM
I can send you any of that stuff if you like - only medical equipment though do not ask for compounds.

You can use a pressure cooker as a mock up type of autoclave and use that to sterilise a receiver, yes. Is it what I would deem sterile, absolutely not... will it do the job, probably.

There is a well documented method to make a pressure cooker in to an autoclave but only works with some models.

When you pick what option you want to follow if you ask a question here and I see it I'll respond, may take awhile though don't check often.