PDA

View Full Version : The supplements scandal: herbal pills do not always contain ingredients on label

Mungus
02-06-2015, 01:46 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/diet-and-fitness/the-supplements-scandal-herbal-pills-do-not-always-contain-ingredients-on-label-20150205-1376ec.html

"Among the attorney general's findings was a popular store brand of ginseng pills at Walgreens, promoted for 'physical endurance and vitality,' that contained only powdered garlic and rice," reports the New York Times.
"At Walmart, the authorities found that its ginkgo biloba, a Chinese plant promoted as a memory enhancer, contained little more than powdered radish, houseplants and wheat – despite a claim on the label that the product was wheat- and gluten-free."

bdad
02-06-2015, 09:30 PM
That stuff pissed me off. I ordered a pill machine and 1 lb of organic varieties herbs, I'm gonna make my own.

studmuffin
02-06-2015, 09:35 PM
When it comes to over the counter supps I use American made. But I have found a new love in my life and I get it from a great sponsor, Kratom!

Thirsty
02-06-2015, 09:43 PM
houseplants... LOL.

hunkstrum
02-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Supplement industry is fucked. Gotta love the free market. You can fart in a bottle and call it Ginko Biloba. I use very few supplements. But when I do, I try to stick to well established brands like Solgar. Also, I like supplements made by Pharma companies. I take Citrical, which is made by Bayer.

PAiN
02-08-2015, 04:11 AM
That is bullshit!

Thanks for the heads up bro.

Always stick with the reputable brands and not the cheapest thing you can find.

Giants83
02-08-2015, 04:56 AM
GNC was on the list too. 8 products were found to contain nothing that was on the label. And that's just what they checked. What else is there? They make millions and millions a year and find the need to rip people off. It's disgusting. I will never step foot in there store again. You really have to research the company you buy from. Some companies provide independent lab testing and there are some websites that randomly buy supps and test them. I'll try to find a link to one.

KutakRock
02-08-2015, 05:39 AM
The irony is thick. That stuff is wack, yet the FDA is all good with it. But if you have a few bottles of test you are a felon and get to hang out in Leavenworth for a couple years. That stuff can be as bad for you as gear