PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Labs busted not underground as we thought

BLUELABEL
02-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Controlled Delivery with Tracking Device Used to Bust Florida Man Importing Chinese Steroid Powder Controlled Delivery with Tracking Device Used to Bust Florida Man Importing Chinese Steroid Powder
A Florida man was arrested shortly after he took possession of a package containing raw anabolic steroid powders was delivered to his Naples residence. Unbeknownst to him, the package had been intercepted by customs en route and investigators had affixed a tracking device to the package in preparation for a controlled delivery.

Diosvany Zurita was ultimately arrested and charged with possessing a controlled substance (anabolic steroids) and possessing narcotics paraphernalia. The controlled delivery triggered the execution of a search warrant in which local and federal agents seized additional evidence including needles and syringes, glass vials and money ledgers.

Zurita's steroid package first came to the attention of law enforcement when a package originating in China was flagged and inspected by agents with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS-ICE) upon its arrival in California. The intercepted package contained two plastic bags of a white powder that was analyzed and identified as anabolic steroids.

DHS-ICE notified its colleagues in Fort Myers who obtained a tracking warrant for the parcel. Law enforcement officers arranged a controlled delivery of the parcel to the listed delivery address. But prior to conducting the delivery, agents affixed a tracking device to allow law enforcement officers to monitor the movement and location of the parcel.

Controlled delivery tracking devices are usually comprised of a Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking unit and an electronic transmitter which are installed inside the parcel while in the custody of law enforcement. The tracking devices are generally powered by an internal battery.

Once the GPS tracking unit is activated, it collects and records data regarding the parcel location at programmed intervals. The data is generally transmitted via an internet connection to a designated server for storage and access by law enforcement investigators.

Most importantly, the tracking units contain electronic transmitters that alert law enforcement officers when the package is on the move and/or has been opened by its recipient.

In the case of Zurita, local and federal agents had the suspect's house under surveillance during the delivery of the steroid powders parcel. Zurita was observed taking receipt of the package after it was delivered by what was most likely an undercover agent posing as a shipping courier or postal employee.

A few minutes after Zurita took the package into his home, the Collier County Sheriff's Office special operations team rushed in and raided his place. The search warrant was executed as officers looked for any evidence that would assist in the criminal investigation of Zurita.

Source:

Naples Daily News. (February 6, 2015). Naples man charged in steroid case. Retrieved from Naples man charged in steroid case - Naples Daily News

Here is a link:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/naples-man-charged-in-steroid-case_91110864

Mfire
02-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Son of a bitch! That was my shit

PAiN
02-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Sad to hear!

beanlicker
02-08-2015, 08:17 PM
They used a "a Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking unit and an electronic transmitter" in the pack......knowing that they went thru all that trouble to get his ass is enough to make my butt hole pucker up when I get a pack.

Dick
02-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Holy shit man one after another! Be safe brothers.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2015, 08:34 PM
domestic orders mailed by usps sounds better every day.

Dont wanna be old
02-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Dam !
That is some Scarey shit .

studmuffin
02-08-2015, 09:00 PM
This really makes me want to use domestic only. It is worth it to pay more and be safe.

Mfire
02-08-2015, 09:19 PM
What I didn't like reading is they obtained ledgers! Fuck

masteratarms
02-08-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm actually going the opposite way on this one brothers if you've noticed the ones busted are labs bringing in a lot of product I don't think they will mess with a few vials coming in Id rather get from overseas then hand money and Info over to some guy in new jersey that's just my opinion

Clark Kent
02-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Is this LF?

kubes
02-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Is this LF?

yes

swoosegoose
02-09-2015, 12:44 AM
Damn that sucks. How do we know it was LF? Anyways this war on drugs and steroids pisses me off to no end.

uprightrow6969
02-09-2015, 06:45 PM
why would a package going to fl...go thru cali customs?

grademan
02-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Well if it came from China. The quickest route would be to hit Cali. If shipped from Europe would hit New York. Why send from China thru eroupe then to usa. Or send from euro thru China. I may be wrong. But why go around your elbow to get to the asshole.

Giants83
02-09-2015, 08:28 PM
LF abruptly shut down the other day and all their threads were deleted. Sucks man, they were good people. Love there stuff. They did post a message saying they're not ripping off anybody and everyone with pending orders are being compensated. We might not see them for a while but I'm sure they'll be back.

suraonyx23
02-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Damn that sucks

Dr-Octagon
02-10-2015, 03:20 AM
I have never had an overseas pack shipped to me and I've been at this for more than 10 years. I would rather pay a premium for something to be reshiped if I can't get it dom one way or another then I don't need it

Clark Kent
02-10-2015, 02:13 PM
yes

Scary!

remington14
02-15-2015, 09:59 PM
I loved LF too.. Damn

laborer5555
02-15-2015, 10:52 PM
lesson here is keep a clean house, and be on your toes.

miggymig
02-22-2015, 01:13 AM
dam that sux ass

Ironworker1
02-22-2015, 02:37 AM
That's fucked up.. hope everything works out for him...

rstephe7
02-23-2015, 06:33 PM
hopefully he doesn't rat out many other sources

Warhead14
02-24-2015, 08:37 PM
They used a "a Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking unit and an electronic transmitter" in the pack......knowing that they went thru all that trouble to get his ass is enough to make my butt hole pucker up when I get a pack.

Im not so sure. Why would they put a gps unit on there when they did a controlled delivery? They handed dude the pack, and 3 minutes later kicked the door....

skinny
02-24-2015, 08:46 PM
lesson here is keep a clean house, and be on your toes.
very true. always be on your toes, its too late after the snakes bite

ItalianMuscle
02-28-2015, 10:36 PM
LF abruptly shut down the other day and all their threads were deleted. Sucks man, they were good people. Love there stuff. They did post a message saying they're not ripping off anybody and everyone with pending orders are being compensated. We might not see them for a while but I'm sure they'll be back.

They were selling shit raws, and Ive heard that from a few brewers. And they were selling counterfeit Jins/Hyges/Ansomones awhile ago, because I called them out on it. And how are they going to get everyone compensated, when this bust just happend? Any money they have is going to a defense. Dont count on any compensation. You going to trust him sending you gear or cash back?? LOL..

D-rock
03-06-2015, 01:04 AM
Always Keep Your House Clean . ! I Never Keep My Gear At Home To Me It's Worth It To Have It Away From My Fam . Because You Never Really Know . Just My 2Cents .

silntrunin
03-24-2015, 05:29 AM
Damn. Shit is getting scary. Guess I'll dish out the extra cash for reshipping from now on.

laborer5555
04-04-2015, 10:49 PM
clean house I.M.O

vikingpharm
08-12-2015, 05:48 AM
Yes clean house, don't ever order raws to ur crib! Lol what a beginner!!! BURY your money dumbass!!!!! Only kept around what you need to operate!!! And don't keep it at the house! I'll stop! I could go on! Lol!

V