PDA

View Full Version : MB Slingshot

MR14
02-11-2015, 11:02 AM
I bought a reactive sling shot as I got it for a sale price.

Just wondering how many people incorporate the SS into there bench day training?

My bench progression usually I work up to a heavy 1RM / 2RM set and drop to a 3-4 REP Weight after each set and keep doing more sets & reps. Or I do a double drop set straight after my heavy set.

Afterwards, I do a bodybuilding type workout.

How should I use the slingshot? Do I use it to push past my max after I do my heavy set (1-2RM) and overload, or use it to overload the drop-set with more reps.

I suppose it can be used for both purposes, I would like to get stronger for raw bench but not impede the rest of my bodybuilding workout afterwards.

Thanks BOP

MR14

CTFaygo
02-11-2015, 04:02 PM
I would use it as auxillary builder after your normal bench training...the sling shots are made just exactly for what you're saying, either overload heavier then you can go without it for one or two reps or use weight you can already press, but go for more reps than you've done before. Most I know use to handle weights they normally couldn't handle totally raw and get used to feeling that weight in there hand/controlling it on the way down for 1 RM or 2RM.

MR14
02-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Makes sense!

http://www.bosssportsnutrition.com/ are selling sling shots on sale for $31, use coupon code "freeship" for free shipping!

Enjoy!

pekinpitman
02-15-2016, 01:28 AM
I do use a slingshot once a month as a tricep overload. It fatigues my triceps very well. i like to do alot of reps though. Like the CT Fletcher workout. Basically warm up to my working set which is also a drop set. Work set thursday was 3plate and 2 25plates on eachside for 3 reps. drop a 25 off each side which is 365 and do 6 reps, then drop the last 25 off of each side and try to do 315 for 12. I only got 8 and my triceps were gone. this was done as one set. no rest , one spottter and a guy on each side to take off the plates.

GJR
02-23-2016, 04:07 PM
I will normally use my sling shot once a month for an overload to my bench/chest routine. I usually work up to my max or whatever set I wanted to hit and then 2-3 sets with the sling shot. If you never used it before you might need to get used to it a bit first. It's an excellent tool for teaching good bench form, helping shoulder pain, and pushing you past your limits!

panda72
08-17-2016, 01:04 AM
I've got the maddog slinger. I use it for overloading after my last working set. It feels close to doing floor presses and kills my tri's and shoulders.

Soccer678
09-07-2016, 12:19 PM
I typically use the slingshot once a month as an overload workout. I enjoy it

astevens2
10-15-2018, 08:15 PM
Aftee hitting a heavy single or double I would sometimes put on the slingshot and do some rep work. Seems like a good idea if you have a weaker lockout.

Alterspanic132
07-22-2019, 01:17 PM
I typically use the slingshot once a month as an overload workout. I enjoy it

Ironbar
04-19-2020, 07:26 AM
I incorporate the slingshot regularly. Both for overload work and also to give my shoulders a rest. Seems to really help with shoulder pain on bench