PDA

View Full Version : Syringe laws By State

PAiN
02-16-2015, 12:59 AM
I saw in another thread people discussing buying syringes over the counter and many people were wondering about it. So I figured I would share this with you all.

The laws vary from state to state about buying and possessing syringes. So use this to know yours.

http://www.isletsofhope.com/diabetes/state-law/state-prescription-laws.html

http://www.temple.edu/lawschool/phrhcs/map.htm

madman
02-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Thanks helpful

Mfire
02-16-2015, 02:49 AM
It's unlawful to possess over ten in ny, I honestly can't believe that you can't drop used pins off here, just for the sheer fact of keeping them out of landfills, fucking stupid, and if I'm reading it right they can nail you for trace left in the pin

kubes
02-16-2015, 02:52 AM
It's unlawful to possess over ten in ny, I honestly can't believe that you can't drop used pins off here, just for the sheer fact of keeping them out of landfills, fucking stupid, and if I'm reading it right they can nail you for trace left in the pin

You need to move ;)

Mfire
02-16-2015, 02:52 AM
How cold it's been, I'm tempted

grademan
02-16-2015, 04:04 AM
Good post. Thanks

crazylegs80
02-16-2015, 05:00 AM

IL is similiar, except the number is over 20 and yes they could in fact charge for residue left in the barrel, however that's usually done with hard drugs such as heroin, not steroids.

cybrsage
04-28-2015, 11:42 PM
In PA, if you put your pins in a sharps container, you will have to keep them forever. You cannot put them in the trash and you cannot give them to a hospital. What you are supposed to do (per the State's website) is to put them in an old coffee can or such, tape them shut, and write on them "do not recycle". Then put them in the trash. The garbage truck will then crush the container when the guy pushes that lever over and the can will bust open, spreading needles everywhere.

Dumb!!!

But at least I can buy as many needles over the Internet as I want and it is legal.

ODB
04-29-2015, 10:14 PM
In 2006, the Massachusetts legislature passed deregulation legislation exempting non-prescription syringe sales from the coverage of the paraphernalia law by striking from the definition of paraphernalia “hypodermic syringes, needles and other objects used, primarily intended for use or designed for use in parenterally injected controlled substances into the human body,” as well as all references to the words “inject” and “injecting.” The amendment also provided the drug paraphernalia law “shall not apply to the sale of hypodermic syringes or

B. Syringe Prescription Law

The Massachusetts Controlled Substances Act includes specific provisions regulating sale, control/possession, and disposal of hypodermic syringes. As amended in 2006, the Act provides:

Hypodermic syringes or hypodermic needles for the administration of controlled substances by injection may be sold in the commonwealth, but only to persons who have attained the age of 18 years and only by a pharmacist or by a wholesale druggist licensed under the provisions of chapter 112, a manufacturer of or dealer in surgical supplies or a manufacturer of or dealer in embalming supplies. When selling hypodermic syringes or hypodermic needles without a prescription, a pharmacist or wholesale druggist must require proof of identification that validates the individual’s age.

Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 94C § 27. Violation of the law is punishable by imprisonment for up to one year, a fine of up to $1,000, or both. Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 94C § 38. The law has been amended to legalize some syringe exchange programs, and possession of syringes by clients, as discussed below.

buster2000
11-11-2015, 02:46 PM
thank you for the info

devildog
12-06-2015, 05:34 PM
In PA, if you put your pins in a sharps container, you will have to keep them forever. You cannot put them in the trash and you cannot give them to a hospital. What you are supposed to do (per the State's website) is to put them in an old coffee can or such, tape them shut, and write on them "do not recycle". Then put them in the trash. The garbage truck will then crush the container when the guy pushes that lever over and the can will bust open, spreading needles everywhere.

Dumb!!!

But at least I can buy as many needles over the Internet as I want and it is legal.

Agreed!

devildog
12-06-2015, 05:35 PM

See,s like most of the NY transplants to FL I've met tell me that even breathing too much air can be a crime there.

leostern
01-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Good info

Williammunny
01-16-2016, 10:58 PM
In 2006, the Massachusetts legislature passed deregulation legislation exempting non-prescription syringe sales from the coverage of the paraphernalia law by striking from the definition of paraphernalia “hypodermic syringes, needles and other objects used, primarily intended for use or designed for use in parenterally injected controlled substances into the human body,” as well as all references to the words “inject” and “injecting.” The amendment also provided the drug paraphernalia law “shall not apply to the sale of hypodermic syringes or

B. Syringe Prescription Law

The Massachusetts Controlled Substances Act includes specific provisions regulating sale, control/possession, and disposal of hypodermic syringes. As amended in 2006, the Act provides:

Hypodermic syringes or hypodermic needles for the administration of controlled substances by injection may be sold in the commonwealth, but only to persons who have attained the age of 18 years and only by a pharmacist or by a wholesale druggist licensed under the provisions of chapter 112, a manufacturer of or dealer in surgical supplies or a manufacturer of or dealer in embalming supplies. When selling hypodermic syringes or hypodermic needles without a prescription, a pharmacist or wholesale druggist must require proof of identification that validates the individual’s age.

Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 94C § 27. Violation of the law is punishable by imprisonment for up to one year, a fine of up to $1,000, or both. Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 94C § 38. The law has been amended to legalize some syringe exchange programs, and possession of syringes by clients, as discussed below.
Thanks bro. In Mass you just walk up to pharmacy counter and buy. Sometimes they asked for license or id. Easy!

mastermolnar
01-16-2016, 11:48 PM
In nj due to the heroin epidemic (not that its contained to nj) they have places where you can go get fresh syringes for free and you bring back the old ones and exchange for new ones. Sadly they are located in the roughest cities (newark, paterson, trenton, camden) and are obviously flooded with shady characters. You go in there juiced outta your mind and youll look like the junkie of the bunch. Hahaha

Mountain-Man
01-24-2016, 04:56 PM
They are legal to have where I live but no one sales them I miss walking into the grocery store and picking up a box or two

KICKSTAND
01-24-2016, 05:21 PM
They are legal to have where I live but no one sales them I miss walking into the grocery store and picking up a box or two

Same here legal but really tough to find a place that'll sell them without a script. If I drive to the country I can get them
from vet supply stores. Lol easier to just throw an order at dealmed. That would have been nice mountain man. There was a Walmart in Jacksonville that used to sell them to me and it sure as hell was nice.

HoldenCaulfield
04-24-2016, 06:39 AM
In California, they're legal to buy without a prescription, but not everywhere will sell them to you. There are however enough places that it's not too difficult to find one that will. As far as getting caught with a used one with residue in it, maybe if you were honest about what it actually was and the cop believed it was gear and not dope, they might let it slide. Hell... there's plenty of cops that run gear.

Stylistic
12-09-2016, 02:48 AM
Online always the best way to go anyways.. Cheaper too

GoPr
01-27-2017, 01:57 AM
I can't open it. But looked up the info. Great to know this.

IFearSkinnyMe
02-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Wow syringe laws, unreal, there's something new to learn everyday

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

max562
02-13-2017, 03:49 AM
Ridiculous...I got caught in jersey without...wanted a prescription..Best to get them online in bulk...just ordered 300 for next to nothing be at my house in 3 days

Chad_Frazier
03-08-2017, 11:40 PM
CT is 10 as well. I just order a box online and never a worry

Sent from my Pixel XL

rmbills89
03-10-2017, 11:29 PM
CT is 10 as well. I just order a box online and never a worry

Sent from my Pixel XL
Yeah bro I live near Hartford and I had no idea you can get them I'm mass but not ct. Crazy tbh. I ordered them online too. Pretty easy plus I think the laws are totally outdated for most states

Sent from my SM-S550TL using Tapatalk

Chad_Frazier
03-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Yeah bro I live near Hartford and I had no idea you can get them I'm mass but not ct. Crazy tbh. I ordered them online too. Pretty easy plus I think the laws are totally outdated for most states

You can find slin pins all over Hartford lol

Sent from my Pixel XL

rmbills89
03-11-2017, 12:05 AM
You can find slin pins all over Hartford lol

Sent from my Pixel XL
Really?

Chad_Frazier
03-11-2017, 12:26 AM
Really?

Yeah Hartford is filled with dope.

Sent from my Pixel XL

rmbills89
03-11-2017, 12:44 AM
Yeah Hartford is filled with dope.

Sent from my Pixel XL
Lol wait what? Lmao.

Trader
03-11-2017, 03:15 AM
In Texas, I can walk right into a Walmart and buy insulin syringes, and never attempted buying intramuscular syringes, but I have never located a source for bacteriostatic water....so, ok to buy needles that can be used for illicit drugs, but oh my, bacteria free water is a no no...

MoonKnight
05-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Been wondering this myself.

beard50
05-24-2017, 01:18 AM
Amazon has anything you want. And bring it to you're door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sqwuidd
05-24-2017, 09:23 AM
I order 1-200 online at a clip-'discrete packaging , quick shipping and BAM - fuck the law

Sqwuidd
05-24-2017, 09:26 AM
I live In NYC - fuckin heroin use is outta control - they make you show 2 forms of ID to get slin pins and only 1 pack at a time - BS - I went to CVS to get them and felt like I was being fucking interrogated for terrorism or some shit- FUCK THAT

relentless34
06-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Good post

saywutrly
11-19-2017, 10:26 PM
I live In NYC - fuckin heroin use is outta control - they make you show 2 forms of ID to get slin pins and only 1 pack at a time - BS - I went to CVS to get them and felt like I was being fucking interrogated for terrorism or some shit- FUCK THAT

This is just crazy to me. We have a terrible heroin epidemic here in WI and they did the opposite. They opened up the floodgates to try to at least nip a communicable disease epidemic in the bud. They have a needle exchange where you can get pins, bac water, even acetic acid (and tourniquets, sterile mixing dishes, etc) and drop off old needles. If you don't want to go with all the junkies, (it really is a depressing scene having had my own addictions) you can just walk into Walmart pharmacy and obtain any slin pins with an ID or prescription. I go in and grab a stack of 100 boxes at a time and nobody even looks twice. They're cheaper than online, also. I only have to order out for my bac water and IM supplies.

saywutrly
11-19-2017, 10:27 PM
Oh, almost forgot. @PAiN the first link of the two, 404 Not Found (http://www.isletsofhope.com/diabetes/state-law/state-prescription-laws.html) is now a dead link. Thanks for all that you do for us, brother!

FastBunny
01-24-2018, 09:17 PM
This is great was looking for this online and couldn’t find it and randomly found it on here!! Clutch!

hamsy523
01-25-2018, 04:47 AM
In MS you can just walk into Wal-Mart and get what you want. In the south there are tons of family owned pharmacies that will sell you anything.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

alexfer612
07-17-2018, 03:29 PM
Very helpful info, thanks for the great post

Oldskool
08-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Uttukuxul
08-27-2018, 03:53 PM
acetic acid
Handing out AA to heroin addicts... what could possibly go wrong? :ho8dq:

chris.scott.rise1980
08-28-2018, 06:24 AM
thank you for the info. bro

Ds3317
09-17-2018, 01:03 AM
In GA I can walk into any feed or tractor supply store and buy as many as I want off the shelf without question.

bodybuilderlover
09-17-2018, 02:31 AM
You can get almost everything what you want on Amazon

rawdog
11-12-2018, 07:55 AM
Very helpful, especially the map

DALLAS147852
11-21-2018, 01:56 AM
Best place and cheapest and many many to choose from is >> Syringes and Needles – Medical and veterinary syringes and needles for injection. Best prices on hypodermic needles, many needle gauges. (https://www.shopmedvet.com/category/syringes-and-needles) !!!

saywutrly
01-20-2019, 06:39 PM
Handing out AA to heroin addicts... what could possibly go wrong? :ho8dq:
A lot less than I actually had anticipated; not that the fact has made me any more comfortable with the idea. I was more or less just mentioning it to show the vast differences between states.