PDA

View Full Version : Giving blood

Rogue925
02-16-2015, 02:37 PM
This is my first post after my brief intro..........For all you guys on TRT (and some who are not) who need to donate blood often in order to control crit levels and RBC all you need to do is donate to separate blood banks if you have access to more than 1. I live in a tri-state area and have access to three. I can donate when I want for the most part. It does wonders for keeping your numbers in line and your health in check.

bigsyd2
02-16-2015, 03:08 PM
yes sir, donate every 56 days to keep numbers healthy!!!

kubes
02-16-2015, 03:26 PM
If you do double rbc you only can do once every 120 days

Mfire
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Goin to do my drbc here in a hour, someone Is gonna get a kick from it!

Rogue925
02-17-2015, 03:37 AM
I use multiple blood banks and go as often as every other week if my crit gets especially high. I just rotate banks and no one is the wiser. Normally I'll donate once per month when I'm on cycle as my crit and RBC generally goes through the roof during that time.

Blergs
02-17-2015, 09:06 PM
This is my first post after my brief intro..........For all you guys on TRT (and some who are not) who need to donate blood often in order to control crit levels and RBC all you need to do is donate to separate blood banks if you have access to more than 1. I live in a tri-state area and have access to three. I can donate when I want for the most part. It does wonders for keeping your numbers in line and your health in check.
welcome! : )

I thankfully never needed to give blood due to RBC issue and am on hrt or on cycle. but i think the fact i do not eat meat and have a generally lower iron intake levels things out for me.
I agree everyone should check their RBC and always keep it in check! : )

prodigy6422000
02-18-2015, 07:54 AM
I never knew it was helpful to donate blood while on aas? why?

Giants83
02-18-2015, 03:48 PM
yes sir, donate every 56 days to keep numbers healthy!!!

That's what I do all year even when off cycle. Good habit to get in to and you save lives. Red Cross just calls me when I'm eligible and sets me up an appt. close to my house.

Rogue925
02-19-2015, 01:30 AM
I never knew it was helpful to donate blood while on aas? why?

Generally speaking while on cycle (especially test, dbol, sus, Eq, drol......) hematocrit and RBC levels go up. Mine rise significantly. This can be dangerous over time. Obviously eating lots of red meat and liver doesn't help.

fairdinkydi
07-27-2015, 02:59 AM
Does it still help if u give plasma instead of blood? Cause can give plasma every 4 weeks but blood only 12wks cheers

Discobiky
07-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Does it still help if u give plasma instead of blood? Cause can give plasma every 4 weeks but blood only 12wks cheers
Bump..wanna know this too

enrod
07-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Donating plasma does not decrease rbc/hemoglobin. When you donate plasma, the red blood cells are returned into the donator.

fairdinkydi
07-28-2015, 01:53 PM
Donating plasma does not decrease rbc/hemoglobin. When you donate plasma, the red blood cells are returned into the donator.
Damn i thought so but was hoping haha Cheers brother

enrod
07-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Theoretically I imagine it would have a positive impact on viscosity of the blood, but I really don't think you need to give blood more than once or twice a year, but that's just my opinion brothers.

benlash74
09-20-2015, 05:57 AM
Interesting read. I was told to give blood by a senior member but was not sure why.. question answered

Leotis
09-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I've been told that too...and now I know why. Got bloods the first week in Nov, so I guess I'll see how my numbers look then..

cybrsage
09-30-2015, 01:27 PM
If I do not give blood regularly, my blood thickens enough to give me bounding pulse. I am one of the few people who can hear my own heartbeat, have been able to my entire life. I can feel the pulse in my body, and have always felt it. When I found out most people do not, it weirded me out! I cannot imagine living without the rhythmic sound and feeling of my life beat...

But back to blood giving, if I do not give, I get bounding pulse. That is when the pulse is so powerful the body literally moves with each heartbeat. The heartbeat can also become audible to anyone who happens to be very close to you (an inch or less away from you).

slaughter15
10-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Audible heartbeat, that's wild

draconian2014
10-04-2015, 07:48 PM
sorry guys but for some reason I kept thinking while reading the headline giving blood . if anyone has seen captain American some poor skinny sap needs some blood and gets blood from a guy that's all jacked up lol he goes in all scrawny comes out looking like mr Olympia . lol srry not sure why I can picture this while reading giving blood is a very awesome and good thing .I have a weird sense of humor

ironmako
10-11-2015, 04:11 AM
One of the RN's I've dealt with made sure to tell me not to do the double RBC, but to do a unit of whole blood. In addition for those bros with hairloss that are taking finesteride its gone on the list of drugs that will disqualify you until you clear it (+/- 30 days is what they told me, even though knowledge of half-lives makes that arbitrary and needless).

kubes
10-11-2015, 05:34 AM
One of the RN's I've dealt with made sure to tell me not to do the double RBC, but to do a unit of whole blood. In addition for those bros with hairloss that are taking finesteride its gone on the list of drugs that will disqualify you until you clear it (+/- 30 days is what they told me, even though knowledge of half-lives makes that arbitrary and needless).

Why did she tell you not to do a double rbc donation? It's important to know your crit level before donating. Maybe yours isn't high?

devildog
11-11-2015, 12:08 AM
What kicks my ass is seeing that 16 gauge (yes, 16!) hanging out of my arm!