PDA

View Full Version : Starting to lose my motivation and get discouraged

prodigy6422000
03-01-2015, 01:37 AM
I am 6'4 around 275. I used to weigh 343. I saw a pic of myself one day at 343 and was disgusted and changed my life. lost ton of weight roughly 75lbs. Stomach shrunk could see weight loss in my face and overall healthier and looking better. I bust my ass in gym every day and am starting to get discouraged. I seem to have to same love handles as I had when I was 70 lbs heavier. I cannot get rid of them and its starting to make me wonder if it is even worth it anymore and I know that is bad for training. I work out hard as I can I do cardio for 45-60 minutes day. I change up excercises as I read its better to not do same routine as your body gets used to it. Nothing is working.

I also beat an opiate addiction of 6 years and had heart cardiac ablation and beat all that. But I cannot beat these goddamn love handles

noarch
03-01-2015, 01:53 AM
Keep at it brother! We all get discouraged from time to time....head down and keep going and it will pass.

I'm 100 lbs lighter than you (opposite problem....skinny guy trying to get big) and I've got love handles I can't get rid of either!! They make me crazy, but I figure they give me a goal to shoot for. I don't think many of us are ever satisfied.....that's the big secret in bodybuilding. There's always room for improvement as long as you don't get discouraged. You've made big progress already and should be proud of it and use it as motivation.

They say if you're going through hell, then keep going! The only way to beat it is to not give up.

kubes
03-01-2015, 02:05 AM
Nice work brother! Do no get discouraged this lifestyle is about constant change. Post up your exact meal plan and training schedule and let's get you gaining again ;)

prodigy6422000
03-01-2015, 02:37 AM
meal plan
-morning a bowl of special k with 1% milk and glass of oj. also take my vitamins now
-lunchtime veggies (carrots, zucchini, summer sqush, broccolli) not all of them but like a veggie medley and I hate vegetables and a sandwich turkey and cheese with lettuce dry or all natural peanut butter and jam either of them are on honey wheat bread only.
-snack either 1 apple or some grapes, pineapple (some type of fruit)
-dinner 2 chicken tenderloins baked in oven seasoned with pepper or something spicy no salt. and some type of vegetable again.

workouts vary but 6 days a week I do 45-50 min of cardio either bike or treadmill at the end of my workout
I change up workouts between free weights, cable machines where i can use two cables at once and twist my body or the multiple exercises you can do, or different battle rope exercises, one day do machines including assisted pull up but that usually ends up hurting my left shoulder to the point where It hurts for couple of days and affects lifting. I don't have a set routine like back/bi, chest/tri, I was always told because my goal was not to be some giant bodybuilder just have a nice tone/hard physique 6 pack to change it up. I believe it was called muscle confusion.

I take 1 day off a week where I just get rest and go for a walk outside. Literally just a walk around the block which is 3.2 miles mostly up and down hills.

prodigy6422000
03-01-2015, 02:38 AM
I should also add that I cannot drink protein shakes. I hate them and they are to think and make me gag. I hate chocolate flavors. I never drink anything but water besides oj in morning.

kubes
03-01-2015, 02:44 AM
I should also add that I cannot drink protein shakes. I hate them and they are to think and make me gag. I hate chocolate flavors. I never drink anything but water besides oj in morning.

You don't need those. Real food will help you burn calories. To many people rely on protein shakes as a meal replacement and that is not at all what they are for. If you cannot have them it will be easier for you to hit your goals by consuming real food and forcing your body to digest it resulting in more calories burned. It's like throwing wood on s fire keeping it burning ;) I will look at your food and get something posted up tomorrow after the ufc fights tonight ;)

prodigy6422000
03-01-2015, 02:45 AM
You don't need those. Real food will help you burn calories. To many people rely on protein shakes as a meal replacement and that is not at all what they are for. If you cannot have them it will be easier for you to hit your goals by consuming real food and forcing your body to digest it resulting in more calories burned. It's like throwing wood on s fire keeping it burning ;)

Thank God!!!!! I have no idea how people can down those things. i tried once and almost threw up after a sip.

kubes
03-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Thank God!!!!! I have no idea how people can down those things. i tried once and almost threw up after a sip.

I will get a look at your food intake and post something up for you

Tazzzz
03-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Prodigy, your a beast! I mean that in a good way. You have done an awsome job so far and with guys like Kubes to help refine your diet, you WILL break through to the next level and continue to make gaines.
I'll tell you from what you posted, Kubes will be adding more food to your diet and more meals---that should make you happy. Running at a caloric deficet is good for a while but our bodies are incrediable machines and believe it or not, our metabolism will lower to accomidate for the lower food intake. It will actually stop burning fat even though we are eating less and working hard. No worries! I
'm not going to say more and cause confusion----Kubes will get you on a good path and you will make progress.
Keep something else in mind. The end of winter blues are a real thing and can be a bitch! You guys in New England took a beating this winter and I can see how that can also play into your psychology. Think about it and see if that may also be getting you down. I know for me, I HATE the long dark days with less sun and fridigid temps. I'm in NJ so yeah, very cold winter for us too--not so much the cold but it still sucks. Summer is coming soon my friend and when Kubes gets your diet tweeked, you'll be good to go!
FYI---love handles are the last and toughest thing to get rid of so your not alone brother. I'm 6'3"-255lbs & 56yrs so I fight the same battle. Also 15 years clean so I also know about that bitch as well. Your doing great! Keep it up!

Tazzzz
03-01-2015, 12:23 PM
One important question--are you on a cycle right now? If so, when is your start/stop & what are you stacking?

toppjimie
03-01-2015, 02:07 PM
It happens to everybody bro.who doesn't get discouraged after weeks of busting ass in the gym and looks like nothings happening. I think everyone has had those days where we want to quit because nothing improves.YOU got to keep going brother. It's you against your body.You body keeps pushing back but You need to keep pushing back,then one day you'll notice the transformation and that's when the smiles come,THATS when you've pushed though that plateau and the results will show.Trust me,better yet Trust the brotherhood,when we say " don't quit",because that's how you get though this. Rome wasn't built in a day.....

Freedom
03-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Life is like a cock.

Some ups, mostly downs and not much in between.

One day at a time. It's all we have the capacity to do.

prodigy6422000
03-01-2015, 04:59 PM
One important question--are you on a cycle right now? If so, when is your start/stop & what are you stacking?

I am in cycle. I don't do a lot cause i'm not trying to get huge. basically stay my size just lose bf% I heard tren a is good for that but the sides are unacceptable to me. the cardio taking a hit and such.

So currently i'm running 200mg/test prop eod. only that currently. in two weeks I am adding 60mg winstrol daily for 7-8 weeks roughly. also while on the winni I will be adding small dose of npp (i'm thinking 50-75mg eod with the test prop) mainly to combat any joint pain caused by the winni. I get left shoulder pain very easily as i have hurt it many times and both my ankles I had scanned and the doc said he couldn't believe how much scar tissue i have in my ankles. The downside of being able to dunk a basketball in 8th grade I guess all the impact and sprains and strains. I won't run gear with heavy water sides or that kill cardio. I keep it very minimal. Typically I will only run test prop. This is actually first time I am doing winni too. I am undecided I have a ton of test prop. I was thinkiing after the winni ends would be my stopping point but i may just cruise for few weeks with much lower dose test p and then go again. Although i've never done that.

Tazzzz
03-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Thanks for getting all the info out. Since Kubes is doing the diet plan I'm sure he will be interested in your AAS cycle as well because the two will work hand in hand. Again, I don't want to cause confusion so I'll let him handle this since he's already in and way more qualified to put everything together for you. Your in great hands brother---just keep pushing on and know we are all pulling with you!

kubes
03-01-2015, 11:34 PM
meal plan
-morning a bowl of special k with 1% milk and glass of oj. also take my vitamins now

I WOULD ADD 6 EGG WHITES TO THIS MEAL

-lunchtime veggies (carrots, zucchini, summer sqush, broccolli) not all of them but like a veggie medley and I hate vegetables and a sandwich turkey and cheese with lettuce dry or all natural peanut butter and jam either of them are on honey wheat bread only.
IF YOU ARE GONNA EAT BREAD HERE IT NEEDS TO BE EZEKIEL. IF YOU CANT GET THAT THEN SWITCH TO EITHER A WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLA OR CORN TORTILLS

-snack either 1 apple or some grapes, pineapple (some type of fruit)
NO SNACKS.... YOU NEED A MEAL HERE WITH PROTEIN AND CARBS

-dinner 2 chicken tenderloins baked in oven seasoned with pepper or something spicy no salt. and some type of vegetable again.

ADD A SWEET POTATO TO THIS MEAL 200 grams

YOU NEED TO EAT AGAIN BEFORE BED. CHICKEN GREENS AND SOME SORT OF FAT WILL DO HERE.

workouts vary but 6 days a week I do 45-50 min of cardio either bike or treadmill at the end of my workout
I change up workouts between free weights, cable machines where i can use two cables at once and twist my body or the multiple exercises you can do, or different battle rope exercises, one day do machines including assisted pull up but that usually ends up hurting my left shoulder to the point where It hurts for couple of days and affects lifting. I don't have a set routine like back/bi, chest/tri, I was always told because my goal was not to be some giant bodybuilder just have a nice tone/hard physique 6 pack to change it up. I believe it was called muscle confusion.

I take 1 day off a week where I just get rest and go for a walk outside. Literally just a walk around the block which is 3.2 miles mostly up and down hills.

OK see my comments above in caps. This will get you five solid meals and we could add another meal in there down the road but let's get started here. Let me know if you have any questions or need help with other food choices

prodigy6422000
03-02-2015, 02:17 AM
Damn I am going to have to get used to eating that much. That seems like so much food compared to what i am used to........... One issue. I hate sweet potatoes is there something to sub that out with. I can just cut bread out. honestly I have no idea what ezekial is. I could do corn tortillas I like those. What is an ezekial?

prodigy6422000
03-02-2015, 02:22 AM
I do trust and will do all you say kubes. It is just totally different than everything I have read or been taught. Like the eating right before bed and adding a fat to the right before bed. I was always told don't eat withing 3 hours of bed. Man this is going to be a mega change.

kubes
03-02-2015, 02:29 AM
I do trust and will do all you say kubes. It is just totally different than everything I have read or been taught. Like the eating right before bed and adding a fat to the right before bed. I was always told don't eat withing 3 hours of bed. Man this is going to be a mega change.

Your body needs food your cutting out the carbs before bed and taking in fats to slow your digestive system. Ezekiel is labeled as bread but it's not it's sprouted grains. You might gain a little weight at first but we are going to speed up your metabolism and then the fat is going to melt off. Are you doing cardio after you lift weights?

prodigy6422000
03-02-2015, 03:13 AM
Yes I always finish my lifting with 45-60 min of cardio either a bike or treadmill.

prodigy6422000
03-02-2015, 03:15 AM
unless i'm running low on time then i only do 25-30 minutes but that is rare. i get up at 445am and go to the gym so i have plenty of time

kubes
03-02-2015, 03:23 AM
Ok good keep doing that and keep your heart rate at or below 130 bpm

Loose Cannon
03-02-2015, 03:31 AM
take more drugs thats what i do lol jk

prodigy6422000
03-03-2015, 01:04 AM
OK see my comments above in caps. This will get you five solid meals and we could add another meal in there down the road but let's get started here. Let me know if you have any questions or need help with other food choices

So I did my best but fuck that's a lot of food. I got so used to caloric deficit training to lose that my portions are small. like 2 chicken tenderloins and i could be good for most of the day. I did my best. The morning I ate my normal but could oly do 2 egg whites and felt overfull.

lunch I diddn't eat bread. I ate turkey deli meat rolled up. and some broccolli and carrots.

Instead of apple I ate 2 chicken tenderloins

dinner chicken with squash and green beans raw.

I couldn't force myself to eat anymore after that I tried and felt so full.

Mfire
03-03-2015, 01:32 AM
Keep at it bro! I've there right now too, for med reasons, but it sucks! You've come too far to let all that hard work go

prodigy6422000
03-03-2015, 02:13 AM
I'm trying just not having an appetite sucks. I actually went to doctor today and since the first time i saw him in january I have lost 26 lbs.

kubes
03-03-2015, 02:41 AM
So I did my best but fuck that's a lot of food. I got so used to caloric deficit training to lose that my portions are small. like 2 chicken tenderloins and i could be good for most of the day. I did my best. The morning I ate my normal but could oly do 2 egg whites and felt overfull.

lunch I diddn't eat bread. I ate turkey deli meat rolled up. and some broccolli and carrots.

Instead of apple I ate 2 chicken tenderloins

dinner chicken with squash and green beans raw.

I couldn't force myself to eat anymore after that I tried and felt so full.

How much do the tenderloins weigh? Would be nice to see you eating about 4 oz of protein each meal.

prodigy6422000
03-03-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't have a scale but judging from the package and quantity they are all almost equal in size and around 3.4 oz a piece. I always eat 2

prodigy6422000
03-05-2015, 03:20 PM
How much do the tenderloins weigh? Would be nice to see you eating about 4 oz of protein each meal.

You wanted me to cut out bread so i just eat rolled up deli turkey, chicken or ham? I know deli meat has hisher sodium content but it that alright cause I have tenderloins twice a day now and if I had to eat them a 3rd time a day I am going to start to hate them. I never use condiments or sauces. Nor do I add salt to anything only pepper.