PDA

View Full Version : Proximal biceps tendinitis

Mz1220
03-05-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the cause of the pain in my shoulder. Anyone have any experience or info with this? For now my plan is to rest completely for about a month and see if it gets any better. I hope it's not a tear. The pain has forced me to rest you know how bad it must be to make me stop working out.

noarch
03-05-2015, 09:13 PM
I had bicep tendinitis. Pain in bicep was due to a shoulder injury (referred pain) where the bicep tendon inserts into the rotator cuff. Chiropractor and physio helped immensely to retrain the shoulder and correct the imbalances that were causing the bicep tendon to become inflamed. Find a chiropractor or active release therapist who can work with you and a physical therapist. Meanwhile, ice and Advil.

Mz1220
07-13-2015, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the info brother.

Dont wanna be old
07-13-2015, 01:09 PM
Any updates on progress ?
DWBO

Mz1220
07-13-2015, 02:01 PM
Any updates on progress ?
DWBO

It seems to feel better if I stay away from heavy bench press's but I can't seem to stay away from them. It's one of my favorite exercises. I work in the medical field and can get corticosteroid every once in a while. So I've given my self a few shots of decadron and it's helped with the pain a good deal. I'm still benching and I do a lot of pull-ups I think both aggravate it. Sucks getting old... I also been on mk677 hoping that it could give some healing help. That stuff has helped me a little with it. Thanks for asking tho DWBO

Dont wanna be old
07-13-2015, 06:15 PM
I hope MK-677 adds to the healing .
I know the frustration .
DWBO

GJR
09-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Mz how is the tendinitis? I actually have it right now as well and it seems like benching and pull ups cause it to flare up. It's a pain in the ass bc you want to train hard but you have to becareful lol

Mz1220
09-07-2015, 12:23 PM
I had it injected and it really didn't do much for the pain. I was examined by the Dr and he said it could be a laberal tear and the more I research the more I think that's what it is. It's also known as a slap tear. My symptoms match up with the symptoms of a tear. It sucks if that's what it is cuz I'd need surgery and the recovery is long and painful. Good luck with yours hope you feel better

GJR
09-07-2015, 01:37 PM
I had it injected and it really didn't do much for the pain. I was examined by the Dr and he said it could be a laberal tear and the more I research the more I think that's what it is. It's also known as a slap tear. My symptoms match up with the symptoms of a tear. It sucks if that's what it is cuz I'd need surgery and the recovery is long and painful. Good luck with yours hope you feel better

Sorry to hear that bro, how long is the recovery after surgery? I feel your pain, I'm hoping mine heals on its own and doesn't get to that extent. I was thinking about trying MK-677 to help with the healing process along with 4 Alieve a day and ice twice a day. Get well soon bro

Mz1220
09-07-2015, 01:58 PM
I heard it's months for recovery and it's painful. I'm not planning on getting surgery any time soon. I can still lift it's just in pain a lot. If it's tendinitis an injection could take care of it. Just rest it for a couple of weeks after if that's the road you take with it

Gunner16
09-07-2015, 02:00 PM
I've had 3 surgeries on my right shoulder and if it's a slap tear not much you can do. If they just remove it the recovery is quicker and easier than if they repaired it. One thing they made sure when I rehabbed was that I really strengthened my upper and middle back to support that shoulder. Good luck and IMO get it taken care of before you do more damage.

Mz1220
09-08-2015, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the info Gunner. If I have anything done it will be my 3rd surgery in 4 years. One back one neck and now shoulder if need be. It sucks trying to recover