PDA

View Full Version : Friend needs help

bazinga1991
03-08-2015, 03:33 AM
So I've known my buddy for 5 years now and he can't put any body fat on himself. He is 5.5 and skinny as a stick. He eats like a pig. Can eat up to 4000 calories a day. He asked me how he can put weight on and I suggested mass gainer in addition to his calories. He's been on it 3 months and still hasn't gained weight. Does anyone have suggestions? Some sort of peptide or research chemical that would help him gain weight?

enrod
03-08-2015, 05:36 AM
So I've known my buddy for 5 years now and he can't put any body fat on himself. He is 5.5 and skinny as a stick. He eats like a pig. Can eat up to 4000 calories a day. He asked me how he can put weight on and I suggested mass gainer in addition to his calories. He's been on it 3 months and still hasn't gained weight. Does anyone have suggestions? Some sort of peptide or research chemical that would help him gain weight?

What's he weigh? No way he's actually consuming 4000 calories consistently every day and not eventually gaining weight, macros is a fairly simple science. It took me 2 months to gain weight at high calories, but when I did it started to climb steadily. If he is 5'5 and as skinny as you say, he should be gaining weight easily at 3000 calories a day.

bazinga1991
03-08-2015, 06:42 AM
What's he weigh? No way he's actually consuming 4000 calories consistently every day and not eventually gaining weight, macros is a fairly simple science. It took me 2 months to gain weight at high calories, but when I did it started to climb steadily. If he is 5'5 and as skinny as you say, he should be gaining weight easily at 3000 calories a day.
Idk how much he weighs but I do believe he eats 4000 calories. I've seen him eat 4 burgers and animale style fries at in&out for lunch. Everytime I see him, he's eating

Dr-Octagon
03-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Part of his problem may be as simple as every time you see him he is eating.

He should maybe try eating 3 really large meals spread out as opposed to keeping his metabolism stoked eating all the time

Tazzzz
03-08-2015, 12:18 PM
If he is truly eating 4K calories a day and still can't gain he should have bloods done. May be other issues that can be corrected medically and then he can beging to diet and gain at a normal rate. Simply adding calories may not be the answer especially if its a medical issue.

bazinga1991
03-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys. I'll give him the suggestion of eating 3 large meals a day and having his blood work done

Herc
03-08-2015, 03:38 PM
If he is truly eating 4K calories a day and still can't gain he should have bloods done. May be other issues that can be corrected medically and then he can beging to diet and gain at a normal rate. Simply adding calories may not be the answer especially if its a medical issue.

This ^^^^^

He definitely needs blood work, especially checking Thyroid function. Sounds like he is Hyper-Thyroid.