PDA

View Full Version : Anti Cancer lifestyle

machomadness22
03-18-2015, 12:40 AM
Hey all has anyone seen the documentary on Netflix called Food INC? I posted this thread on another forum a while back but I'd like to give my opinion on whats going into our bodies to all you guys here. I was watching this documentary and it had me thinking how much chicken we eat, beef etc anything non-organic thats covered in pesticides and has other nasty chemicals put into the meat we eat. As an average person its obviously really detrimental to health, but when you start thinking about how us bodybuilders eat 4-5x that of a normal person one can only think that there is a greater potential for cancer. This is just a theory of course. But I think we should all be making better choice's as far as food goes. Obviously money is what holds most people back and its very hard for me I'm a two income family but I try my best to make the best food choices for longevity. Just want to see everyone on here live their lives to the fullest, but I'd like to hear thoughts from everyone.
Respectfully,
MM

Loose Cannon
03-18-2015, 02:02 AM
good point bro. but, most guys on here are on anabolics that honestly, are much worse for you that some chicken with steroids. between the amount ob bb and ba we inject plus some orals...chicken is the least of our worries. good call tho man.

grademan
03-18-2015, 03:17 AM
i think most Americans need to watch what they eat. its sad to see how many ppl are over weight and i have seen some overweight ppl say ya i need to loose weight but watch them shovel food in their mouth and not do any exercise except eat. double quarter pounder with large fries and large diet coke..

noarch
03-18-2015, 03:53 AM
All organic on meat, eggs, cheese and milk here....it's the antibiotics and hormones they give the animals that freak me out.

bazinga1991
03-18-2015, 04:28 AM
I stay away from fast food restaurant. Don't wanna know what they're feeding their chickens

fairdinkydi
03-18-2015, 06:08 AM
I always try and get foods that have anti cancer properties and the best micro nutrients for anti-inflammation etc. Also organic is good too but not a must for myself if it means i dont buy broccoli for week haha
Heres one article i read from an anti-cancer/fight cancer exert
Study was published in Food Chemistry, January 2009 called,
“The antiproliferative and antioxidant activities of common vegetables: A comparative study”
The title is so boring I almost fell asleep typing it, but hold on, because the results are awesome.
Researchers studied the inhibitory (cancer-stopping) effects of 34 vegetable extracts
on 8 different tumor cell lines.
They basically just ran vegetables through a juicer and then dripped the extracted juice on different cancer cells to see what would happen. Here’s what they found…
The #1 most powerful anti-cancer food was Garlic.
Garlic stopped cancer growth COMPLETELY against these tumor cell lines:
Breast cancer, brain cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer,
childhood brain cancer, and stomach cancer.
Leeks were #1 against kidney cancer. Garlic was #2.
But not just garlic and leeks, almost all vegetables from the Allium and Cruciferous families completely stopped growth in the various cancers tested. Here they are:
Allium vegetables: Garlic, Leeks, Yellow and Green Onions
Cruciferous vegetables: Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Kale, Red cabbage and Curly Cabbage
Spinach and Beet Root also scored in the top ten against many of the cancers tested.
Honorable mentions: Asparagus, fiddlehead, green beans, radishes and rutabaga.
Poor Performers: Acorn Squash, Bok Choy, Boston Lettuce, Carrot, Endive, English Cucumber, Fennel Bulb, Jalapeņo, Orange Sweet Pepper, Potato, Radicchio, Romaine lettuce, and Tomatoes.
Here is an excerpt from the paper’s abstract:
“The extracts from cruciferous vegetables as well as those from vegetables of the genus Allium inhibited the proliferation of all tested cancer cell lines whereas extracts from vegetables most commonly consumed in Western countries were much less effective. The antiproliferative effect of vegetables was specific to cells of cancerous origin and was found to be largely independent of their antioxidant properties. These results thus indicate that vegetables have very different inhibitory activities towards cancer cells and that the inclusion of cruciferous and Allium vegetables in the diet is essential for effective dietary-based chemopreventive strategies.”
Translation:
-Allium and cruciferous veggies stopped cancer growth.
-Commonly consumed vegetables did not work as well.
-The antioxidant content of veggies was not a key anti-cancer factor.
-Different vegetables work for different cancers.
-Allium and cruciferous veggies should be eaten to prevent cancer.
So the most commonly consumed vegetables in Western countries had very little effect on cancer cell growth. The top three (potatoes, lettuce and carrots) account for 60% of the vegetables we Westerners are eating. 32% of our vegetable intake is potatoes, and half of that is actually french fries. Nice.
Dark greens, cruciferous veggies and garlic account for less than 1% of our Western diet!
Hello?
An interesting note: Radishes were shown to stop tumor growth by 95-100% for breast and stomach cancer, but had no effect and may have even increased tumor growth by 20-25% in pancreatic, brain, lung and kidney cancer. Definitely something to keep in mind.

Also i read that Tumeric with black pepper (helps absorption) is best food additive spice for curries and salad and can be brought in tablets :)

machomadness22
03-19-2015, 01:49 AM
I always try and get foods that have anti cancer properties and the best micro nutrients for anti-inflammation etc. Also organic is good too but not a must for myself if it means i dont buy broccoli for week haha
Heres one article i read from an anti-cancer/fight cancer exert
Study was published in Food Chemistry, January 2009 called,
“The antiproliferative and antioxidant activities of common vegetables: A comparative study”
The title is so boring I almost fell asleep typing it, but hold on, because the results are awesome.
Researchers studied the inhibitory (cancer-stopping) effects of 34 vegetable extracts
on 8 different tumor cell lines.
They basically just ran vegetables through a juicer and then dripped the extracted juice on different cancer cells to see what would happen. Here’s what they found…
The #1 most powerful anti-cancer food was Garlic.
Garlic stopped cancer growth COMPLETELY against these tumor cell lines:
Breast cancer, brain cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer,
childhood brain cancer, and stomach cancer.
Leeks were #1 against kidney cancer. Garlic was #2.
But not just garlic and leeks, almost all vegetables from the Allium and Cruciferous families completely stopped growth in the various cancers tested. Here they are:
Allium vegetables: Garlic, Leeks, Yellow and Green Onions
Cruciferous vegetables: Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Kale, Red cabbage and Curly Cabbage
Spinach and Beet Root also scored in the top ten against many of the cancers tested.
Honorable mentions: Asparagus, fiddlehead, green beans, radishes and rutabaga.
Poor Performers: Acorn Squash, Bok Choy, Boston Lettuce, Carrot, Endive, English Cucumber, Fennel Bulb, Jalapeņo, Orange Sweet Pepper, Potato, Radicchio, Romaine lettuce, and Tomatoes.
Here is an excerpt from the paper’s abstract:
“The extracts from cruciferous vegetables as well as those from vegetables of the genus Allium inhibited the proliferation of all tested cancer cell lines whereas extracts from vegetables most commonly consumed in Western countries were much less effective. The antiproliferative effect of vegetables was specific to cells of cancerous origin and was found to be largely independent of their antioxidant properties. These results thus indicate that vegetables have very different inhibitory activities towards cancer cells and that the inclusion of cruciferous and Allium vegetables in the diet is essential for effective dietary-based chemopreventive strategies.”
Translation:
-Allium and cruciferous veggies stopped cancer growth.
-Commonly consumed vegetables did not work as well.
-The antioxidant content of veggies was not a key anti-cancer factor.
-Different vegetables work for different cancers.
-Allium and cruciferous veggies should be eaten to prevent cancer.
So the most commonly consumed vegetables in Western countries had very little effect on cancer cell growth. The top three (potatoes, lettuce and carrots) account for 60% of the vegetables we Westerners are eating. 32% of our vegetable intake is potatoes, and half of that is actually french fries. Nice.
Dark greens, cruciferous veggies and garlic account for less than 1% of our Western diet!
Hello?
An interesting note: Radishes were shown to stop tumor growth by 95-100% for breast and stomach cancer, but had no effect and may have even increased tumor growth by 20-25% in pancreatic, brain, lung and kidney cancer. Definitely something to keep in mind.

Also i read that Tumeric with black pepper (helps absorption) is best food additive spice for curries and salad and can be brought in tablets :)

Thats awesome thanks for that I also found one that EVOO eradicates all cancer cells I'll see if I can dig it up!

machomadness22
03-19-2015, 01:51 AM
good point bro. but, most guys on here are on anabolics that honestly, are much worse for you that some chicken with steroids. between the amount ob bb and ba we inject plus some orals...chicken is the least of our worries. good call tho man.

Absolutely man and yes you're correct but just trying to put out stuff I'm a little useful for haha still trying to learn and post up what I can brotha!

Loose Cannon
03-19-2015, 02:12 AM
Absolutely man and yes you're correct but just trying to put out stuff I'm a little useful for haha still trying to learn and post up what I can brotha!

absolutely brother im not a veteran i just put my 2 cents out there too man haha

Loose Cannon
03-19-2015, 02:12 AM
i learned everything by posting like crazy.

Clark Kent
03-19-2015, 04:17 AM
Watch "Forks over knives". I didnt eat meat for 5 months!

machomadness22
03-19-2015, 04:27 AM
Watch "Forks over knives". I didnt eat meat for 5 months!

Dude I keep hearing that! Haha I'll have to check it out!