PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Pinched Nerve in my neck

toppjimie
03-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Ive been dealing with a pinched nerve on the left side of my neck for 3 weeks.Think it happened after heavy shrugs. Goes from the top of my trap,though my shoulder.I thought It might be a muscle tear but its causing my left arm to tingle at times.I finally had enough and went to the doc yesterday,who put me on a 6 day Methylprednisolone pak.It doesn't effect my lifting or working out,just Irratating as Hell! Just watching TV,trying to relax sucks.I hope this corticosteroid shit works and don't have to resort to a nerve block next.Sucks getting old brothers...

Mfire
03-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Hey bro you thought about going to a chiropractor, my shit is jacked and he keeps me in the gym, if you gotta pay outta pocket it's usually between 35-40 bucks

toppjimie
03-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Hey bro you thought about going to a chiropractor, my shit is jacked and he keeps me in the gym, if you gotta pay outta pocket it's usually between 35-40 bucks
I'll highy consider it if it's not going away . I've never been to a chiropractor before

wook
03-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Chiropractors are awesome... But once you start, it seems like you keep having to go back!

Mfire
03-20-2015, 08:21 PM
If you do being a big guy, don't go to a woman, not being sexist but the ones I've tried aren't strong enough to adjust me, and look for a guy who looks big enough to get his arms around you and strong enough to move your muscle, the neck pretty much any of them can move, it's the back that makes the huge difference.

Clark Kent
03-20-2015, 08:30 PM
I'll highy consider it if it's not going away . I've never been to a chiropractor before

May take a few visits but well worth it! If your insurance will cover it I recommend getting adjusted on the regular!

Clark Kent
03-20-2015, 08:32 PM
My insurance covers 12 visits a year with a $15 co pay I always max it out!

Mfire
03-20-2015, 08:43 PM
With the accident I go twice a week to a annoying guy right now, they are trying to get the bulged disks to retract, but normally I go for a sports deep tissue massage by a hottie who can dig in every two weeks, but she isn't strong enough to adjust me.

toppjimie
03-20-2015, 09:00 PM
I'll check my medical coverage. It's good insurance should have it.

toppjimie
03-20-2015, 09:10 PM
If you do being a big guy, don't go to a woman, not being sexist but the ones I've tried aren't strong enough to adjust me, and look for a guy who looks big enough to get his arms around you and strong enough to move your muscle, the neck pretty much any of them can move, it's the back that makes the huge difference.

Arent most of the women that are chiropractors the size of Bulgarian powerlifters? "You lay down,I Crack back",lol

Clark Kent
03-20-2015, 09:10 PM
With the accident I go twice a week to a annoying guy right now, they are trying to get the bulged disks to retract, but normally I go for a sports deep tissue massage by a hottie who can dig in every two weeks, but she isn't strong enough to adjust me.

Ouch!

Clark Kent
03-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Arent most of the women that are chiropractors the size of Bulgarian powerlifters? "You lay down,I Crack back",lol

Lol

Mfire
03-20-2015, 09:16 PM

Not the one I go to for my sports massage! She's built about like the old Wonder Woman! And I love watching her work on my shoulders and chest!

toppjimie
03-20-2015, 10:41 PM
Not the one I go to for my sports massage! She's built about like the old Wonder Woman! And I love watching her work on my shoulders and chest!

Does she work your dick bro?lol

Mfire
03-20-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm sure I could get her too, but, this whole loyalty thing to the wife keeps me from doing it

noarch
03-20-2015, 11:04 PM
I like chiropractors for that stuff too....

Same thing happens to me on shrugs about once a year it seems. Can actually hear and feel a little "piiinnnnnng" when it happens, and I know oh shit I better stop and go home for a week!

toppjimie
03-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Well the Prednisone didn't do shit.Im still getting the nerve tingles in my left arm.I checked on my insurance and have 100% coverage for chiropractor therapy.Going to find one in my area tomorrow.If this don't help,its back to the doc again,so i'll see.

ironjulius
03-30-2015, 09:23 PM
i havent been able to stay asleep for 2 hours the past 4 nights because of the pain. i was going to go see chiropractor today but he couldnt see new patients today been hitting sauna and hot bathes. its always my right side that gets fucked up and i always thought it was a torn muscle

toppjimie
03-30-2015, 11:03 PM
i havent been able to stay asleep for 2 hours the past 4 nights because of the pain. i was going to go see chiropractor today but he couldnt see new patients today been hitting sauna and hot bathes. its always my right side that gets fucked up and i always thought it was a torn muscle

That's sounds like what I'm going though. I have a hot tub too,it helps. I have trouble sleeping on my left side,wakes me up sometimes. Pains not too bad,just that tingling feeling I get though the day. Hopefully I can find one that takes new patients.

animal87
03-30-2015, 11:26 PM
A massage helps my shoulder. It doesn't have a pinched nerve, but if they went to school for it they should know the muscle separations and nerve endings and could maybe help with that. My neck/shoulder kinda feels like i had the crap beat out of me for a day after but it helps over time.

toppjimie
04-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Had me 2nd visit with the chiropractor.He hammered me with some twisting movements.then put me on a electronic stimulator for 10 minutes.Im still getting some tingles but way less than before.I'll give a couple more visits.

ironjulius
04-10-2015, 08:43 PM
i have been to chiropractor 3 times now with just a little relief. i have been able to workout just not heavy upper body yet so basically just able to go through motions. been doing 50mcg of igf to see if that helps but not quite sure yet

toppjimie
04-11-2015, 05:08 PM
i have been to chiropractor 3 times now with just a little relief. i have been able to workout just not heavy upper body yet so basically just able to go through motions. been doing 50mcg of igf to see if that helps but not quite sure yet

That sucks bro. I know what you mean with just spinning the wheels. It's held my progress back too. I'm getting a little relief too and at $25 every time is costly. I'm try 1 more time then back to the doctor. I'm going to try the drug Lyrica, it for nerve pain.

Mfire
04-11-2015, 05:16 PM
If the Chiro isn't helping I'd talk to the dr about getting a MRI, your insurance should cover it

toppjimie
04-14-2015, 12:42 AM
If the Chiro isn't helping I'd talk to the dr about getting a MRI, your insurance should cover it
That's my next move.

Clark Kent
04-14-2015, 12:50 AM
Chiro takes time brother! My pinched nerve in my neck took almost 10 weeks and 12-15 visits! Hope it starts workin for you T!

ironjulius
04-14-2015, 02:46 AM
I went to chiro again today and he said he feels like he can continue helping but if i want he would refer me. I just said im willing to be patient

milleniumgirl
04-14-2015, 12:55 PM
I have dealt with the same injury (irritated pinched nerve) for six months last year. I tried everything from acupuncture to physiotherapy and osteopathy. Nothing really helped. Ibuprofen did for a short while.