PDA

View Full Version : When did AI become stanard??

bobudafrudo
04-04-2015, 10:21 PM
When I started cycling people ran AI or nolvadex as needed, now it seems more popular to pick an AI and run it though out the cycle. I can run 500mg of test a week and it is no problem, anybody else think AIs are being overused?

noarch
04-05-2015, 01:35 AM
Gonna follow this....I'm curious too. I ran my first cycle last year and everything I read said to be super careful and run test only because you don't know how it will affect you. Then in the next sentence, the advice was always ai, hcg, nolvedex and clomid! Seemed contradictory to me...

kubes
04-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Why are you saying it's no problem? Just because you do not have noticeable sides? I used to think the same until I ran labs and saw my estrogen levels on cycle were over 400 and the normal range says they should be 40 or below. If you look at the risks of having elevated estrogen it makes sense to manage your estrogen in cycle and no the use of an ai is not over used

Dont wanna be old
04-05-2015, 03:03 AM
I was going to a TRT clinic @ $195/month plus meds and getting bloodwork done .
200mg Test/week with Arimadex .5 EOD . Finistride and T3 also .

Getting by one way doesn't mean it was optimal . Estrogen if no sides still can make you look puffy and hold water . Extra strain on organs and make you tired among other things .

Good luck friend

Loose Cannon
04-05-2015, 03:28 AM
why risk any sides at all, if you can almost guarantee you wont have any by taking an AI. a lot of guys take them because they are starting at a higher bodyfat % too.

Dbolish
04-05-2015, 04:15 AM
i agree 100% with the OP. why take more drugs that needed

kubes
04-05-2015, 03:39 PM
i agree 100% with the OP. why take more drugs that needed

How do you determine if they are needed or not? No one here is recommending taking anything that is not needed

Creep
04-05-2015, 03:51 PM
I understand where OP is coming from, 15 years ago when I first got into aas, there really wasn't any talk of "make sure you have an AI on hand or even more so there wasn't anybody stressing the importance of Caber or Prami for prolactin. Not to say it wasn't needed or important then, it just wasn't known.

MemphisMax
04-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Over time I think we have come to understand the sides and affects more so than we did years ago. I knew guys years ago that ran deca only cycles or dbol only cycles... They just didn't know any better at the time I've seen guys who can run high test cycles and never touch an AI. Then you have me... I have to run them or I get sides like crazy.

kubes
04-05-2015, 05:10 PM
To answer the OP's real question the standard is just to be responsible and manage your estrogen and not just assume that estrogen is in range because you are noy experiencing sides. This comes with running labs and determining what is needed not just guessing. We are just better utilizing the tools that we have today that we didn't have in the past

Dont wanna be old
04-05-2015, 07:10 PM
I understand where OP is coming from, 15 years ago when I first got into aas, there really wasn't any talk of "make sure you have an AI on hand or even more so there wasn't anybody stressing the importance of Caber or Prami for prolactin. Not to say it wasn't needed or important then, it just wasn't known.

Would you believe there was Progesterone used in the 70's ?
60's and 70's They experimented with whatever was available .
Arimadex was not available until 1995 as a treatment for cancer .
Anastrozole is the generic name of Adex .
I'm sure it took a very long time before bodybuilders discovered and tried these new drugs .
Today we have research Chems and Peptides that might be looked on differently in 10 years as this post looks today .

Jozifp103
04-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Just because they got away with not using it in the past doesn't mean it's not worth using now. We all want longevity in this game. New technology and medicines are coming out that give us just that...

Will you die from letting your e2 skyrocket on cycle? probably not....
Could you potentially sustain better long term health and add a few years to your life by keeping e2 in a healthy range? yes.

Just because you feel fine doesn't mean there's nothing going on inside you. You could be losing bone density (side effect of elevated estrogens), putting extra strain on the heart from high BP or extra water weight, messing up your lipids, weakening your immune systems, enlarging your prostate, etc. Those are just a few side effects of elevated e2 that you most likely won't even know are happening.