PDA

View Full Version : Prolotheropy

Mfire
04-17-2015, 01:50 AM
Alright I had prolotheropy treatment done on my neck and upper thoracic Tuesday, I was bed ridden pretty much Tuesday and Wednesday. Today I came to work and it is extremely painful to walk, I'm getting sharp pains in my hips and knees I've never had before, occasionally the shoulders, but not both at once. Have any of you had this done and is this a common side? The doc told me recovery would be 4-6 days in my physical condition, he also said because of the pressure its putting on my spine weird shit would happen, but I wasn't expecting this

Loose Cannon
04-17-2015, 04:21 AM
wish i could help just posting to bump for ya

akhusker
04-17-2015, 05:14 AM
When dealing with the nervous system you pretty much will have to roll with the punches for the next few days. Since all your nerves in you entire body connect through your spine who knows what all can be affected. You could have a pinched nerve in your neck that can make your hand go numb!

Mfire
04-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the response, called my doc today cause some weird shit was happening, he basically said the same thing akhusker, just took a lot longer explaining in words I didn't have a clue what he meant! Lol

Mfire
04-19-2015, 12:30 AM
Man I'm still getting weird shit happening, it's been 6 days and I'm getting shooting pains in unusual areas, pain in the knees and hips. Basically putting this up now so anybody else that decides to go this route kinda knows what to expect. I've been out of the gym since Tuesday, it's killing me, today I spent a couple hours pulling up carpet and padding, the guy I hired to help kept asking if I was ok, I was sweating profusely, breathing heavy and this wasn't a hard workload at all. It was about 65 in the house. It's like all my strength has been stripped from me, it's crazy

kubes
04-19-2015, 12:35 AM
It's normal brother he put something in there so that your body will try to heal the area

Mfire
04-30-2015, 08:49 PM
Yesterday I went in for the second round, last night it hurt like hell but today I feel like I did about day 3 or 4

studmuffin
04-30-2015, 09:24 PM
I really hope that it will help in the long run.

Mfire
05-01-2015, 08:37 PM
I feel great today, planning on being back in the gym tomorrow

kubes
05-01-2015, 11:32 PM

Glad to hear brother!!

toppjimie
05-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Good to hear mfire.ive heard of that procedure and was wondering about it. Keep us posted as the treatment goes.

Mfire
05-20-2015, 12:23 PM
I know it's been awhile since I've posted on this, I've put a few post in other threads, here's what's going on at this point. I've been through the jaw treatment and it worked great, I've had three sets in my neck, upper back and across the upper scapulas. The sides have been horrible, here's how it goes usually, day 1/2 immobile, day three feel great but weak, days 4-10 sick to my stomach every meal, joint pain in shoulders especially, then it moves around between legs, hips, lower back and severe headaches, 12-14 feel great, it moves up a day every treatment, gets a little easier. Now my neck pain has decreased major to the point it almost feels normal, I have a structural issue that will have to be dealt later, but it can wait now. I have one more set of injections in the neck and upper back then he is going to lower, I'm still undecided if I want to do it or not. He has stated each time that I'm very difficult to treat because of the trap muscle mass, he can't get the numbing agent deep enough so I feel the entire injection and shrug making him miss, he's had his assistants, my wife and pa try to hold my shoulders down with no success, lol. Most of you would be a nightmare how big you are. Right now I'm under orders no excercise at all, cardio or lifting, he wanted to pull me outta work but I told him no. My boss put me in a temporary position where I don't have to wear gear, which I don't like cause this is one profession you never show weakness because getting that confidence back from your coworkers is hard when you depend on each other to stay safe and alive.
So would I recommend the treatment, yes and no, it does help with the pain but figure the treatment cycle you are out of the gym. I do feel my neck has gotten better, but the price is high, health insurance doesn't cover it, sides suck ass and it's painful as fuck, The more muscle mass you have the more painful and difficult the treatment. In the end, I do think it will be worth it, yes, but physically and mentally the journey is a bear.

Mfire
05-23-2015, 03:14 AM
I feel good today, the next two days I'm at work and plan on lifting, I know its against doctors orders, but I gotta do something

Mfire
08-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Things are going good with the treatment, my lower back has taken great can tell a huge difference, my neck has been stubborn. Well Monday he stepped the treatment up from standard prolotheropy he added phenol to the mix, I gotta say it freakin hurt! But today my neck feels better than it has in years, he wants to run at least two more on my neck and one with the phenol on my lower back, he told me as long as the insurance company keeps paying for it, keep doing it he is strengthening my tendons and ligaments, if nothing else it will help me in my weightlifting from sustaining injuries to the back

Mountain-Man
08-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Sorry ur going threw all those sides brother hopefully it will be worth it in the end

draconian2014
08-21-2015, 02:02 PM
damn dude hope u get better soon

Mfire
08-21-2015, 04:17 PM
I'm on the uphill side, it's not affecting me like it used to and I've learned how to work my training around it, my neck feels great today and it has been years since I could say that