View Full Version : 10 Reasons Why Oxytocin Is The Most Amazing Molecule In The World

PAiN
04-22-2015, 03:24 AM
10 Reasons Why Oxytocin Is The Most Amazing Molecule In The World

Though often referred to as the "trust hormone" oxytocin is increasingly being seen as a brain chemical that does a lot more than just bring couples closer together.

New research is suggesting that oxytocin plays a crucial part in enabling us to not just forge and strengthen our social relations, but in helping us to stave off a number of psychological and physiological problems as well. But more conceptually, oxytocin is proving to be a crucial ingredient to what makes us human. Here are ten reasons why oxytocin is simply the most incredible molecule on the planet:

1. It's easy to get

One of the neat things about oxytocin is that you can get your fix anywhere and at any time. All you need to do is simply hug someone or shake their hand. The simple act of bodily contact will cause your brain to release low levels of oxytocin — both in yourself and in the person you're touching. It's a near-instantaneous way to establish trust. And the good news is that the effect lingers afterward. There's even evidence that simply gazing at someone will do the trick — or even just thinking about them. And you shouldn't feel limited by the human species; it also helps to hug and play with your pets. And for those who can't produce enough oxytocin on their own, or who feel they could use a boost, the molecule can be easily synthesized and administered as a drug.

2. A love potion that's built right in

Often referred to as the "love molecule", oxytocin is typically associated with helping couples establish a greater sense of intimacy and attachment. Oxytocin, along with dopamine and norepinephrine, are believed to be highly critical in human pair-bonding. But not only that, it also increases the desire for couples to gaze at one another, it creates sexual arousal, and it helps males maintain their erections. When you're sexually aroused or excited, oxytocin levels increase in your brain significantly — a primary factor for bringing about an orgasm. And during the orgasm itself, the brain is flooded with oxytocin — a possible explanation for why (some) couples like to cuddle after.

3. It helps mom to be mom
But oxytocin isn't just limited to helping couples come together — it's an indispensable part of childbirth and mother-child bonding. Oxytocin helps women get through labour by stimulating uterine contractions, which is why it's sometimes administered (as Pitocin) during labor. It's been known to promote delivery and speed up contractions. After birth, mothers can establish intimacy and trust with their baby through gentle touches and even a loving gaze. In addition, mothers can pass on oxytocin to their babies through breast milk. And it's worth noting that fathers can reap the benefits of oxytocin as well; new dads who are given a whiff of oxytocin nasal spray are more likely to encourage their children to explore during playtime and are less likely to be hostile.

4. Reduces social fears

Given its ability to break-down social barriers, induce feelings of optimism, increase self-esteem, and build trust, oxytocin is increasingly being seen as something that can help people overcome their social inhibitions and fears. Studies are showing that it may be effective in treating debilitating shyness, or to help people with social anxieties and mood disorders. It's also thought that oxytocin could help people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. In addition, given that autism is essentially a social communication disorder, it's being considered as a way of helping people on the spectrum as well. And lastly, oxytocin, through its trust-building actions, can help heal the wounds of a damaged relationship — another example of how the mind gets its plasticity.

5. Healing and pain relief

Amazingly, oxytocin can also be used to heal wounds (through its anti-inflammatory properties). Studies have also shown that a rise in oxytocin levels can relieve pain — everything from headaches, cramps and overall body aches. Now, that being said, the trick is to get some oxytocin action while you're in pain — which is not so easy. This is where synthetics can certainly help. Alternately, if you find yourself in physical discomfort, you could always ask your partner for a roll in the hay. So guys, be sure to use this crucial information the next time your significant other declines your advances and tells you she has a headache.

6. A diet aid

Perhaps surprisingly, it can also be used to prevent obesity in some instances. Researchers have observed that oxytocin and oxytocin receptor-deficient mice become obese later in life — and with normal food intake. Scientists believe that the hormone might be responsible for a series of beneficial metabolic effects, both in mice and humans. Moreover, by giving oxytocin-deficient obese mice oxytocin infusions, their weight returned back to normal levels. The mice also showed a reduced glucose intolerance and insulin resistance. This clearly suggests an alternative option for those struggling to keep the weight off.

7. An antidepressant

Oxytocin was first observed to have a connection to depression through its effects on mothers suffering from postpartum syndrome. Researchers found that some new mothers were dealing with depression on account of low levels of oxytocin. In fact, they were able to predict postpartum during the pregnancy if the expectant mother had low levels of oxytocin. Recent studies of blood levels and genetic factors in depressed patients have revealed the potential for treating people with clinical depression, and even anxiety disorders.

8. Stress relief

Not surprisingly, given its ability to alleviate social anxiety and produce feelings of trust, oxytocin has the peripheral ability to reduce stress — which is no small thing when you consider the toll that stress takes on the body. Oxytocin has been observed to reduce cortisol in the body and lower blood pressure. It's also been known to improve digestion, which is often disturbed by high stress levels. Interestingly, oxytocin and the oxytocin receptors have been found in the intestinal tract; it improves gut motility and decreases intestinal inflammation.

9. Increases generosity

In what could be seen as either a good or bad thing, oxytocin has been observed to increase generosity in humans. Evolutionary biologists, particularly those who subscribe to the selfish gene theory, have long struggled to understand why people sometimes share or give away things — often at a personal cost. But several lines of research have connected oxytocin to feelings of empathy. In one study that required persons to share money with a stranger, infusions of oxytocin were shown to make some subjects as much as 80% (wow!) more generous than those on a placebo.

10. It's what makes us human

In other words, all the above. It's clear that we really wouldn't be human without it — we would simply lack the ability to be the social, caring species that we are. Now, it should be noted, however, that, while oxytocin increases in-group trust, it produces the opposite feeling for those in the out-group — so it's not the "perfect drug" some might proclaim it to be. That being said, oxytocin plays a crucial role in forging our ability to spark and maintain relationships, while endowing us with the ability to empathize, trust, and even love one another. Without it, we would be something significantly less than what we are.

So what are you waiting for? Go out and hug someone!

wook
04-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Have you tried this yet? Looks interesting...

Clark Kent
04-22-2015, 06:44 PM

I have hugged a few people before. Its ok! Lol im interested also

studmuffin
04-22-2015, 06:52 PM
I want some!

wook
04-22-2015, 08:34 PM
I have hugged a few people before. Its ok! Lol im interested also

you're a creep though! I took the plunge and ordered some and a few other things... After I figure out what's up with this Legend GH, I will run some Peptides and get bloods done with those too and see if they are worth the hype!

studmuffin
04-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Where can you get Oxytocin?

wook
04-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Superior has them...

PAiN
04-22-2015, 11:30 PM

Not yet but I am researching it and looking to try it in the next few weeks.

PAiN
04-22-2015, 11:30 PM

Superior has them...

MJR as well.

Dick
04-22-2015, 11:40 PM
This sounds very interesting I might have to look into this , thanks for the 411 Pain!

studmuffin
04-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Thanks

studmuffin
04-23-2015, 12:45 AM
Okay I looked at MJR for oxytocin and it comes in 2mg vials. How much and how often do you take it?

studmuffin
04-23-2015, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know how much to use of oxytocin? MJR has 2mg and I am not sure how much that actually is or will last.

wook
04-23-2015, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know how much to use of oxytocin? MJR has 2mg and I am not sure how much that actually is or will last.

Here is a copy of the PM I just got from JohnJuan: "When I used oxytocin I only took 30mcg subcutaneously before bed, but I found only 10mcg is needed. That means you have 200 doses per vial. It's very hard to accurately dose it that low. If you add 2ccs of bacteriostatic water to the vial then 1iu on a slin pin is equal to 10mcg oxytocin. Try to only use 10-20mcg at first and see how you react. 50mcg gave me a mild headache. 20mcg relaxed me and made my sex drive jump. It made me very empathetic. I would start as low a dose as possible and adjust from there. I like the research that showed oxytocin makes old muscles new again, pliable and elastic."

studmuffin
04-24-2015, 12:32 AM
Thank you so much Wook, I was googling everywhere and could not find how to mix and use oxytocin.

Dick
04-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Here is a copy of the PM I just got from JohnJuan: "When I used oxytocin I only took 30mcg subcutaneously before bed, but I found only 10mcg is needed. That means you have 200 doses per vial. It's very hard to accurately dose it that low. If you add 2ccs of bacteriostatic water to the vial then 1iu on a slin pin is equal to 10mcg oxytocin. Try to only use 10-20mcg at first and see how you react. 50mcg gave me a mild headache. 20mcg relaxed me and made my sex drive jump. It made me very empathetic. I would start as low a dose as possible and adjust from there. I like the research that showed oxytocin makes old muscles new again, pliable and elastic."

Good looking out brother I will have to try this soon.

twisted
04-24-2015, 01:04 AM

I want some too:sonic121:

studmuffin
04-24-2015, 01:06 AM
MJR has it at a good price and I have used him a lot and never was let down.

Dick
04-24-2015, 01:58 AM
At MJR they are buy 2 get one free plus 15% off using PEPTIDES

studmuffin
04-24-2015, 02:08 AM
Great deal I am trying to get my wife to use it with me, I do not think she really wants to.

Dick
04-24-2015, 02:46 AM
Order in I will let you brothers know when it lands and how it goes.

Dick
04-27-2015, 11:35 PM
Does anyone have anymore information on this? Like does it need to stay cold? Everything I have read about it lately is all about the woman and her pregnancy also I see this at Vet supplies for hecka cheap is it the same thing?

studmuffin
04-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Let us know for sure Mick I am wanting to see how it works before I pull the trigger. So if you get on here and start telling us that you love us in so many different ways, then I will know its working,lol.

wook
04-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Does anyone have anymore information on this? Like does it need to stay cold? Everything I have read about it lately is all about the woman and her pregnancy also I see this at Vet supplies for hecka cheap is it the same thing?

I keep mine refrigerated...

Johnjuanb1
05-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Okay, so I have a vial of oxytocin that's been sitting unreconstituted in my refrigerator from a year ago. Lately my hamstrings, lower back, and legs in general have felt very stiff and a dry. Tonight I trained legs and it was a very painful ordeal. I'n ust glad I completed all 7 exercises without getting injured.
This thread made me curious to see if oxytocin would help heal my legs.
After getting home from the gym I took 50mcg oxytocin subcutaneously. I feel so very relaxed and at peace right now. I've really been stressed lately and full of anxiety which has caused general depression. I actually feel at peace right now and have a smile on my face which is rare lately.
The study I found says oxytocin given subcutaneously to mice healed injured muscle very quickly, and renews old muscle tissue. Here is part of this abstract:
Oxytocin stimulates muscle stem cells to divide when muscle is damaged, researchers report (http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/ncomms5082) June 10 in Nature Communications. Experiments with mice also showed that the hormone’s levels in the animals’ blood declines with age. Giving old mice shots of oxytocin restored their muscle-regeneration capabilities to match those of much younger rodents.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/oxytocin-stimulates-repair-old-mice’s-muscles

Johnjuanb1
05-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Oxytocin is an age-specific circulating hormone that is necessary for muscle maintenance and regeneration.Elabd C, et al. Nat Commun. 2014.
Show full citation (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24915299/#)

AbstractThe regenerative capacity of skeletal muscle declines with age. Previous studies suggest that this process can be reversed by exposure to young circulation; however, systemic age-specific factors responsible for this phenomenon are largely unknown. Here we report that oxytocin--a hormone best known for its role in lactation, parturition and social behaviours--is required for proper muscle tissue regeneration and homeostasis, and that plasma levels of oxytocin decline with age. Inhibition of oxytocin signalling in young animals reduces muscle regeneration, whereas systemic administration of oxytocin rapidly improves muscle regeneration by enhancing aged muscle stem cell activation/proliferation through activation of the MAPK/ERK signalling pathway. We further show that the genetic lack of oxytocin does not cause a developmental defect in muscle but instead leads to premature sarcopenia. Considering that oxytocin is an FDA-approved drug, this work reveals a potential novel and safe way to combat or prevent skeletal muscle ageing.

Johnjuanb1
05-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Last night I trained back then came home had a protein drink and decided to try a high dose of oxytocin at 70mcg. At this dose I started getting a strong flush and then my body started heating up. The heat kept increasing for a few minutes which was intense. I can't believe what a difference a little higher dose makes. After 5 minutes or so the temp stabilized. It left me feeling a nice body fry and very very relaxed. I tried to throw a movie on but it was sleep time within 10 minutes of the oxytocin injection. I like the way oxytocin makes all the stress of the day fade away. I also notice increased genital sensitivity, and increased sex drive. There is definitly an antidepressant effect from oxytocin. I notice I have felt much happier the following day after the injection.

Johnjuanb1
05-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Last night I upped my post workout dose of oxytocin to 80mcg. This dose is awfully high. The flushing feeling was very intense. I had my post workout protein drink and relaxed with a movie on for an hour before falling asleep. I'm really starting to like oxytocin as a means of relaxing after the gym. My sleep has been better as well. I seem to wake up more rested than I was when I was using melatonin before bed.

swoosegoose
05-14-2015, 03:57 PM
I am curious to try this. I did some reading on it but I am kind of confused on how you administer it.
For women during pregnancy the take either IM or IV but on the forums guys are taking it sub q?

Johnjuanb1
05-17-2015, 05:27 PM
I am curious to try this. I did some reading on it but I am kind of confused on how you administer it.
For women during pregnancy the take either IM or IV but on the forums guys are taking it sub q?
I'm taking it subQ like the way they administered it to mice in the study on turning old muscle back into new muscle. It has helped my sleep a lot. It really gets rid of stress and relaxes me.

Johnjuanb1
05-19-2015, 03:05 PM
This study shows that taking trenbolone acetate dramatically increases oxytocin output and it is theorized that oxytocin may be responsible for muscle growth.
Since beginning subcutaneous oxytocin injections before bed I have noticed much better sleep, reduced stress, and improved sense of well being. I also have an increased sex drive and almost had an orgasm in my sleep last night. I also notice improvement in muscle recovery between workouts. My oxytocin dose started at 30mcg and is currently up to 70mcg before bed.

The effect of combination treatment with trenbolone acetate and estradiol-17β on skeletal muscle expression and plasma concentrations of oxytocin in sheep.
Randomized controlled trial
Kongsuwan K, et al. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2012.
Show full citation
Abstract
Implantation of trenbolone acetate (TBA) in conjunction with estradiol-17β (E(2)) increases growth, feed conversion efficiency, and carcass leanness in cattle. Our previous study in Brahman steers suggested that the neuropeptide hormone oxytocin (OXT) may be involved in increasing muscle growth after TBA-E(2) treatment. The present study aimed to determine whether OXT mRNA expression in the longissimus muscle (LM) is also up-regulated in TBA-E(2-)implanted wethers as has been found in steers. Real-time quantitative PCR was used to measure the expression of the gene encoding the OXT precursor, three genes with increased expression in the LM muscle of TBA-E(2)-treated steers, MYOD1 (muscle transcription factor), GREB1 (growth regulation by estrogen in breast cancer 1), and WISP2 (Wnt-1 inducible signaling pathway protein 2), and two genes encoding IGF pathway proteins, IGF1, IGFR, in the LM of both untreated and TBA-E(2)-treated wethers. The expression of OXT mRNA in wethers that received the TBA-E(2) treatment was increased ~4.4-fold (P = 0.01). TBA-E(2) treatment also induced a 2.3-fold increase in circulating OXT (P = 0.001). These data, together with the observation that untreated wethers had much higher baseline concentrations of circulating OXT than previously observed in steers, suggest that wethers and steers have quite different OXT hormone systems. TBA-E(2) treatment had no effect on the expression of IGF1, IGFR, and the muscle regulatory gene MYOD1 mRNA levels in wethers (P ≥ 0.15), but there was an increase in the expression of the two growth-related genes, GREB1 (P = 0.001) and WISP2 (P = 0.04). Both genes are common gene targets for both the estrogen and androgen signaling pathways. Consequently, their actions may contribute to the positive interaction between TBA and E(2) on additive improvements on muscle growth.