PDA

View Full Version : Foam rollers

milleniumgirl
04-27-2015, 05:09 PM
Anyone here using foam rollers to relieve muscle/tendon pain?

enrod
04-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Anyone here using foam rollers to relieve muscle/tendon pain?

Absolutely. I'm a fan of the rumble roller, thing looks like a torture device and will get up in between your fibers and do some work like a deep tissue massage.

noarch
04-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Yup...I use foam rollers sometimes, but my absolute favorite is a lacrosse ball, especially for my back and traps. Most people just roll back and forth on them, but I've found they work best if you find the tight spot and then just lean into it until it gives way, then roll off of it and move onto the next knot. Does wonders for my upper and mid back, which is where I always seem to knot up.

kawa636
04-27-2015, 06:04 PM
I use it on legday and or if im goin for a run along with rubbing sum icey hot

benoez
05-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Yeah i bought a good quality foam roller (one with a pvc core) a few month back and ive been using it religiously 4-5 times a week at night before i go to bed. I feel it works well on the hammys, IT band, the knee and calves, i use it in conjuction with my stretches and my lacrosse ball and i had increase my flexibility and decreased muscle aches for sure

milleniumgirl
05-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Yup...I use foam rollers sometimes, but my absolute favorite is a lacrosse ball, especially for my back and traps. Most people just roll back and forth on them, but I've found they work best if you find the tight spot and then just lean into it until it gives way, then roll off of it and move onto the next knot. Does wonders for my upper and mid back, which is where I always seem to knot up.
I bought a Lacrosse ball. I have to find the right way to use it to relieve the tendon pain in my left thigh (IT band).

Oznumba2
05-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Foam roller is a must now when I do HIIT training and can't move after leg days. It's a little hard to get used to but it works wonders when you get used to it.

King Nela
05-18-2015, 03:42 AM
Certianly do! Best thing about them u can self-regulate the pressure and where you want the force to go my maneuvering your body. I Always try and get about 10 minutes in before and after workout to warmup and warm down the muscles and ligaments etc :)