PDA

View Full Version : BB to P lifting.

killit93
05-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Anyone else here start off wanting to be some big ass bodybuilder only to realise they are born to powerlift??
I think its happened to me

Mungus
05-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Condolences brother :MYEKFnxQsofh4Id.jpg Seriously though I reckon PL'ing has a lot to offer BB'ers and there is a lot of crossover. It's always impressive to watch. I wish you the best of luck!

killit93
05-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Haha i dont wanna be some fat ass super heavyweight but the sport of it has become far more appealing to me than the beauty pageants that are bodybuilding (no disrespect to the hardcore training dieting and lifestyle)
Just been to a couple of my friends comps. And seen people win who no way in fück deserve it doesnt seem right. In PL the best wins

Mungus
05-12-2015, 01:46 PM
I can appreciate that! The comps are great to watch, great atmosphere, and less 'bros' which is always a plus.

killit93
05-13-2015, 03:20 AM
Cheers man. Im starting to see bodybuilding comps like soccer matches lol. I love it but too often the wrong person/team wins aha. But

J-Dog
05-21-2015, 01:33 PM
I have converted to PL in the last couple of months myself mate, effin love it!! It is a shitload of fun, plus it's just you and the weight - you either lift it or you don't. The mirrors, tanning lotions, fancy lights etc don't help you lift hahaha!! It took me a little while to let go of traditional BB'ing mentality, but now I have I am enjoying my training so much more and getting more out of it.

I still utilise some basic BB'ing exercises for two reasons - they can be good for secondary/auxilary work and the other is hypertrophy - to keep somewhat of a decent physique.

I hope you are getting a kick out of your training as well. Stay Strong Brother.

killit93
05-22-2015, 12:02 AM
I have converted to PL in the last couple of months myself mate, effin love it!! It is a shitload of fun, plus it's just you and the weight - you either lift it or you don't. The mirrors, tanning lotions, fancy lights etc don't help you lift hahaha!! It took me a little while to let go of traditional BB'ing mentality, but now I have I am enjoying my training so much more and getting more out of it.

I still utilise some basic BB'ing exercises for two reasons - they can be good for secondary/auxilary work and the other is hypertrophy - to keep somewhat of a decent physique.

I hope you are getting a kick out of your training as well. Stay Strong Brother.

Yeah brother been killing shit.
Ill admit man i also continue with doin some higher rep hypertrophy training man.
After power i do building. Still wanna look good. I just wpuldnrather compete in PL than BB

Trekrider215
09-22-2015, 12:58 AM
I dont train or eat 100 percent like a powerlifters, its more kf a cross between pling and bodybuilding. I love bodybuilding because i just like looking jacked, but i have a very competitive spirit and powerlifting fullfills that for me. Meets are so fun, and when it comes down to it i love lifting heavy weights and what better way to do it then in competition. I love the feeling of accomplishment i get from hitting new personal bests. I could never see myself wanted to be posing up on stage. Also, i eat clean but the pre contest dieting isnt for me. Plus, like others mentioned, theres a lot of politics in bodybuilding and i think thats bullshit in its own. That has to stress a lot of pros out feeling like they looked the best but still not winning. Powerlifting isnt like that. He or she who lift'th thee most iron wins. Period.

killit93
09-22-2015, 11:29 AM
I dont train or eat 100 percent like a powerlifters, its more kf a cross between pling and bodybuilding. I love bodybuilding because i just like looking jacked, but i have a very competitive spirit and powerlifting fullfills that for me. Meets are so fun, and when it comes down to it i love lifting heavy weights and what better way to do it then in competition. I love the feeling of accomplishment i get from hitting new personal bests. I could never see myself wanted to be posing up on stage. Also, i eat clean but the pre contest dieting isnt for me. Plus, like others mentioned, theres a lot of politics in bodybuilding and i think thats bullshit in its own. That has to stress a lot of pros out feeling like they looked the best but still not winning. Powerlifting isnt like that. He or she who lift'th thee most iron wins. Period.

Exactamondo

GJR
09-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Powerbuilding is what it's called lol I am the same way .. Started out more towards a bodybuilder but there was just something I loved during my bulking season when I got to lift really heavy or max out. I was always a bit stronger then my friends so it was a feeling of dominance almost. About 7 years ago I joined a powerlifting gym so now I still follow a bodybuilder split but I train my three lifts like a power lifter .. Everything after that is all bodybuilding movements. I even have an arm day lol. But having a massive pump or stepping in the squat rack to squat 500lbs + .. I'm gonna go with the squat!