PDA

View Full Version : Am I almost ready or a long way off?

killit93
05-18-2015, 12:34 PM
5 foot 6
Bodyweight 78kg/171lbs

Current lifts (Calorie deficit off cycle)
Deadlift 180kg/397lbs
Squat 110kg/242lbs
Bench 90kg/198lbs
Total 380kg/838 lbs

Is this a respectable lift for my weight or would i get blown the fuck outta town in an amatuer PL meet?
Keen to try one but don't wanna embarrass myself with last place

All lifts are 1RM full ROM with no spot

CTFaygo
05-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Nobody walks in and starts winning man. The sooner you start doing meets the sooner you will become comfortable with the format/flow of a competition. Keep building for every meet and use the results of your last meet to be your benchmark of what to exceed for next time.

If you wanna compete right now...go for it!!

killit93
05-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Nobody walks in and starts winning man. The sooner you start doing meets the sooner you will become comfortable with the format/flow of a competition. Keep building for every meet and use the results of your last meet to be your benchmark of what to exceed for next time.

If you wanna compete right now...go for it!!
Thanks man solid advice.
Do you believe lifts near where they would need to be though? Not to win but to atleast be somewhat competitive?

CTFaygo
05-18-2015, 02:29 PM
It's too hard to know that without knowing what fed you are competing at and what meets you are looking at doing. Your competition is based off who shows up that particular day to that meet. I had an ex training partner win the WPC Worlds at 181 due to not being the strongest, but by being the smartest lifter. He set realistic numbers and had a good day while all the other big guns were trying to out do each other and all the big hitters bombed out.

I think if you're competing drug free division at the 165 weight class you'll be competitive. Good luck man.