PDA

View Full Version : Non-Stanky Tuna!

Apex Peptides
06-25-2015, 02:00 AM
When I was younger, I could pound those cheap chunk-light cans of tuna all day. Now that I'm a little older, that stuff seems to kill me. Since then, I've upgraded to solid white albacore. Even then....once in a while I'll get a stanky-ass can that makes my lips curl.

The quick fix:

Louisiana hot sauce till satisfied with taste
diced cilantro
1/2 lemon

Sometimes, I'll prep up about 4 cans and mix in a Tupperware so it's ready to rock when needed.

PAiN
06-26-2015, 06:19 AM
When I was younger, I could pound those cheap chunk-light cans of tuna all day. Now that I'm a little older, that stuff seems to kill me. Since then, I've upgraded to solid white albacore. Even then....once in a while I'll get a stanky-ass can that makes my lips curl.

The quick fix:

diced cilantro
1/2 lemon

Sometimes, I'll prep up about 4 cans and mix in a Tupperware so it's ready to rock when needed.

Thanks for sharing. Hot sauce can fix anything lol.

rustyco
06-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Funny that i ran across this this morning. Due to unforeseen circumstances last night I had to choose between meal prep or sleep. I chose sleep, so all I have to eat today are some stanky cans of tuna. I just so happen the have the other ingredients in my fridge here at work so I'll give it a try. Thanks OP.

animal87
06-26-2015, 12:30 PM
I like to put canned salmon in my eggs sometimes but i have to use hot sauce too bc of the smell lol. I like Tabasco the best.

zenstyle
06-26-2015, 07:13 PM
french's brown spicy mustard. zero fat. open the can and squirt on the mustard.

Mountain-Man
06-26-2015, 08:49 PM
belive it or not take 5 cans and pinapple juice blend and drink it fast the acid helps kill the taste of the fish i learned that 100 years ago not bad

Mountain-Man
06-26-2015, 11:32 PM
I like to put canned salmon in my eggs sometimes but i have to use hot sauce too bc of the smell lol. I like Tabasco the best.
Tabasco is the boomb brother I use a 20 oz bottle per week

Apex Peptides
06-27-2015, 03:44 AM
belive it or not take 5 cans and pinapple juice blend and drink it fast the acid helps kill the taste of the fish i learned that 100 years ago not bad

Wait a minute......are you blending pineapple juice AND tuna together, and then drinking it? Basically making a pineapple juice & tuna shake!? If I read that right, you're a bad-ass dude! lol I don't think I could do it.

hockeytownpump
07-10-2015, 04:59 PM
feel the same way, i love my tuna but it can get nasty smelling sometimes. Like pain said throw on some hot sauce it is a good fix. thanks for the post

devildog
11-11-2015, 12:37 AM
Funny that i ran across this this morning. Due to unforeseen circumstances last night I had to choose between meal prep or sleep. I chose sleep, so all I have to eat today are some stanky cans of tuna. I just so happen the have the other ingredients in my fridge here at work so I'll give it a try. Thanks OP.

Time's always my issue as well, don't feel bad.

devildog
11-11-2015, 12:37 AM
Wait a minute......are you blending pineapple juice AND tuna together, and then drinking it? Basically making a pineapple juice & tuna shake!? If I read that right, you're a bad-ass dude! lol I don't think I could do it.

I just got a watery taste in the mouth! Sorry, couldn't do it either.

NightHawkDC2
03-30-2017, 04:24 AM
I'm a fan of Franks Wing sauce. Pretty much perfect on Albacore.

I've heard of people mixing tuna w/ Cottage Cheese. Don't think I could do that one, either...and I LIKE cottage cheese.

Marine
04-11-2017, 05:40 PM

The quick fix:

diced cilantro
1/2 lemon

just tried this last nite, excellent.

Izk
04-21-2017, 11:59 AM
I've always gone with balsamic vinegar, adds barely any other macro or microsomething
Might try this!