PDA

View Full Version : Aromasin in PCT

noarch
07-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Lately I've been seeing a number of guys talk about running Aromasin through their PCT.

I'm on my second cycle....first had Arimidex as my AI, which I stopped before PCT. I thought you were always supposed to stop your AI before PCT...

This cycle I'm using Aromasin throughout as my AI, but I'm starting to see more and more people running it into PCT.

What's the idea there...controlling estrogen rebound??

I've got PCT coming up in a few weeks....standard Clomid and Nolvadex PCT. But wondering if I need to look into running my aromasin in there?

Any of you guys have experience with that?

bulky1993
07-07-2015, 11:12 PM
If this is such a no-brainer why are there so many guys who use and recommend Clomid for PCT here? It is a choice that we all are entitled to make. So what you are suggesting is instead of using Clomid I should buy (run) Aromasin, Nolva, and IGF-1 and when Clomid works well with Aromasin without the added hassle and cost of adding IGF1. Not everyone wants to use these peptides, some of which have had very little longterm studies completed on their use or any studies on Human use. Clomid is not as good as nolva for antiestrogenic purposes I'll give you that but that is why we are using Aromasin with it. You are referencing William Llewellyn who recommends Tamox for 45 days, Clomid for 30, with Hcg for PCT (no AI) . The fact is you are referencing very outdated information and went as far as making these two threads stickies(this is what is shocking to me). Clomid works just as well as nolva at restoring Test levels post cycle without IGF and GH suppression. Yeah it may take a higher dose but we are comparing differnt drugs. You speak of GnRH suppression which isn't that big of a deal with clomid since it still does just as good of a job as Nolva at restoring the HPTA just requires a higher dose. The possible upregulation of the LH receptors produced by Nolvadex is caused by the antiestrogenic effects produced in the pituitary by Nolva where clomid is not as much antiestrogenic in this area. I say possible upregulation because this is based off the fact that Nolva doesn't lower LH sensitivity where Clomid does slightly most likely due to the higher dose required for Clomid and the antiestrogenic effect nolva has on the pituitary. Add in an AI, Specifically Aromasin you also get an increase IGF1 Test, LH, FSH, and lowered E2 which will make either choice work just fine for PCT. Clomid is better for restoration of the sexual reproductive organs and sperm production which is why it is used as a fertility drug. Nolvadex is not used for this purpose as a first choice. My choice is Clomid and Aromasin which is not very shocking and is the more common current choice for PCT. All in all they both will restore the HPTA for PCT just at different doses. I would rather not have decreased IGF-1 and GH during PCT, I would like an increase in all anabolic hormones if possible but it is not so we have a choice to make. They both have the positives and some negatives but Clomid is my choice. My question to you is why make this a Sticky, when it is controversial and outdated?

The bumped original post is seven years old, and Bill Llewellyn's article is even older than that. Some still use Nolva during PCT for their own reasons, but the vast majority of us use Clomid and Aromasin because it works better and more efficiently than anything else. Nolva is used primarily as a Gyno drug these days, and I think there are better options there as well, although I've never had any problems with Gyno. If you are still not convinced, take a look at Heavyiron's sticky First cycle and PCT. He addresses the issue as well. Everyone is free to do as they choose, but some of us have been doing this for a few decades, and are just trying to share what we have learned in the hope that it helps people make good, informed choices.

bulky1993
07-07-2015, 11:14 PM
this was copied off elswhere. disregaurd terms about stickies etc

noarch
07-07-2015, 11:27 PM
this was copied off elswhere. disregaurd terms about stickies etc

Hey man...do you have any links or anything where the Clomid/Aromasin PCT is discussed? Looks like this was a response to a different question on another thread somewhere, so maybe the original post that you pulled that quote from or something? I see lots of Clomid/Nolvadex on BOP, which is what I did last time around. Just curious about the rationale for Aromasin since I'd always read not to include an AI in Pct.

animal87
07-07-2015, 11:36 PM
I've used armosin before a few times in pct. But it was too much for my needs, if your estrogen gets very high in cycle you can take it and it wont suppress your natty test. I only have to use clomid and nolva together on pct.

noarch
07-07-2015, 11:38 PM
I've used armosin before a few times in pct. But it was too much for my needs, if your estrogen gets very high in cycle you can take it and it wont suppress your natty test. I only have to use clomid and nolva together on pct.

Only my second cycle, and my first with aromasin. I'm liking it a whole lot better than the Arimidex I used in my first cycle for sure. I wonder if it would knock back some of those Clomid-y sides. I had hot flashes on my last pct.....

animal87
07-07-2015, 11:46 PM
From what I remember aromsin doesnt help much with restoring your test levels so you still need clomid or nolva, but it will help with the estrogen sides. I always get a good natty test booster too, it helps me.

animal87
07-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Aromasin is supposedly said to have a small steroid like effect, help prevent muscle loss in pct. Idk how true that is, but interesting thing to consider.

noarch
07-07-2015, 11:52 PM
From what I remember aromsin doesnt help much with restoring your test levels so you still need clomid or nolva, but it will help with the estrogen sides. I always get a good natty test booster too, it helps me.

Interesting you should mention that....I was just talking to a guy about an herbal test booster and was wondering if it would be a good idea to start up, or if it would mess with the whole idea of "coming off."

animal87
07-08-2015, 12:01 AM
No i dont think it does. The one I use it designed to use in a pct. If you try the armosin just get blood work and compare it to when you didnt use it That the 100% sure way to see how it will help you buddy.

Apex Peptides
07-08-2015, 01:26 AM
I'd say, there's no reason to run an AI during pct as long as you kept estrogen under control during your cycle. During pct, testosterone levels will be low therefore hardly any testosterone will be converting to estrogen. Running an AI (Exemestane, anastrazole) would likely crash your estrogen. During pct your HPTA and hormones are working to regain homeostatis and level out on their own. I say stop your AI when you start your SERMs pct

just a few thoughts....

Th-thanks
07-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Not only will it keep any potential estrogen rebound in check, aromasin raises your testosterone levels by approx. 60%. Some guys even run aromasin only in between cycles purely for the testosterone boost.

wsnake
07-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Nolva increases test as well. I'm not a fan of Nolva it does my head in but i'll use it if my nipples get itchy.

Predator1
07-26-2015, 01:44 AM
Not only will it keep any potential estrogen rebound in check, aromasin raises your testosterone levels by approx. 60%. Some guys even run aromasin only in between cycles purely for the testosterone boost.
How I run it

halfApint
07-26-2015, 06:12 PM
clomid/nolva for me for PCT with no AI. Worked in the past, will work this time as well.

If it aint broke dont fix it