PDA

View Full Version : TRT Exit plan/ Gel Cycling?

Brolz
07-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Hey, 29 years old, train 5 days a week, eat right, ectomorph up about 50 lbs since I began lifting 8 years ago...used to drink and party but clean over a year now, was able to function and very muscular. but basically went to GP with low T symptoms, lack of libido and lethargic, found a 219 total test level. Had run 4 weeks of ostarine about a month prior, felt relatively normal, cant imagine this effected my levels much. Referred to endo, tested again at 264 total test. Was prescribed androgel, and slowly adding pumps with each test. If someones been on Androgel for about 8 months, about 2 months ago tested at 540 total test on 3 pump, finally got endo to bump to 4 pumps 1.62% androgel, awaiting test results from Saturday now... all this hassle and still not much of an increase in energy or libido, assuming I may need to be above 800 to feel better which my endo isn't comfortable putting me there...was considering trying to come off the gel and taking 200mg Humanofort 2x daily, with whatever natural test booster seems legit, and hoping when I first got tested I had some kind of adrenal fatigue from overtraining maybe? and now maybe i could restore my levels to higher than my first test? but anyway.... concerned about shutting HPTA down too long and infertility to go with testicular atrophy, (cant find anyone who will give me HCG) what are thoughts on tapering off trt vs cold turkey w something easy like the gel, and also what about if I keep getting the gel and cycle like 5-6 pumps on for 3 weeks, 1-2 weeks off, and maybe a few days at the prescribed pumps prior to next lab test? kind of like a mild androgel cycle with a recovery to whatever weak test levels i can produce naturally for a couple weeks every 1.5 months? Thoughts on 1) cold turkey vs tapering, detailed recommendation would be awesome 2) cycling the gel (dont make fun of me for not pinning, im getting insurance covered gel) 3) I have found research on fenugreek, tonkat ali (eurycoma longfolia), and Tribulus Atalus (not terrestris) that supports that they actually do increase test , for use as a sort of PCT? Thanks for taking the time to help

Brolz
07-15-2015, 12:59 PM
I also have some arimistane in Nolvadren XT for added test boosting/cortisol modulating I was considering taking as I come off the gel

Freakenstien
07-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Hey, 29 years old, train 5 days a week, eat right, ectomorph up about 50 lbs since I began lifting 8 years ago...used to drink and party but clean over a year now, was able to function and very muscular. but basically went to GP with low T symptoms, lack of libido and lethargic, found a 219 total test level. Had run 4 weeks of ostarine about a month prior, felt relatively normal, cant imagine this effected my levels much. Referred to endo, tested again at 264 total test. Was prescribed androgel, and slowly adding pumps with each test. If someones been on Androgel for about 8 months, about 2 months ago tested at 540 total test on 3 pump, finally got endo to bump to 4 pumps 1.62% androgel, awaiting test results from Saturday now... all this hassle and still not much of an increase in energy or libido, assuming I may need to be above 800 to feel better which my endo isn't comfortable putting me there...was considering trying to come off the gel and taking 200mg Humanofort 2x daily, with whatever natural test booster seems legit, and hoping when I first got tested I had some kind of adrenal fatigue from overtraining maybe? and now maybe i could restore my levels to higher than my first test? but anyway.... concerned about shutting HPTA down too long and infertility to go with testicular atrophy, (cant find anyone who will give me HCG) what are thoughts on tapering off trt vs cold turkey w something easy like the gel, and also what about if I keep getting the gel and cycle like 5-6 pumps on for 3 weeks, 1-2 weeks off, and maybe a few days at the prescribed pumps prior to next lab test? kind of like a mild androgel cycle with a recovery to whatever weak test levels i can produce naturally for a couple weeks every 1.5 months? Thoughts on 1) cold turkey vs tapering, detailed recommendation would be awesome 2) cycling the gel (dont make fun of me for not pinning, im getting insurance covered gel) 3) I have found research on fenugreek, tonkat ali (eurycoma longfolia), and Tribulus Atalus (not terrestris) that supports that they actually do increase test , for use as a sort of PCT? Thanks for taking the time to help

Im not going to try to tell you what to do.. I can only tell you my experience.. I was on andriol testocaps of 7 x 40mg.. done that for 2 years.. Doc was ok with it.. then I tried to come off cold turkey. crashed big time so I went back on but lowered my dosage to the bare minium which was recommended dose of 2 x 40mg..
Sat on that for another year.. Then I went to the endo to ask his advice.. I really wanted off..

Endo said, just stop cold turkey.. I said no way, not after I crashed big time last time I tried to come off.. He said, blood tests showed my pituitary gland was producing good fsh and lh levels, so I was more or less running on my own test any way.. So I took his advice and stopped cold turkey.. I was surprised to find he was right.. No crash..

If you don't want to do the proper pct, which I think is probably more advisable from what Im told, then using andriol and tapering off is definitely an option.

Freakenstien
07-29-2015, 10:36 AM

just read your post again.. when I was on androgel.. I just stopped cold turkey. wasnt a problem because its a very low dose of test.. Get bloods done, especially fsh and lh to see if your pituitary gland is still producing.