PDA

View Full Version : biceps stop growing

sorude
07-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Hi,
I have noticed that my biceps have plateau for the last couple of years.
They have been stuck at just under 16", other muscle groups have continue to grow.
So what am I doing wrong? I have just tried about everything from different exercises, more reps/less reps, light weight/heavy weight, 2-3 times a week, not training them, good form/bad form.

Any tips or methods that work for you?

rustyco
07-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Have you tried stretching the fascia with a really good pump?

PAiN
08-08-2015, 05:21 PM
The bicep is not really a very big muscle overall. How is your training for your triceps? They make up 2\3rds of the overall size of the arm. If you want big ass arms focus on your triceps.

Predator1
08-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Try heaps of warm ups where your easily getting 10 to 12 reps then 1 worked set to absolute failure 6 to 8 reps struggle to get to 8 or less mininum 6 ,

what excerises do you perform now ?

Also partial reps have been doing wonders for me at the end of sets also negatives are a must

KICKSTAND
08-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Like pain said tris are 2/3 so they're the bulk of your arm. I have to work arms less cause they get disproportionally big quick but when I feel like they're lagging a little ill do sets of 21's for a little while and that brings them up to speed rather quickly. 21's on the preacher bench and give spider curls a run brother. Also it may sound hokey but try and work on your mind muscle connection. Squeeze as you move the weight and also try not to move it up and down but rather in an arch.

kawa636
08-08-2015, 10:24 PM
I usually go heavy n do a light supset 15 to 20 reps on light supersetjus to feel that extra burm/pump.luv that feelin.

Mountain-Man
09-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Like pain said tris are 2/3 so they're the bulk of your arm. I have to work arms less cause they get disproportionally big quick but when I feel like they're lagging a little ill do sets of 21's for a little while and that brings them up to speed rather quickly. 21's on the preacher bench and give spider curls a run brother. Also it may sound hokey but try and work on your mind muscle connection. Squeeze as you move the weight and also try not to move it up and down but rather in an arch.
That is what I was gonna recomend 21's they put 1.5 inch on my arms with 7 weeks of doing them eod

GJR
09-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Agree with Pain, concentrate on your Triceps. I am a huge fan of Close Grip Bench to really pack on muscle on your arms. I also do an arm day and do my biceps first before Triceps. Reason being is it helps warm my arms and shoulders up for a heavy and intense Tricep day.

xmuscle
09-06-2015, 10:36 PM
U have to keep the muscle guessing every arm workout should b different. .i like to do giant sets witch ill do 5 different exercises one after another ..five sets of 8 reps..dumbell curls,straight bar curls,preacher curls,rope curls and hammer curls.

Mfire
09-06-2015, 10:48 PM
I got a similar issue bro, every time I isolate my biceps I injure them at the elbow, doesn't matter if it's light, heavy, high or low rep, but I work the shit outta my tri's and constantly get compliments on the size of my arms

MedicalAd
11-04-2015, 06:15 PM
This could be the point where diet comes in

johnjohn
11-05-2015, 02:44 AM
When i needed to bring my biceps up i started doing close grip preacher curls. I would do high reps while reducing weight all the way down until i was down to nothing but 10 pounds on each side. This really changed the shape of my bicep in just a few months.

Extra_Dry
11-05-2015, 02:49 AM
have you tried the Russian 10 x 10 training ?

johnjohn
11-05-2015, 02:54 AM
Haven't hurd of it bro can you explain a little bit of it. Im always up for learning new things

Extra_Dry
11-05-2015, 03:07 AM
russian strength training is similar to the old school 5 x 5 training except it gives you more time at a lighter weight to add strength and size to the muscle group you are training.... i use it alot when i plato on my 5x5

johnjohn
11-05-2015, 03:25 AM
russian strength training is similar to the old school 5 x 5 training except it gives you more time at a lighter weight to add strength and size to the muscle group you are training.... i use it alot when i plato on my 5x5
I got you appreciate the info. May give that a try

Docmdnite
11-05-2015, 01:26 PM

Interesting, I've always called that German Volume Training. 6 of one, half dozen the other no doubt.

I think the 10x10 is a good mass builder. It's worked for me every time.