PDA

View Full Version : lower back training ?/

draconian2014
08-26-2015, 04:05 PM
who trains the lower back and what days do you train it with back or leg day ? or by itself

kawa636
08-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Back day bro.i superset it with lat pulldowns.so ill do lat pulldown then bent over barbell rows,with runnin bar up along the upper knees towards hip and getting a tight swueeze at the top

draconian2014
08-26-2015, 04:19 PM
damn dude you look like a jacked smurf lol . looking good bro

kawa636
08-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Lmfao!!! thx man:)

noarch
08-26-2015, 05:21 PM
I sometimes do weighted hyperextensions. You can change whether they're hitting your lower back or whether they're hitting your glutes and hams based on where you set the pad and where you're bending (at the waist or at the hips). Back day for me usually......BUT I sometimes set up my workouts as alternating opposing body parts. So, I might do them on the same day i'm doing abs, alternating or even super-setting an ab exercise like cable rope crunches with the opposite movement like lower back hyperextensions.

enrod
08-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Definitely train the lower back, part of my back day. Good mornings, rack deads, hyperextensions, you get the idea ;)

Clark Kent
08-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Hyperextensions and straight leg deadlifts! On back day! I have also found that training obliques helps to strengthen my lower back! Im not sure if that placebo but in my head it works and the complement each other nicely! What ever you decide to do never skip lower back!

GJR
08-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Definitely on Back Day. I Squat/Leg day on Tuesdays and Back/Lower Back day is on Fridays. I like to do front squats before I start to dead lift, warms up my legs and hips and core before getting into some big pulls.

jstone
09-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Lower back is trained on back day, and hyperextensions everyday with abs. After having a back surgery on the lower back, its very important for me to have a strong lower back. For lower back rack pulls are the main exercise along with stiff leg deads, and hyperextensions. I used to do good morning before my lumbar fusion, but I cant do them anymore.

draconian2014
09-11-2015, 01:37 PM
I always do hyper extesions after abs . i am going to start doing dead lifts light for a while until i get some more core strength .

GJR
09-11-2015, 04:55 PM
I always do hyper extesions after abs . i am going to start doing dead lifts light for a while until i get some more core strength .

Maybe do some Rack pulls to really strengthen up your core before you get into pulling from the floor heavy. It will help build your confidence and you can lower the rack every couple weeks until your at the floor.

getthepump40
09-12-2015, 04:59 PM
I always train this on back day, and if i forget, its a matter of weeks before im having lower back spasms.

wsnake
09-13-2015, 12:46 AM
Just spent a few days building a deck ......... my lower back is destroyed........

Apex Peptides
09-18-2015, 01:44 AM
Back hyperextensions are a very underrated exercise in my opinion. A strong lower back not only looks cool, it also prevents injuries!