PDA

View Full Version : knee pain

bayfan24
08-29-2015, 06:38 AM
i have bad knee pain in my left knee it feels like its deep and on outter inside of the knee my thoughts are a tendon maybe anyone have any ideas on knee strengthening workouts

GJR
08-29-2015, 11:28 AM
I used to have a lot of pain in my left knee and I could never figure out why. Over the years of research and learning, I realized it was a few things. I stopped using wraps on my knees because it was pushing my knees into a direction they were not used too. Second thing was I concentrated on my hip mobility. Once I gained great mobility in my hips, the knee pain disappeared and now I can squat with no issues. Also look into Knee Warmers. They are usually only 30-50 bucks and it helps give you knees minor support but also keeps them nice a warm during your leg workouts. I don't want to drop a website name because I don't want to act like I am trying to promote a product but go to google and just type in Knee Sleeves. Good Luck!

noarch
08-29-2015, 03:08 PM
I used to have a lot of pain in my left knee and I could never figure out why. Over the years of research and learning, I realized it was a few things. I stopped using wraps on my knees because it was pushing my knees into a direction they were not used too. Second thing was I concentrated on my hip mobility. Once I gained great mobility in my hips, the knee pain disappeared and now I can squat with no issues. Also look into Knee Warmers. They are usually only 30-50 bucks and it helps give you knees minor support but also keeps them nice a warm during your leg workouts. I don't want to drop a website name because I don't want to act like I am trying to promote a product but go to google and just type in Knee Sleeves. Good Luck!

The hips don't lie!

I'm going through a bout of knee pain right now due to taking up running for an endurance event thing I'm doing this fall. The way I understand it, a lot of knee pain is in the ligaments that cross under the kneecap connecting the thigh to the lower leg (ACL, MCL). Poor hip mobility, or weaknesses and imbalances in the hips and glutes can cause your quads to pull asymmetrically on the knee....which makes the knee fight to stay in line rather than collapsing inward or outward. Strengthen the hips and glutes, foam roll the quads and IT band, and those awkward forces on the knee may lessen, taking away the pressure on the ligaments!

I'm doing the rehab exercises in this link and it's helping a lot! There's a test to see if weak hips is the problem....

Do Weak Hips Cause Pronation? | Runner's World (http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/do-weak-hips-cause-pronation)

bayfan24
08-30-2015, 10:30 AM
thanks for the advice brothers ill look into knee sleeves and defiantly work on my hip flexors and glutes

Apex Peptides
09-07-2015, 02:31 AM
Hey OP....how's that knee coming along?