PDA

View Full Version : PCT insomnia?

noarch
08-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Started PCT three days ago.....100 clomid and 40 nolvadex right before bed. And every night since it's taken 2 or 3 hours to fall asleep.

Anybody ever run into this? I was taking everything right before bed in order to avoid sides......not working out for me if this is a known side effect! (But I don't recall ever reading anything about it....maybe it's unrelated??)

Thanks

enrod
08-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Started PCT three days ago.....100 clomid and 40 nolvadex right before bed. And every night since it's taken 2 or 3 hours to fall asleep.

Anybody ever run into this? I was taking everything right before bed in order to avoid sides......not working out for me if this is a known side effect! (But I don't recall ever reading anything about it....maybe it's unrelated??)

Thanks

It's an uncommon side effect from Clomid, but it can happen. Maybe try taking it in the morning or afternoon instead, see if that helps you sleep at night.

toppjimie
08-30-2015, 03:02 PM
Never did it before bed,always in the morning.

noarch
08-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Maybe I should take it around 2 in the afternoon when I start to hit the wall at work!! LOL

Bbaddict182
08-30-2015, 08:09 PM
I get that from clomid also when taking it before bed, also have trouble waking up early for work when taking it before bed feels like I drank a bottle of nyquil

noarch
08-30-2015, 09:19 PM
I get that from clomid also when taking it before bed, also have trouble waking up early for work when taking it before bed feels like I drank a bottle of nyquil

So you hit it in the mornings instead?

Bbaddict182
08-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Yes sir

Loose Cannon
08-31-2015, 12:53 AM
ive always done pct first thing in the morning with the vitamins and coffee

noarch
08-31-2015, 02:02 AM
ive always done pct first thing in the morning with the vitamins and coffee

That's the new plan starting tomorrow. Try to see how many caps I can swallow at once!

noarch
08-31-2015, 05:06 PM
There we go...slept like a baby last night! Had no idea that insomnia could be one of Clomid's side effects. Who knew?!

Loose Cannon
09-01-2015, 01:13 AM
There we go...slept like a baby last night! Had no idea that insomnia could be one of Clomid's side effects. Who knew?!

great to hear. i didnt know either.

gymdog70
09-01-2015, 01:52 AM
hey guys, will be doing my pct in about 8 weeks , being first time user , is clomid and nolv ok on its own or is it good to add hcg as well ?

noarch
09-01-2015, 02:26 AM
hey guys, will be doing my pct in about 8 weeks , being first time user , is clomid and nolv ok on its own or is it good to add hcg as well ?

Tons of info in the stickies, but I've always heard no hcg during pct. hcg on cycle, but end it before starting pct. I'm no expert tho, so dig into the stickies.

Apex Peptides
09-07-2015, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't use HCG during your PCT. The purpose of a PCT is to jumpstart your natural hormone production again, and as HCG is suppressive you would just be doing the opposite of what the PCT was intended for. Hcg during pct is counterproductive as it will suppress lh function. Hcg is much better run at a lower dose during your cycle to maintain testicular function and discontinue once you have started your serms for pct.

Regarding the sleep issues: AAS directly stimulate the CNS. Anything that does so, has the potential to effect ones sleep. Your HPTA is probably trying to reboot/adjust to the various hormonal fluctuations that are expected in PCT. l I'd try some diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or melatonin. However, it sounds like you have it under control now.

Next time, post up your cycle and pct so everyone can helpyou get all set up? It'll be fun!

Good luck bro...keep us posted!

http://brotherhoodofpain.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5160&stc=1

weavy88
10-10-2015, 09:31 PM
honestly i don't think it has anything to do with the serms. Back when i used to cycle off, I would ALWAYS get terrible insomnia for about a month or so after the androgens had cleared my system. I'd be more likely to blame run away cortisol levels and low test levels.

gymdog70
10-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Always excellent advice on this forum [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

gymdog70
10-12-2015, 01:49 AM
Got it wrong , all good on here

noarch
10-12-2015, 01:52 AM
honestly i don't think it has anything to do with the serms. Back when i used to cycle off, I would ALWAYS get terrible insomnia for about a month or so after the androgens had cleared my system. I'd be more likely to blame run away cortisol levels and low test levels.

Could have been that for sure. Switched my Clomid and nolva to mornings, and insomnia was gone within a week. Who knows if it was the meds or just my body adjusting....

kawa636
10-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Happend to me the first time i pct'd as well bro!

noarch
10-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Happend to me the first time i pct'd as well bro!

Weird thing is this was my second cycle. First cycle PCT felt totally different, even though it was dosed exactly the same!