PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Good Privacy

zenstyle
09-09-2015, 06:43 PM
I feel there might be a need (or want) of this so I figured I would work something up. Here is a method for "pretty good privacy" for shopping or running an underground "whatever". this is called a burner book

Step 1: Find an older laptop (used off of craigslist) that uses either windows vista or earlier price $200 bux or less (pay cash)
Step 2: While hooked up to a public wifi, do a full install of the backbox distro (Home | BackBox Linux (http://www.backbox.org)) over the existing os...read everything on the site and learn how to use backbox and its tools
Step 3: While still hooked up to a public wifi, purchase a non-reporting vpn service using bitcoin (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) and allow it to run every time you sign on, make sure it connects to its list of IPs outside of your home country. price 35$ a year
Step 4: You can now feel free to access any wifi service you want including the one in your home without anything being traced back to you...never hook your new toy up to a hard line

Using backbox (which includes the onion router) in conjunction with a non-reporting vpn on a used laptop that's not registered in your name is about as good as your going to get. I can think of better but it would be overkill and may be beyond the techno savvy of most at this point in time. this method maybe a little slower running than with standard browsing and computation, but you will have to get used to it as one of the drawbacks of being anonymous. just think of it as its faster than dial-up, but slower than dsl. *

Remember, there is no such thing as 100% anonymity...most of which is because we make mistakes...we are human after all. but this will get you close. So if you ever feel like sharing info with someone, STFU!!...even if its with someone you trust.

And might I add, i don't suggest anyone actually do this, this is just for educational purposes and should only be used in your study of the theory of online anonymity.

Love you bros!!

*if you want to use something more user friendly, download and install the ubunto or mint linux distro. if you do this, you will just have to add another step and install the tor browser "onion router" separately as its not included with either os. but...atleast its still free.

coolbreeze
09-11-2015, 05:51 PM
I checked into privatinternetaccess.com
For payment options they accept gift cards!
everyday gift cards from anywhere. You redeem the cards on the site

Great Idea for say ordering pizza without a $ trail
Could otherwise services set this up as a payment option?

wook
09-11-2015, 09:13 PM
I dig your posts! I just wish I was smart enough to use your info! LOL

PAiN
09-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Great advice! Simple and easy to follow. Anyone worried about security could follow this info.

Keep these coming!

DirtyD
09-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Good post bro!!!

aussieraven
10-20-2015, 09:13 PM
I feel there might be a need (or want) of this so I figured I would work something up. Here is a method for "pretty good privacy" for shopping or running an underground "whatever". this is called a burner book

Step 1: Find an older laptop (used off of craigslist) that uses either windows vista or earlier price $200 bux or less (pay cash)
Step 2: While hooked up to a public wifi, do a full install of the backbox distro (Home | BackBox Linux (http://www.backbox.org)) over the existing os...read everything on the site and learn how to use backbox and its tools
Step 3: While still hooked up to a public wifi, purchase a non-reporting vpn service using bitcoin (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) and allow it to run every time you sign on, make sure it connects to its list of IPs outside of your home country. price 35$ a year
Step 4: You can now feel free to access any wifi service you want including the one in your home without anything being traced back to you...never hook your new toy up to a hard line

Using backbox (which includes the onion router) in conjunction with a non-reporting vpn on a used laptop that's not registered in your name is about as good as your going to get. I can think of better but it would be overkill and may be beyond the techno savvy of most at this point in time. this method maybe a little slower running than with standard browsing and computation, but you will have to get used to it as one of the drawbacks of being anonymous. just think of it as its faster than dial-up, but slower than dsl. *

Remember, there is no such thing as 100% anonymity...most of which is because we make mistakes...we are human after all. but this will get you close. So if you ever feel like sharing info with someone, STFU!!...even if its with someone you trust.

And might I add, i don't suggest anyone actually do this, this is just for educational purposes and should only be used in your study of the theory of online anonymity.

Love you bros!!

*if you want to use something more user friendly, download and install the ubunto or mint linux distro. if you do this, you will just have to add another step and install the tor browser "onion router" separately as its not included with either os. but...atleast its still free.

haha a burner computer
+1 !