PDA

View Full Version : May be in wrong place excuse if it is

Kratos Labs
09-11-2015, 06:57 AM
My son is a stand out High School football player, He plays center and defensive tackle..right now is is averaging 2 sacks per game so at this pace should hit 20this season ... Last week during practice he took a direct Head to Head collision have mild concussion, took to Dr she cleared him, this was Tues....Tonight 2nd quarter he takes another direct head to head collision , Knocked him out for about 2 mins. as he was out his left legs was jumping, coach pulled him from game told us to take him to ER he wasnt able to remember much, very dizzy confused,,they did a CT scan everything looks normal said no practice or exercise for a week, any of you guys every go through this ? anything I need to keep eye on for the next few days, any advice would be great

preacher
09-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Dang bro..sorry to hear that,hate to see anybody's kid hurt..If CT scan was clear and no kneck,back or leg pains or numbness anywhere, he may have just got the cob webbs cleared out with that hit..(what my coach would tell us)..keep us updated bro

wook
09-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Dang bro..sorry to hear that,hate to see anybody's kid hurt..If CT scan was clear and no kneck,back or leg pains or numbness anywhere, he may have just got the cob webbs cleared out with that hit..(what my coach would tell us)..keep us updated bro

It's a different world nowadays! I'm shocked the doctor let him go back so quickly actually! My oldest son was also a stand out football player. He played Quarterback and suffered a concussion in his sophomore season. He couldn't play for two weeks! We had another kid, who sustained a second concussion, and was not allowed to play for the remainder of the season and it was the poor kids senior year! I think doctors these days (at least here in Colorado) are afraid to get sued so they tend to err on the side of caution! Too much bad publicity and potential harm to give the okay to play after repeated concussions! Hope he is okay, I know exactly how you feel!

PAiN
09-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Sorry to hear that bro. I don't have any advice I can offer but hope all is well with him.

ironjulius
09-11-2015, 09:52 PM
sorry brother. 2 concussions in a week i would only have him do cardio to start off with for a week and see where he is at the following week. no reason to rush him head injuries can be for life

ironjulius
09-11-2015, 09:54 PM
and dont let coaches pressure you into him playing

DirtyD
09-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear that bro, I have had concussions, but never 2 in the same week... All I can say is have him listen to the doctors & take it slow...

Kratos Labs
09-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys, yea we are sitting him out for at least a week, no practices or games, then Im going have him cleared by a different DR before I let him play again, He had me worried last night, kept apologizing for letting me down, wanting to stay in the game, got him to the ER he was arguing that he was at Walmart , they did CT scan kept him for 4 hours, he seems fine today slight headache, but it def has be concerned having2 in a week.... He tires to go so hard that he tries too hard..He wants a football scholarship so bad in hopes that he will make it into the draft after college , but I told him today it dont matter how good you are, if you start back before you are ready like this time , the next one can be a career ending injury and he has no other choice but sit now, I refuse to listen to the coach all they care about is getting him back in ...But 2 sacks a game average 11 game season 22 sacks, I told him heal up and he will get noticed

wook
09-11-2015, 10:49 PM
In Division one, it's all about size! If he is big and tough, they will find him! Good luck, hope he heals up quick and gets back out there! I miss those days!

getthepump40
09-12-2015, 04:58 PM
health is most important so keep an eye on him. We are not talking about broken bones here... we are talking about brain injury.

Kratos Labs
09-13-2015, 12:43 AM
Update... Its been 2 days he is still having headaches not bad pretty mild, a lil confusion every now and then, I figure if he is still having issues on Monday maybe I need to take him back in from another CT scan IDK, better safe than sorry