PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Z's Former U.S. Domestic Remailer Sentenced to 17 Years for Dealing Steroids

PAiN
10-03-2015, 04:30 AM
Uncle Z's Former U.S. Domestic Remailer Sentenced to 17 Years for Dealing Steroids (http://brotherhoodofpain.com)

Uncle Z's Former U.S. Domestic Remailer Sentenced to 17 Years for Dealing Steroids David Starkey was once the sole domestic remailer in the United States for the international steroid source known as “Uncle Z”. But like most of those who become involved in illegal steroid (http://brotherhoodofpain.com) distribution, he got caught. And now, Starkey has been sentenced to serve 17 years in the Indiana Department of Correction.

Starkey and his wife partnered with Uncle Z during a period when they were unemployed and in dire financial straits. He never considered himself a “drug dealer” and never considered anabolic steroids (http://brotherhoodofpain.com) as “bad” as other controlled substances. It didn't make any difference. Prosecutors saw it differently.

Starkey was charged under Indiana State law. He pleaded guilty to Dealing in a Schedule III Controlled Substance as a Level II Felony according to Rush County Prosecutor Philip Caviness. In September 2015, Starkey reached a plea agreement with Prosecutor Caviness.
Under the terms of the plea agreement, Starkey will serve 12 years in prison. The prison time will be followed by 3 years under house arrest as part of the Rush County Community Corrections Program. And finally, it will be followed by 2 years probation. Under a best case scenario, Starkey could serve as little as 9 years in prison under a prison program that rewards good behavior. Under Indiana State law, convicts with level II felonies can receive one day of good time credit for every three days of good behavior.

The sentence seems unusually harsh given that most federal cases involving steroid distribution and conspiracy result in defendants serving less than 5 years. Steroid-related sentences of more than 10 years are exceedingly rare. The harsh sentenced received by Starkey can be partly explained by the draconian Indiana steroid laws but may be largely due to the fact that Starkey and his wife were busted twice for the same offense within 5 months of each other.

David and Holly Starkey were arrested when investigators from the Rushville Police Department, Homeland Security and the US Postal Service served warrants on their residence in August 2014. The police found substantial evidence consistent with the operation of an underground laboratory (UGL) that manufactured steroids. Investigators compiled evidence that the Starkeys were receiving ingredients through the mail, manufacturing finished steroid products, and shipping them around the country and overseas.

The steroid business allowed the couple to go from having no money and no job to making $2000 per week remailing steroids for Uncle Z. Uncle Z mailed all of the product to Starkey and paid him via Western Union based of the number of packages he shipped (remailed). Starkey said Z would pay him $10 per package of vials shipped and $5 per package of pills shipped. Starkey never interacted with customers directly nor did he manage any funds received from customers. He was simply provided with pick and pack details along with customer addresses.
In spite of their August 2014 arrest, the couple continued to sell steroids (http://brotherhoodofpain.com). In January 2015, the Rushville Police and Rush County Sheriff's Office set up a controlled buy with David Starkey. Starkey was arrested with 500 grams of steroid powder (http://brotherhoodofpain.com) in his possession. A subsequent search warrant turned up 200 vials of finished injectable steroids (http://brotherhoodofpain.com), worth an estimated $20,000 on the street, along with paraphernalia consistent with the operation of a steroid underground laboratory (UGL).

Both David and Holly Starkey have been held in custody at the Madison Correctional Facility ever since. David Starkey will begin his prison sentence immediately.

Holly Starkey has also pleaded guilty and remains incarcerated pending sentencing. It is possible that the status of Holly Starkey's case could have loomed over negotiations between David Starkey and county prosecutors. It remains to be seen if Holly Starkey gets out of jail or receives a reduced sentence as an official or unofficial condition of David Starkey's plea agreement.

Source:
Rushvill Republican. (September 29, 2015). Starkey pleads guilty to dealing steroids. Retrieved from
http://www.rushvillerepublican.com/news/local_news/starkey-pleads-guilty-to-dealing-steroids/article_4fc3d628-d417-506e-b427-8700d5e36cf5.html

mustang_00
10-03-2015, 05:50 AM
wasn't this the same couple that was caught before??

PAiN
10-03-2015, 06:28 AM
wasn't this the same couple that was caught before??

I updated it.

bobhead
12-29-2015, 05:32 AM
12 years in prison, that's absolutely absurd!!

Swole 4 Life
12-29-2015, 06:45 AM
$2000 a week at $10 a package. That's a lot of steroids, and that's just one source. Imagine how many vials get bought each week in the US from all sources!

cominback22
12-29-2015, 05:03 PM
In a way it makes me feel a little safer buying. Seems that LEO is after the big guys. Not me getting 3 vials of test. Not saying I'm complacent or get lazy in being safe.

crazylegs80
01-01-2016, 06:03 AM
That sentence is just fucking ridiculous. There are fucks getting less time than that for sexually abusing children.

grademan
01-01-2016, 09:45 PM
That sentence is just fucking ridiculous. There are fucks getting less time than that for sexually abusing children.

Gotta agree CL.

JB ROBO
01-02-2016, 01:30 AM
This is absolutly ridiculous. Wow. They really fucked him over.

twisted
01-03-2016, 12:47 AM

Yup abusing children and rape carrys less time ...what kinda a fuckin lawyer did they have !!!

crazylegs80
01-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Yup abusing children and rape carrys less time ...what kinda a fuckin lawyer did they have !!!

I would have to assume they had a public defender just out of law school that carried a C average and barely passed the bar exam.

Sinister8547
01-03-2016, 05:40 PM
This was my thought. That's a really steep sentence IMO. It sounds as though he ended up with some pimple faced newbie public defender for a lawyer that didn't even try to get him a fair deal.

Get2daChoppa!
01-03-2016, 05:45 PM

I cannot begin to tell you how pissed off it truly does make me seeing sentences like this

FrankTheTank
01-09-2016, 03:14 AM
It goes to show you that $2000 a week and probably free gear seems like easy money but you're just the fall guy!! It's not worth it. These sources will sit back and collect the real money while your assistance is on the line.

fireboss
01-24-2016, 09:58 PM
Wow that kind of puts a dent in my plans for the ultimate retirement job.The irony is how many policemen were probably using his products.My nephew is a police officer and that kids never off cycle.Lol everybody in the family blames it on old uncle fireboss.

dc_812000
01-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Wow that kind of puts a dent in my plans for the ultimate retirement job.The irony is how many policemen were probably using his products.My nephew is a police officer and that kids never off cycle.Lol everybody in the family blames it on old uncle fireboss.

There a lot of cops at my local gym. 90% of them never come off cycle.

dc.

Get2daChoppa!
02-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Samesies

Bullseye Forever
02-06-2016, 11:19 PM
There a lot of cops at my local gym. 90% of them never come off cycle.

dc.same here always taking something

Buddhayoyo
02-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Ridiculous law, but u making 2k a week and not saving in case you get in trouble to pay a good attorney is also very stupid, I just can't with people that don't think in the risk they take

Kvasir
02-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Definitely sounds like they didn't plan well at all. Some of the best seem to go for a while, disappear frequently, and then come back. That 1st arrest should've been a sign to cool it for a bit.

Goldfinger
03-01-2016, 12:34 AM

Sad, but not at all uncommon. Back several years ago, one of my friend's uncle grew some weed. He sold a couple pounds of it to an under cover cop and got busted. First offense. Never had been in any trouble before. Right after that, this sick fuck that lived in town got busted for molesting a little boy. It was his second conviction. Guess who got out first?

huge1042
03-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Good sponsor

Dont wanna be old
03-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Good sponsor
Did you read anything ?
I believe you are just trying to increase you post count .
I'm swinging a hammer above my head and let me tell you it's not Thor's
DWBO

Bullrush
03-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Did you read anything ?
I believe you are just trying to increase you post count .
I'm swinging a hammer above my head and let me tell you it's not Thor's
DWBO
Lol.. DWBO SMASH....

simplydumb
03-04-2016, 10:06 PM
I agree with Crazylegs, way to harsh. Sexual offenders and murderers have served less time then 12 years. Our judicial system is getting so backasswards.

Wicked
04-08-2016, 11:49 PM
F*cking BS sentencing!!