PDA

View Full Version : Protein absortion??

solidsnake
10-07-2015, 05:49 PM
protein absorption?

I'm sorry guys. I had no idea where to post this.
Is there actually any protein that is ...should I say wasted. e.g if you have 45g of protein every 3 hours are you actually using it all. If training hard and carbs and fats are up to scratch. Does excess get stored as fat?

Apex Peptides
10-07-2015, 06:00 PM
While the pathways to convert protein to fat doexist in the body you're more likely to get struck by lightning twice....in the same day....in the same location . Absorption is not the same as utilization; you're confusing the two terms here. Absorption means that once something has been digested mechanically and chemically by your teeth and enzymes, the nutrients pass into the blood stream. Utilization refers to what they end up being used for.

Protein will never be stored as fat in any realistic scenario. The pathways exist for it to happen, but like I said earlier the chances of it happening are so small you're better off playing mega millions and hoping to win the jackpot. Carbs are very rarely stored as fat. This myth was started from research on rats who process carbs much differently than humans. In humans it's a distant concern. Dietary fat is the only macro that's always stored as fat. Your body most certainly will digest and absorb as well as utilize all macros provided you're healthy and no medical issues.

http://brotherhoodofpain.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5477&stc=1

JohnKane
10-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Here's some info, hope it helps brotha. There's so many variables especially with increased nitrogen retention and protein synthesis while 'ON'
Taking digestive enzymes, probiotics is never a bad idea.

Speed up or slow down the absorption
Protein supplements: Is protein absorption the problem? | Precision Nutrition (http://www.precisionnutrition.com/rr-whey-too-much)

Different blood types, enzymes, stomach acid
Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase: Where blood type meets digestion. (http://www.dadamo.com/B2blogs/blogs/index.php/2010/03/10/intestinal-alkaline-phosphatase-where-bl?blog=24)

Docmdnite
10-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Carbs are very rarely stored as fat. This myth was started from research on rats who process carbs much differently than humans. In humans it's a distant concern. Dietary fat is the only macro that's always stored as fat. Your body most certainly will digest and absorb as well as utilize all macros provided you're healthy and no medical issues.

Not to be rude but that if flat wrong. Carbs ARE stored as fat. Carbs with out fiber (pasta, white rice, white bread) will cause spikes in your blood sugar which causes your insulin to spike. Insulin removes sugar from your blood and allows it to get into the cells for energy. Once it has used all the glucose it need including replenishing glycogen in the liver, your body stores the excess as fat.

Fat does not make you fat. I don't have time to write a peer reviewed article about it right now but if you think I am wrong google it.

That study you are referring to, it was fat not carbs. That's why the whole low-fat craze started in the late 60's or early 70's or whenever.