PDA

View Full Version : Tendonitis in hand and elbow

johnjohn
10-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for tendonitis home cures. This thing is really affecting my training. I've had it in my hand for 2 weeks so I've been going light on the weights. And today doing cable cross over it's spread to my elbow. Any advice would be appreciated because next step is the doctor

Loose Cannon
10-11-2015, 12:33 AM
dr bro, cant really imagine what you could do besides a brace and pain pills...if you dont eliminate the problem and just cover it with remedies it will never go away.

noarch
10-11-2015, 12:39 AM
Ice, Advil, stretching......and Google nerve flossing for the nerves in the forearm and hand (radial tunnel, carpal tunnel, and cubital tunnel I think but am not sure). There are some stretches you can do where you brace your arm against a wall and move your head to glide the nerves through their sheaths. I had a problem once that I thought was tendinitis or a pull, but was actually my nerve firing wrong because it had gotten trapped. Doesn't hurt to try!

johnjohn
10-11-2015, 12:41 AM
BPC-157 is something I've been reading up on a lot. I've hurd good things about it helping with tendonitis and healing

Gunner16
10-11-2015, 12:53 AM
I pitched for many yrs and had this often I still dread if I feel it coming and from what I've found out nothing works accept rest and cortisone from the doctor. I use moist heat with Epsom salt and anti inflamitories. Rest brother and be careful don't let it get to bad

johnjohn
10-11-2015, 12:56 AM
Appreciate the info guy's i think it may just be time for the doc.

mattnc98
10-11-2015, 03:11 AM
For the elbow u need to do reverse grip easy.bar curls the strengthen the weaker muscle so it will pull it the opposite way another word. When ur biceps get over developed to the tops of the for arms etc it's pulls on it more which causes the tendon to be pulled more in the wrong direction

mattnc98
10-11-2015, 03:13 AM
I see a professional for that issue my arms are now.19 1/4 and doing that exercise helps stay away from standard grip curls for a while do hammers and reverse etc. For at least a month
But back daynwill still bring it out.

KICKSTAND
10-11-2015, 03:23 AM
I went through this last year. Mine got so bad that I couldn't even grip hard enough to shake hands I tried everything. From Epsom salt to peptides and back. The only thing that helped was rest. Time off from weights. I stayed on some test so I wouldn't loose any size
I didn't work out for a few months. It took a while but the pain finally got better and better than went away. It was rough times though brother.

noarch
10-11-2015, 08:02 PM
I don't know if you work a desk job, but I even changed my mouse hand for a while too to give my arm a break. All those little micro motions can really inflame the muscles and tendons in your hands and forearms.

ironman53
10-31-2015, 08:51 AM
try using bands,,,and its possible you have weak forearms,appeared to biceps..and sometimes we compensate and wrist are at wrong angle doing certain excerices,,,try using wrist wraps and one for elbow ,,helps alot