PDA

View Full Version : The Best Conventional Deadlift Assistance

cmeliftheavy
10-17-2015, 02:37 AM
Always looking for accessory movements/assistance figured some might be looking, so here is a quick useful video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMlBInbWi0

Guys if you have a list of accessory movements that have strengthen your deadlifts please post, as mentioned I am always looking added movements to strength the DLs..

Fingerbang
10-20-2015, 04:34 AM
I know a few very successful guys who love Ukranian deadlifts

Ukrainian deadlifts
I honestly believe that one of the reasons we have had success at deadlifting is because of UDL’s. Here is how we do them. We get 2 x 30cm ply boxes from Ironedge, we keep them wide enough to sit a KB in between, normally the 80kg one. One of our girls has done 15 reps with the 80kg KB at only 57kg. We need a 100kg KB now.
The KB handle will sit level with your shoes, and as I’ve mentioned in other articles, I love a long range of motion. Again, I’ve watched some do this from the full squat position, we do it with the hips high, and for high reps. We had one guy do 60 consecutive reps with the 64kg KB off 30cm blocks. Very impressive.

Personally, i just stick with deads from the floor, rack pulls and deficits

Fingerbang
10-20-2015, 04:35 AM
Double post

GJR
10-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Coming from a powerlifting gym I have a few things that will help with dead lift assistance. Deficit Dead lifts on top of a plate, Band or Chain dead lifts, Front Squats, Wide Grip (Snatch) Dead lifts, Rack Pulls, Reverse Hypers, Good Mornings, etc. The list goes on lol.

chowlum 1
05-29-2016, 11:58 PM
basically what he ^said and if u lift conventional also train sumo not sure how but it seems to help alot of ppl

Grayson
06-19-2016, 04:41 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the vid