PDA

View Full Version : is a glucose meter.an.absolute nessecity for.slin.

macho
10-23-2015, 07:44 PM
I only plan running 6ius a day for 3 weeks possibly going up to 8 is it a must to have a glucose meter ? I shouldnt get fat.off that.and if im correct that is the main purpose of the meter to find a sweet spot ?

ryanwrath
10-27-2015, 02:37 PM
I would say get a glucose meter, and know wtf and why you are using it...i had similar questions, and came to realize that if i had to ask it, i hadnt done enough research. my .2.

Jimmyinkedup
10-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Whether or not you get fat has nothing to do with the amount of slin, it has everything to do with your diet alongside that amount of slin.
Yes you should have a BGM but as was said above, you need to do a lot more research before taking this step. This shouldnt be taken lightly and in all honesty if you arent competing I dont really think slin is by any means a necessity nor is it a good idea for most people. Slin IMO is for those that compete or are very advanced only.

DirtRider
10-28-2015, 12:25 AM
Whether or not you get fat has nothing to do with the amount of slin, it has everything to do with your diet alongside that amount of slin.
Yes you should have a BGM but as was said above, you need to do a lot more research before taking this step. This shouldnt be taken lightly and in all honesty if you arent competing I dont really think slin is by any means a necessity nor is it a good idea for most people. Slin IMO is for those that compete or are very advanced only.

Great advice here ^^
Slin isnt something you just want just jump into. Do your research. Most people think Slin is the magic drug that will turn you into a monster and thats not the case. I never run Slin without my HGH. Which you can run it alone. As said above if you dont compete i wouldnt even mess with it.

devildog
11-13-2015, 12:34 AM
Using slin and no glucometer? Oh my...

deathstar
11-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Why wouldn't you buy one? It's like $10

PAiN
11-14-2015, 01:34 AM
You better make sure you get your research done on this bro. Insulin isn't something to play with.

mattnc98
11-14-2015, 03:57 AM
Example I run slin now BC of effect on the hgh. I run bsn true gain shake with 2 scoops extra whey after work out with banana shake contains 222carbs banana 28 so that's 250 carbs I run 18-20 units BC I worked up to that. At bfast I run 12 with lean gains shake added shot of karbolyn and oats and 2 scoops whey. And 1 banana that's 140 carbs. 1 unit per 10 carbs is a safe measure but start with 6 just after workouts then 8 then 10 then 12. 12 is most people's sweet spot. My metabolism is kicking my waist has lost 1 inch and I gained 20 lbs. Last year 20units I'd get fat lol. U have to listen to ur body and check sugar 1 hr after shot and shake. To stay safe or if u get sweaty palms legs feel funny ur sugar is getting low. I took care of my dad for a few years inhad to dose him etc.

mattnc98
11-14-2015, 03:58 AM
Listen to your body

Thappy
11-14-2015, 07:10 AM
Would be wise to have one but I can honestly say out of all the people I know that run slin have never used them. It's just all about knowing your carb intake to dosage. Slin is dangerous shit!

Thappy
11-14-2015, 07:12 AM

This!, only will work well if you have diet on the mark. To little you go hypo to much you get fat. If you are going to do it have someone with you that knows what they are doing for the first week.

tomsawyer.tc
12-20-2015, 01:43 AM
These guys are right. Messing with slin is dangerous if you do not know what you are doing and have no meter. You run the risk of low blood sugar and passing out from low glycemic reaction and passing out to potential death. I have been insulin dependant for 40 years since I was 10 and know how my body feels when high or low plus I test frequently. 1 i.u. perb10-15 grams of carbs is all u need for a fast acting slin such as novolog or Humalog or even humulin R. Make sure you take the slin and then get the carbs in within 15 minutes as that's how fast the insulin kicks in. I have put on 40 lbs in 10 months with gear slin and most importantly good foods and training all the whilebremaining lean and vascular. It works wonders but you ABSOLUTELY NEED A METER. and check it frequently.

caveman72
12-20-2015, 04:08 AM
These guys are right. Messing with slin is dangerous if you do not know what you are doing and have no meter. You run the risk of low blood sugar and passing out from low glycemic reaction and passing out to potential death. I have been insulin dependant for 40 years since I was 10 and know how my body feels when high or low plus I test frequently. 1 i.u. perb10-15 grams of carbs is all u need for a fast acting slin such as novolog or Humalog or even humulin R. Make sure you take the slin and then get the carbs in within 15 minutes as that's how fast the insulin kicks in. I have put on 40 lbs in 10 months with gear slin and most importantly good foods and training all the whilebremaining lean and vascular. It works wonders but you ABSOLUTELY NEED A METER. and check it frequently.

definitely I am good at helping my mom with lows and highs of sugar
I know how quick I could find my mom dead if she don't check and eat and not take more insulin then needed. I've had to kick doors down and mom was I'm a coma. saved her 4 times so please be carefully. but I was quoting to actually hear from you did you really gain or credit alot of gain from insulin use.I'm just very curious I am actually scarred from watchimg my mom but I am a bodybuilder. I appreciate feedback and at the same time mean no disrespect just actually trying to figure it out.

tomsawyer.tc
12-20-2015, 04:58 AM
I attribute the gains to the fact I used to pack alot of mass then due to an injury and problems with pain meds. I lost quite a bit of mass. But feel that muscle memory, proper diet and supplementation along with quality gear and knowing my body and adjusting my insulin around my training has helped me get back to 220. I am sitting at about 10%bf shooting for 230 and then compete again before I am to much older. I would in no way recommend someone use insulin for bodybuilding purposes as I believe you can mess up your bodies homeostasis and make yourself diabetic. I however have and always will be diabetic so I can do it as the risk is minimal aside from low blood sugar which I know how to manage as I have been doing it since I was ten years old and am now 51. I came in early February at 180lbs and sucked up. I am now a very healthy and lean 218 -220.