PDA

View Full Version : Support supps for long term steroid user..

Gearguy92
11-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Any suggestions ? Stuff for heart.. Liver, prostate, kidneys.. Etc

devildog
11-11-2015, 12:25 AM
This is gonna be a long thread, but I'll start with Liv-52, NAC, CoQ10 (dissolved in coconut oil, grapeseed oil, etc), BCAA, Resveritol, B6, B3, Vit C, Vit E, and yes, half an aspirin a day.

Gearguy92
11-11-2015, 12:34 AM
Awesome! Keep the posts coming, I want this thread to be informative, if you guys could state the reason of use for each supplement that would be awesome for any readers trying to learn, along with myself. I know about most support supps but I haven't been using any lately and figured I should start again .. So that's why I made this thread.

zatsiorsky
11-13-2015, 04:43 AM
One of the most profound effects of continued AAS use/abuse is reduction of HDL cholesterol.

Supplements to address this can include cocamine (or dark/bakers chocolate) resveratrol, and arguably niacin (in a recent study Niacin had a toxic effect, so this is being heavily researched atm), fibrous foods.

Hdl is still somewhat poorly understood regarding dietary effect.

PAiN
11-14-2015, 01:38 AM
NAC, Milk Thistle, and SAW PALMETTO, never leave home without it.

devildog
11-14-2015, 01:48 AM
One of the most profound effects of continued AAS use/abuse is reduction of HDL cholesterol.

Supplements to address this can include cocamine (or dark/bakers chocolate) resveratrol, and arguably niacin (in a recent study Niacin had a toxic effect, so this is being heavily researched atm), fibrous foods.

Hdl is still somewhat poorly understood regarding dietary effect.

I don't drink anymore, but beer raised my HDL like nothing else could. Yes, also increased my liver enzymes, but for HDL, I was surprised. Also wish there was more out here for raising this vitally important fat.

devildog
11-14-2015, 01:49 AM

Been buying NAC by the bags in bulk. After my stint with alcohol (plus using gear. I know bad...), I take it 365/days a year.

spoolin
11-14-2015, 02:03 AM

Milk Thistle seems expensive so I opted for Liv52. What's your thoughts on NAC, Liv52 and Saw Palmetto Pain? Using Liv52 over Milk Thistle?

Dick
11-14-2015, 02:09 AM
I use Nac at 1200mg , Liv 52 DS and a Vita Pack and my ALT/AST always look fine. I drink beer sometimes also and they still look fine but I even take these while cruising just lower the NAC to 600mg.

NAC 365 days a year, Liv52 365 days a year , Vitamin while cruising and Vitapack while running.

But that's just me.

devildog
11-14-2015, 02:12 AM
I use Nac at 1200mg , Liv 52 DS and a Vita Pack and my ALT/AST always look fine. I drink beer sometimes also and they still look fine but I even take these while cruising just lower the NAC to 600mg.

NAC 365 days a year, Liv52 365 days a year , Vitamin while cruising and Vitapack while running.

But that's just me.

Nice! Glad to see this!

spoolin
11-14-2015, 04:32 AM
I run 600mg of NAC while on but go off after PCT and stay on liv52 DS year round. I've heard it's not good to run NAC all the time continuously.

zatsiorsky
11-14-2015, 06:30 AM
Devildog, my docs for YEARS have been pressuring me to drink to raise my HDL. Glad to hear that it works, but still can't do it.

benlash74
11-14-2015, 10:28 AM
What is a good dose for milk thistle? I'm taking 175mg a day along with vitamin e, c, d, multi vitamin.

devildog
11-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Devildog, my docs for YEARS have been pressuring me to drink to raise my HDL. Glad to hear that it works, but still can't do it.

Doctors... One will tell you not to drink more than a beer every two weeks, and you've got one like this... Anyhow, I don't recommend it unless you can drink 1-2 beers a day, and nothing more. I wasn't able to drink just 1-2 beers... :(

zatsiorsky
11-15-2015, 04:08 AM
Doctors... One will tell you not to drink more than a beer every two weeks, and you've got one like this... Anyhow, I don't recommend it unless you can drink 1-2 beers a day, and nothing more. I wasn't able to drink just 1-2 beers... :(

Indeed, doctors are not what society has built them to be.

I can easily drink just one or two, but so not really enjoy it at that level, nor prefer alcohol to sobriety. Loved smoking pot back in the day, but am HEAVILY drug tested at the moment.

On top of this, I am a pretty heavy AAS user, and any extra stress on the liver with my AI and occasional oral AAS use is not desirable.

sgtanal
11-15-2015, 04:59 AM
Tudca + Niacin + Fish Oil is the best health supplement for people that cycle
Niacin is proven to help increase HDL-C and decrease LDL-C, it also be shown that it can decrease Triglycerides
Tudca can help reverse liver damage or maintain liver health while taking oral steroids
Fish Oil can decrease Triglycerides, increase HDL-C and decrease depression

preacher
11-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Just a healthy reminder fellas,vitamin and supplements are exempt from FDA regulation, manufacturers are legally allowed to go to market with their product without proving their purity levels,make sure to look for USP," "NSF," or "Consumer lab" certification on vitamins n supps..we take enough risks to overlook the little shit..

benlash74
11-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Just a healthy reminder fellas,vitamin and supplements are exempt from FDA regulation, manufacturers are legally allowed to go to market with their product without proving their purity levels,make sure to look for USP," "NSF," or "Consumer lab" certification on vitamins n supps..we take enough risks to overlook the little shit..

Thanks brother. Was not aware of that.

twisted
11-15-2015, 07:38 PM

This rite here informed me just as much as this thread ...thanks for thread info and this :)

Gearguy92
12-04-2015, 03:40 AM
Tons of awesome info in here, thanks brothers!!

devildog
12-04-2015, 04:45 AM

I'm actually working on something at the moment... I don't drink anymore, but when I did, I drank beer. (sounds like the commercial I know lol) When drinking, however, beer took my HDL into the stratosphere. That's the good part of beer drinking. The bad parts? How much I I've you have? Lol

devildog
12-04-2015, 04:47 AM
Indeed, doctors are not what society has built them to be.

I can easily drink just one or two, but so not really enjoy it at that level, nor prefer alcohol to sobriety. Loved smoking pot back in the day, but am HEAVILY drug tested at the moment.

On top of this, I am a pretty heavy AAS user, and any extra stress on the liver with my AI and occasional oral AAS use is not desirable.

Agreed. I don't find any alcohol consumption to work with gear use. I really do want to find out what's in beer that takes HDL up like it does.

devildog
12-04-2015, 04:49 AM
Tudca + Niacin + Fish Oil is the best health supplement for people that cycle
Niacin is proven to help increase HDL-C and decrease LDL-C, it also be shown that it can decrease Triglycerides
Tudca can help reverse liver damage or maintain liver health while taking oral steroids
Fish Oil can decrease Triglycerides, increase HDL-C and decrease depression

I reversed liver problems with tudca. Amazing stuff! Also, what brand and dose of niacin you like? I can't handle the flush with the regular stuff, and just haven't been able to get myself to try the flush free type.

zatsiorsky
12-06-2015, 02:01 AM
Agreed. I don't find any alcohol consumption to work with gear use. I really do want to find out what's in beer that takes HDL up like it does.

From what my doctors have told me in the past, and what I have read, it is sadly the alcohol.

However, I wonder about hops. They have a mildly agonizing effect on the estrogen receptor (they contain phytoestrogens), and e2 among other things elevates HDL.

I have no idea if I am on to something there or not.

devildog
12-06-2015, 05:25 PM
From what my doctors have told me in the past, and what I have read, it is sadly the alcohol.

However, I wonder about hops. They have a mildly agonizing effect on the estrogen receptor (they contain phytoestrogens), and e2 among other things elevates HDL.

I have no idea if I am on to something there or not.

Youre on to something.

Whippet
12-07-2015, 02:49 PM
I reversed liver problems with tudca. Amazing stuff! Also, what brand and dose of niacin you like? I can't handle the flush with the regular stuff, and just haven't been able to get myself to try the flush free type.
I've seen bloods of ppl that have reversed their liver values on Tudca. I run doctors best niacin flush free off i herb. Not sure of the difference, I think I've read ppl saying not to get flush free, can't remember the reasoning. Got bloods in a few weeks to see how it's working.

devildog
12-07-2015, 03:53 PM
I've seen bloods of ppl that have reversed their liver values on Tudca. I run doctors best niacin flush free off i herb. Not sure of the difference, I think I've read ppl saying not to get flush free, can't remember the reasoning. Got bloods in a few weeks to see how it's working.

Welcome!

Whippet
12-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Welcome!
Thanks mate. Been lurking for a few months. Not the most knowledgeable, just trying to learn as much as I can.