PDA

View Full Version : Torn ligaments in wrist.

grademan
11-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Was curious if anyone else's has torn ligaments in their wrist and if so did surgery help?
some lifts I just can't do and looking for ways around it I guess. Doc said surgery may work or may not. 50/50 chance and he said it's just ok fix. Thanks for any help or tips.

toppjimie
11-19-2015, 06:10 PM
I've sprained my wrist once. Couldn't do any benching or pressing movements. Took a long time to heal also. If you broke your wrist,you'll be out awhile.sorry to hear bro.

grademan
11-21-2015, 01:28 AM
Thanks topp. Had Mri done and tore ligaments in wrist. Sucks. Some moves i can not do and some that don't bother me as bad. Wrist straps help

ironjulius
11-21-2015, 01:35 AM
dang brother sorry to hear. i hope you heal up soon and try not to get to discouraged like i do when injuries occur

grademan
11-22-2015, 02:28 AM
I did get discouraged a bit in the gym today. Def can't do some moves and not as strong. But it will come back. I known I can't push it with the injury but need to learn my boundaries as I don't think i will have surgery. Thank IJ

Paradox
11-22-2015, 07:33 AM
The annoying part with wrist is you don't want to do anything to reinjure it or keep it from not healthing properly. Which means you wont be able to do a few movments and with the movements you can do you will have to be very careful about. You will need all movements involving the wrist to be very controlled. It might get annoying when upping the weight your lifting, basically it bites you in the ass if you cheat to lift the weight.

As for surgery. Before you go down that route, get the inflamation down for about a week with some sort of anti-inflamitory or nsaid. It wont start healing till the inflamation calms. Then proceed to start training while being very careful. It will be a bit of trail and error at first. Once you have perfected training to not effect it, give it 2-3 months. After that would be time to evaluate surgery if its not improved. Just make sure you get a good hand and wrist orthopaedic surgeon.

Goodluck, i just recovered from a simular injury about a month ago, though still not 100%, its easily manageable now

grademan
11-22-2015, 08:28 PM
The annoying part with wrist is you don't want to do anything to reinjure it or keep it from not healthing properly. Which means you wont be able to do a few movments and with the movements you can do you will have to be very careful about. You will need all movements involving the wrist to be very controlled. It might get annoying when upping the weight your lifting, basically it bites you in the ass if you cheat to lift the weight.

As for surgery. Before you go down that route, get the inflamation down for about a week with some sort of anti-inflamitory or nsaid. It wont start healing till the inflamation calms. Then proceed to start training while being very careful. It will be a bit of trail and error at first. Once you have perfected training to not effect it, give it 2-3 months. After that would be time to evaluate surgery if its not improved. Just make sure you get a good hand and wrist orthopaedic surgeon.

Goodluck, i just recovered from a simular injury about a month ago, though still not 100%, its easily manageable now

Thanks bro. I have taken some time off lifting trying to let it heal but I couldn't take time off work. I am working out again and taking it slowly.