PDA

View Full Version : Shin splints

Bullseye Forever
11-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Ok y'all I need some good advice,how in the heck do you treat shin splints? I've tried everything under the sun...still I cannot control them,15 min in to just about every cardio session,I havet to quit cause I can hardly walk...please advise

kawa636
11-20-2015, 09:17 PM
are u on cycle? if so wat r u on bro? wen i ran tren i had the same problem.soon as i got off n cruised for a bit was able to run again

Bullseye Forever
11-20-2015, 09:18 PM
are u on cycle? if so wat r u on bro? wen i ran tren i had the same problem.soon as i got off n cruised for a bit was able to run again

No man not on just TRT atm.

wook
11-20-2015, 09:20 PM
I call it shin pumps... Probably the same thing your experiencing... Can't do anything but stop what your doing and rub them down... Very painful though... Definitely gear related

Bullseye Forever
11-20-2015, 09:23 PM
I call it shin pumps... Probably the same thing your experiencing... Can't do anything but stop what your doing and rub them down... Very painful though... Definitely gear related
How so if I'm just on regular TRT?

wook
11-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Maybe it's from the Test...? Try pulling the padding from your sneakers so there is no arch... I've heard that helps, but I haven't tried it... I don't usually experience the the same pain when I'm cruising, so maybe you have a real injury that needs looked at??? I'm not sure, but your symptoms sound similar to what I get while blasting! Extreme soreness in the outer and upper shin area, right?

Bullseye Forever
11-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Maybe it's from the Test...? Try pulling the padding from your sneakers so there is no arch... I've heard that helps, but I haven't tried it... I don't usually experience the the same pain when I'm cruising, so maybe you have a real injury that needs looked at??? I'm not sure, but your symptoms sound similar to what I get while blasting! Extreme soreness in the outer and upper shin area, right?
Yea exactly lol!! About 15 min in...hell i can't hardly get off the treadmill

wook
11-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Yep it sucks... But try the shoe thing and see if it helps... Good luck!

Paradox
11-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Only thing thats ever helped me was changing my every day shoes.

Other than that ive some herbal guy once told me 'confrey root' wet and put on the shin may help.

Bullseye Forever
11-20-2015, 09:50 PM
I've got shoes specially for walking

Paradox
11-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Are they well paded. I had sprinting shoes that caused the trouble for me. They were the "barefoot" type but due to the forces they don't absorb that energy was being transferred to my shins causing all the trouble. They were the last suspect till someone else pointed it out, so just in case im passing on the info

Bullseye Forever
11-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Are they well paded. I had sprinting shoes that caused the trouble for me. They were the "barefoot" type but due to the forces they don't absorb that energy was being transferred to my shins causing all the trouble. They were the last suspect till someone else pointed it out, so just in case im passing on the info
Yea the shoes definitely help sometimes,and when I don't wear them,it hurts really fast

kawa636
11-21-2015, 12:08 AM
Only thing thats ever helped me was changing my every day shoes.

Other than that ive some herbal guy once told me 'confrey root' wet and put on the shin may help.

i tried this, evdn bought 2 pair of different shoes... didnt work.. wat did work was takin pain & ache before running then rub sum icey hot on it and i barely made it to the 2mile marker wen everything starts wearin off....its painful, i can definitely relate

Bullseye Forever
11-21-2015, 03:16 AM
Went and got me a better pair of shoes tonight!!

Mountain-Man
12-03-2015, 01:12 AM
Ok y'all I need some good advice,how in the heck do you treat shin splints? I've tried everything under the sun...still I cannot control them,15 min in to just about every cardio session,I havet to quit cause I can hardly walk...please advise
Got them from when I was a fire fighter it's from running or heavy weight on ur shin muscles tearing from the shin bone all that u can do is rest ur legs for a few weeks and wrap ur shins tight threw the day. It sucks they made me do push ups and leg flutters till everyone else finished running

Bullseye Forever
12-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Got them from when I was a fire fighter it's from running or heavy weight on ur shin muscles tearing from the shin bone all that u can do is rest ur legs for a few weeks and wrap ur shins tight threw the day. It sucks they made me do push ups and leg flutters till everyone else finished running

I take it day at a time now,some days I can do cardio,some days I can't

Dynamicgains
12-03-2015, 01:58 AM
Shin splint or a muscle cramp? Are you on gear? I get this on things like anavar, mk677, halotestin and things that get that pump moving. Taurine takes care of it though.

If it's like a true shin splint try some different shoes. A lot of it comes down to the support. Free runs and chucks give me wicked shin splints lol.

Bullseye Forever
12-03-2015, 02:42 AM
Shin splint or a muscle cramp? Are you on gear? I get this on things like anavar, mk677, halotestin and things that get that pump moving. Taurine takes care of it though.

If it's like a true shin splint try some different shoes. A lot of it comes down to the support. Free runs and chucks give me wicked shin splints lol.got new shoes,seems to be helping a bit

Thappy
12-03-2015, 03:32 AM
I have tried taurine, potassium, 2 pairs of new shoes and still cant fix it. Usually happens after about 5 weeks of tren to me but seem to be getting it on trt now.

It has to be some deficiency of something. Or muscle pumps? Or even low estrogen could be a possibility

Bullseye Forever
12-03-2015, 03:35 AM
I have tried taurine, potassium, 2 pairs of new shoes and still cant fix it. Usually happens after about 5 weeks of tren to me but seem to be getting it on trt now.

It has to be some deficiency of something. Or muscle pumps? Or even low estrogen could be a possibility

Man I don't know what it is,shoes,mustard,prune juice etc...banana lol!! All I know it's hell

Thappy
12-03-2015, 03:42 AM
Man I don't know what it is,shoes,mustard,prune juice etc...banana lol!! All I know it's hell

Yeah worst thing ever! Id rather eat more and do cardio but now its minimal cardio and watching what i put in my mouth.

The worst thing is i used to be able to stop it by dropping tren or winny now i dont touch that stuff and its the worst they have been. I could just be getting old....

Bullseye Forever
12-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Yeah worst thing ever! Id rather eat more and do cardio but now its minimal cardio and watching what i put in my mouth.

The worst thing is i used to be able to stop it by dropping tren or winny now i dont touch that stuff and its the worst they have been. I could just be getting old....

Well only gear I ever use,when I do use is Masteron,NPP and test that's it I don't cycle like used to

MaxMark
12-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Im flat footed, had shin splints my entire life, but on cycle it can more intense. Ive gotten used to it, it should fade each day (a little at a time) while on cycle if you do cardio everday when it becomes to intense drop it down speed down to a walk tell it is bearable. You can also just switch to the elliptical, lower impact cardio helps a lot in this area.

Also a high dose of taurine 1g a day should help significantly

kawa636
12-04-2015, 04:04 PM

bro if ur still havin that problem, try rubbin sum of this on ur shins before running. spread it real good

u can buy it at walmart, $7bro.hope this helps. its not the shoes tho g
trust me man.

Bullseye Forever
12-09-2015, 08:51 AM
bro if ur still havin that problem, try rubbin sum of this on ur shins before running. spread it real good

http://brotherhoodofpain.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5998&stc=1
u can buy it at walmart, $7bro.hope this helps. its not the shoes tho g
trust me man.thanks bro will definitely do this

Memphis
12-10-2015, 01:58 AM
What causes shin splints?

Doing too much too soon. Often people with a lot of enthusiasm start an exercise program too aggressively. It is important to gradually progress in your running or conditioning program, allowing for adequate rest between workouts.
Increasing the intensity or duration of your workouts. Overuse syndrome typically occurs when someone does too much and continually strains the muscles of the lower leg. Increasing your distance or intensity by more than 10% per week would make you a prime candidate for shin splints—especially if you don't cross-train to diversity your program.
Your shoes. Quality running and cross-training shoes are designed to give the best anatomical support. If your shoes are broken down or old—even when the soles or top appear fine—then they have lost their ability to control the rotation of your foot and absorb shock. This "breakdown" usually occurs after 400-500 miles of wear.
The surfaces on which you exercise. Hard surfaces can cause and aggravate shin splints. The optimal surface for running and aerobics should absorb shock, such as an all-purpose track or grassy surface.
High impact exercise. Running sprints, running uphill, jumping, and repetitive impact exercises can all cause shin splints.
Your anatomy. Fallen arches (flat feet), knocked or internally rotated knees, very high arches and over rotation of the foot are all prime causes of shin splints. An orthopedic physician, athletic trainer, or physical therapist can help identify mechanical problems and may prescribe orthotics (custom shoe inserts) as well as strengthening and stretching exercises.

How can I ease the pain of shin splints?
A combination of these three approaches will usually help most people recover from shin splints and experience less pain:

1. Active Rest is the first mode of treatment for all types of shin splints. "Active rest" does not mean you must stop running or exercising. Many people make the mistake of not exercising for many weeks and then attempting the same distances that got them into trouble the first time. Rather, rest should be active to relieve stress on painful areas, yet maintain your conditioning. Completely stopping activities may give temporary relief, but injuries are likely to resurface with resumed activity, especially if you are trying to make up for lost time.
Active rest activities include low-impact exercises like the elliptical trainer, stationary cycling, and swimming. Try any activity that doesn't involve the same muscles as running, and that doesn't require repetitive impact on hard surfaces. “Water running” is another effective way to rehab these injuries: Use a flotation device and run in the deep end of a pool. You can move to the shallow end, running on the bottom, as your pain begins to improve.

Remember, the human body is truly remarkable in its ability to adapt, BUT it prefers to adapt to gradual changes over time. With slow, steady progress, your muscles, tendons and other soft tissues will better adapt to the stresses you are asking of it.

2. Ice can be very helpful during the acute phases of your pain. This is especially true if your shin splints are accompanied by redness, localized tenderness, or swelling. Try an ice massage by holding an ice cube in a washcloth and rubbing the swollen, sore area for 10 to 15 minutes. Another trick of the trade is to use a bag of frozen vegetables.

Remember not to exceed 10 to 15 minutes each time you ice, and always wrap ice cubes, frozen veggies, and store-bought gel ice in a towel or washcloth to avoid burns and frostbite. You can repeat icing every few hours as needed.

3. Stretching and strengthening the calf muscles can help prevent and treat shin splints. Here are some stretches that will target this area. (Hold each stretch for 10-15 seconds, repeating 2-3 times.)

Calf stretch: Step forward into a half lunge, toes pointing forward. Your forward leg should be bent and the back leg should be straight. Stretch the calf of your back leg by pressing your heel down toward the floor, keeping the forward leg bent and stationary. You should feel a stretch in the calf of your back leg. Repeat on opposite side.
Hamstring stretch: Begin by standing upright, feet under hips, toes pointed forward. Place the heel of your right forward so that your toes point upward. Keep your back leg slightly bent and abs tight to help with balance. Place your hands on your front thigh. Keeping torso straight, bend over from the waist, lowering your upper body towards your extended leg until you feel a stretch in the hamstring of your front leg. Repeat on opposite side.

Remember, these are general guidelines for the self-treatment of shin splints. The underlying problem is that your body is unable to cope with the stress of exercise that you are placing on it. Be patient; it will take time—sometimes weeks or months—to resolve. Never attempt to train through the pain, and always stop when your body tells you to. If you are not improving with this home treatment, if you worsen significantly, or if the pain becomes a continuous discomfort (even at rest), revisit your health care provider.

Bullseye Forever
12-10-2015, 02:18 AM
Thanks excellent read!!

Memphis
12-10-2015, 03:25 AM
Anytime bud!

Bullseye Forever
12-10-2015, 03:45 AM
Anytime bud!

Guess instead of hour long cardio sessions everyday I should slack off and do 30 min at a time