PDA

View Full Version : Muscle loss

milleniumgirl
12-07-2015, 02:50 AM
I have been taking a break from they gym because of a few injuries. I played lots of tennis and did cardio every day. What worries me is all my muscles are gone, my arms are soft and skinny. I don't know what to do .....

kubes
12-07-2015, 02:55 AM
How's your nutrition been?

milleniumgirl
12-07-2015, 04:23 PM
How's your nutrition been?
My diet sucks. I'm a former anorexic and eating is a struggle ....

LittleTom
12-07-2015, 09:46 PM
I takes a while for muscle to completely break down and go away. Not sure long you have been inactive for but like kubes eluded to, if your nutrition is on point it should take awhile for your gains to just disappear. I know when I had hernia surgery sure felt like I was wasteing away but in reality I was not. Sure that nice hard pumped look from regular workouts was gone but that's to be expected. I bet it's more mental than anything.

milleniumgirl
12-08-2015, 03:47 AM
It's not a mental thing here. My arms are super skinny and soft as if there was no muscle at all anymore. My traps that used to be big are gone. Only my legs seem to be OK because I ride my bike almost every day.

auswest
12-08-2015, 05:32 AM
If your nutrition sucks and youre doing alot phisical actuvity youre going to lose muscle, your body needs fuel to carry out its daily activities. If youre not feeding it, is going to look at stored reources

milleniumgirl
12-08-2015, 03:39 PM
If your nutrition sucks and youre doing alot phisical actuvity youre going to lose muscle, your body needs fuel to carry out its daily activities. If youre not feeding it, is going to look at stored reources
What if I stick to protein dense foods? How much do I really need? (I'm 5ft7 and 138lbs).