PDA

View Full Version : Filtering?

enrod
12-15-2015, 06:21 PM
What are you guys using to filter? I tried zap caps recently and had an issue with the cap holding pressure - the little white cone nozzle that the pump connects to came loose, and let out the pressure. Ran through two filters on 200mL.

Should I just bite the bullet and get a glass filtration system? I have the Pyrex receiver, but the plastic filter tops are a bitch as well. What do you guys use?

1tuffcookie
12-16-2015, 12:12 AM
I use the glass and swear by it. I can run the pressure up to 18-20. and the product always comes through crystal clear.

enrod
12-16-2015, 04:28 AM
I use the glass and swear by it. I can run the pressure up to 18-20. and the product always comes through crystal clear.

Thanks for the response bro. Can you recommend a brand that you've had luck with?

nolimitz
01-01-2016, 06:15 AM
I'm going to switch over to glass ware soon. I just need to fix my oven so I can sterilize the media bottle. Disposable bottletop filters keep breaking on me. I just wasted 4 filters trying to brew two things. The eq I filtered took a long time as well. From what I've read whatman zap caps with a glass media bottle are very good.

mikeleo
01-02-2016, 11:23 PM
what kind of glass do you guys use and any links on where to get it?

Thanks for all the info!

enrod
01-02-2016, 11:34 PM
I'm going to switch over to glass ware soon. I just need to fix my oven so I can sterilize the media bottle. Disposable bottletop filters keep breaking on me. I just wasted 4 filters trying to brew two things. The eq I filtered took a long time as well. From what I've read whatman zap caps with a glass media bottle are very good.

I was using zap caps and had the same issue you just mentioned. That's why I'm thinking a glass bottletop filler and receiver would be ideal.

what kind of glass do you guys use and any links on where to get it?

Thanks for all the info!

Someone recommended sigma-aldrich in the past for the glassware, but it's not the easiest to find your way around.

1tuffcookie
01-03-2016, 07:22 PM
you can find them easily on eBay from China may take a few weeks to get to you but they're good. just make sure you get good filters for it and you should be gtg