PDA

View Full Version : Training Frequency?

Hyde
12-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, quick discussion question -- If you have a lagging body part, how often should you, and CAN you train that certain body part per week while on cycle?

"Celebrity" lifters like Rich Piana (lol) and Artemus Dolgin seem to believe that overtraining while on cycle can be very hard to achieve and that people can hit body parts 2-3x a week. Thoughts on this?

Side note -- I know that every person recovers differently, so lets say - how often can the average steroid user train a lagging body part per week with optimal training, diet, and recovery time.

Thanks guys,
Hyde

enasni
12-30-2015, 08:56 PM
I think you can easily do 3x per week. Tho I wouldn't expect the most growth during that time. I find if I do 4-6 weeks like that, then go hit style for 2- 3 weeks or so, the growth is better. Kinda depends on the body part for me too.

kawa636
12-30-2015, 09:02 PM
i hit legs (my weak spot/slow to grow) 2x aw... i dunno about hitting a body part anymore then that, due to it needs time to rebuild n grow... imo.a coach once told me if u train same body part every other day all its doin is breaking down and not enough time givin for it to heal and grow/repair.. so ive gone by that method since.

then again everybodys different brother.try it and go with wat works best for u.

Vision
12-30-2015, 09:47 PM
You'll hear so many conflicting opinions about this... My suggestions, you can train the same part 2 x , no more then that...If you need more then that, then chances are your intensity is lacking...
Rich Piana is a toolbag, and he needs to stop advocating that there is no such thing as over training.. It can cause serous health issues... You think Im joking?

I just got out of the hosp for a week stint because I had "Rhabdomyolysis"... read about it... its real and it can happen from over training.. Don't think it cant, because it just happened to me, I have proof from the hosp..1 full week.. its why I wasn't on here 2 weeks ago!

increase your volume and intensity, drink tons of fluid, revamp your training regimen every 8-10 weeks, and meet your macro's daily

Paradox
12-30-2015, 10:30 PM
Depends on volume and intensity. If you're going just one exercise 4 sets for say 10. You could do it 3-4 times per week. The more exercises you throw in and heavier you go the less per week you can do it. But 2x per week is definitely achievable even off cycle, just have one of the workouts be less intense. That said you are specifically asking about on cycle. Id say 2-3 times easy. But also have a look at your training protocol's to ensure you are training efficiently to achieve your goals

Vision
12-30-2015, 11:02 PM
Depends on volume and intensity. If you're going just one exercise 4 sets for say 10. You could do it 3-4 times per week. The more exercises you throw in and heavier you go the less per week you can do it. But 2x per week is definitely achievable even off cycle, just have one of the workouts be less intense. That said you are specifically asking about on cycle. Id say 2-3 times easy. But also have a look at your training protocol's to ensure you are training efficiently to achieve your goals

exactly, protocol may not be designed properly for that individual, and revamping may need to be done!

monster-ish
12-30-2015, 11:19 PM
I train each group of muscles 2x a week no problem. But trying to go beyond that I would think your body wouldnt have a chance to completely recoup probably resulting in overtraining

Hyde
12-31-2015, 10:49 PM
Great replies fellas, I totally agree, I train the parts I want to bring up 2x a week, although it can be different for everybody. Intensity, diet, sleep, and water consumption play a huge role in frequency both while on and off cycle.