PDA

View Full Version : When to have bloods during cycle

justlikemusic
01-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Well I did a search, and read a few sticky articles regarding bloodwork, but I couldn't find suggestions to when to actually have blood tests done before/during/after a cycle. I think it would be interesting to know my actual testosterone levels pre-cycle so I will probably try and get some bloods pre-cycle, however would it only really be needed maybe twice during the cycle? (I mean obviously more is better, but the tests cost money through private labs!)

So for my cycle which I will begin today of Test E 583mg/Deca 233mg week - would I have bloods after 5 weeks at the beginning of week 6 to make sure the compounds are working and are at a suitable level, and that my estrogen control plan is working? Until then I'd obviously be using nipple detection which isn't a good method. Then perhaps a month later at the beginning of week 10 test again to make sure everything is still on track?

Then say I run this cycle for 12 weeks, would I test 4 weeks after cycle, or after my two weeks PCT?

I am interested in running 875mg then 729mg a week of test for the first two weeks for a bit of frontload, but I don't want boobs so the estrogen control has to be on point and monitored properly. The Deca is only being used because I've had two knee operations last year and have some niggling problems with my shoulder rotator cuffs which affect me on the bench (I don't bench much anymore because of this).

kubes
01-07-2016, 02:11 AM
You need to run labs before your cycle to get baseline numbers. Plan your cycle with the correct ancillaries and run labs mid way then you can adjust your ancillaries. Finally run labs 6-8 weeks after pct to determine how close you are to the baseline numbers

justlikemusic
01-07-2016, 02:54 AM
I've just booked in to the docs now to test my thyroid and test levels... I have been trying to lose weight so my first bloods might be free!

kubes
01-07-2016, 02:55 AM
I've just booked in to the docs now to test my thyroid and test levels... I have been trying to lose weight so my first bloods might be free!

That sure would be nice

justlikemusic
01-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Thanks kubes, I had my bloods yesterday and today got most of the results back! All bulk billed through public health, gotta love that. Anyway I'll have to private lab the next set =)

I'll run bloods again after 5 weeks of being on which will be at the beginning of week 6. That should give me a good idea of my test levels/estrogen control.
Perhaps it would be good to do them at the end of week 10 also? Just to double check that Estrogen and any other sides/personal health is all in control?

kubes
01-08-2016, 03:44 PM
I think week 5 is fine. I don't think week 10 is really needed as you will be ending the cycle soon. No hurt to it but the post pct labs will be important to see if you have recovered. Just remember the real recovery starts after pct is finished so wait 4-6 week to run labs after pct is finished

PAiN
01-08-2016, 08:08 PM
I think week 5 is fine. I don't think week 10 is really needed as you will be ending the cycle soon. No hurt to it but the post pct labs will be important to see if you have recovered. Just remember the real recovery starts after pct is finished so wait 4-6 week to run labs after pct is finished

^^^This. If you are ending week 12 and everything is going as planned not much point in testing at week 10, but No harm in doing it. The more you can get bloods the better. I know some people who get them atleast once a month.

cybrsage
01-14-2016, 07:39 PM
If you are in the US, and not living in a nanny state that says you cannot eat salt or big gulps, you can buy your blood tests for very cheap from privatemdlabs.com. Make sure to sign up for their newsletter first, they will send you a 15% off coupon code if you do. Buy the Hormone Panel for Women (it is good for men too). It will give you a CBC, check your glucose, check your HPTA axis and testosterone level, AND give you basic E2 level. ANd if you use the coupon code, it is only about $58.

cybrsage
01-23-2016, 08:24 AM
I should have also added, if you want to know your total testosterone level and you are sure it is above 1200, then go to LabsMD - Simple and Secure Lab Tests Online (http://www.labsmd.com/) and get their hormone panel for females test. It is about $78 but it has no top end on testosterone level reporting.

Boombalaty
01-30-2017, 08:20 PM
So would this tell me everything I need to know if I wanted to include checking my cholesterol? Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online (http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tests.php?view=search_results&show=2569&category=14&search=hormone%20panel%20with%20lipids#2569)

Jimbob
05-03-2017, 12:22 AM
So could one just go to there doc and ask for there blood work to be done ..because i think that I might of fallen on a needle with illegal drugs?? I had bloods done a few weeks ago. Would like to no were things are at..it would be great if my personal doctor would do this..or am I dreaming and don't even ask.
Im sure they will no why I'm after more bloods
lmk

BOGNERrocker2
05-06-2017, 03:30 PM
So could one just go to there doc and ask for there blood work to be done ..because i think that I might of fallen on a needle with illegal drugs?? I had bloods done a few weeks ago. Would like to no were things are at..it would be great if my personal doctor would do this..or am I dreaming and don't even ask.
Im sure they will no why I'm after more bloods
lmk

Wondering the same it'd be cheaper... but I've only used 3rd party labs listed above.

But ya wonder if we could just get this shit done through our insurance and what test to ask for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dondraper
05-06-2017, 03:56 PM
use "
Healthy12" for 12% off on the order

BOGNERrocker2
05-06-2017, 03:58 PM
use "
Healthy12" for 12% off on the order

For LabsMD???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dondraper
05-06-2017, 04:27 PM
yes sir !

Plate Smacker
05-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Is there an all in one that also gives liver levels, lipids, ect..?

Steel Beast
05-08-2017, 09:10 PM
I have united health care for insurance they pay for two full wellness checks a year and if the doc puts you on trt they do full blood panels every month

Oldskool
08-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Well I did a search, and read a few sticky articles regarding bloodwork, but I couldn't find suggestions to when to actually have blood tests done before/during/after a cycle. I think it would be interesting to know my actual testosterone levels pre-cycle so I will probably try and get some bloods pre-cycle, however would it only really be needed maybe twice during the cycle? (I mean obviously more is better, but the tests cost money through private labs!)

So for my cycle which I will begin today of Test E 583mg/Deca 233mg week - would I have bloods after 5 weeks at the beginning of week 6 to make sure the compounds are working and are at a suitable level, and that my estrogen control plan is working? Until then I'd obviously be using nipple detection which isn't a good method. Then perhaps a month later at the beginning of week 10 test again to make sure everything is still on track?

Then say I run this cycle for 12 weeks, would I test 4 weeks after cycle, or after my two weeks PCT?

I am interested in running 875mg then 729mg a week of test for the first two weeks for a bit of frontload, but I don't want boobs so the estrogen control has to be on point and monitored properly. The Deca is only being used because I've had two knee operations last year and have some niggling problems with my shoulder rotator cuffs which affect me on the bench (I don't bench much anymore because of this).Ive got the same rotator cuff issues that has nearly stopped my bench work outs ( i stick to machines mostly now)

How has the deca worked for u in that area? Is there a particular dosage or length of cycle etc that you find to be most effective for this issue?

Ive taken deca in 2 cycles in the past and was pleased with the relief it provided but it didn't get rid of all the pain and if course immediately after the cycle is over its back to the house of pain.

Ive stuck to runnkng the deca at half of whatever the test is at. For example if i run 800mg test ill run 400mg deca. Ik some guys run them at the same mg but i try to limit what i take as much as possible for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brock74
02-25-2019, 02:21 AM
Makes sense

Swag
03-14-2019, 05:39 PM
Great info.

blacksquatch
05-02-2019, 05:10 AM
Before cycle, mid cycle, and 2 months after PCT is my protocol i follow.

BigTonetheGuido
01-05-2021, 05:18 AM
My doctor gets away with billing my bloods through insuranve because onenof my prescritions can reduce test levels. She just tells them im lethargic, depressed, low sex drive. Bam, free bloods. I can only use it like 4 times a year. But 4 free hormone screens is better than four paid ones....

rocknroll
05-01-2022, 12:10 AM
When you have bloods done do you just go through a labcorp type place and request a certain test?