PDA

View Full Version : PCT before TRT?

SC
01-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Good morning to the brethren.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and after reviewing my labs and having a great discussion, he recommended running 100mg/week of test C to see where that puts me. I informed him that I had made the decision to run a supra-therapeutic cycle and was 2 weeks into a 12 week cycle of 500mg/week Test E with 50 mg Proviron daily (log is in training topic for further details.) He was very open and supportive about the decision, (he did say "wow! That's a lot of test!" I left that as it was) though he did recommend cutting the Nolva (20mg/day) out. I told him I would prefer to run it to prevent any estrogen issues, and we can look at the labs to see how effective the dosage is and then make a decision from there. He seemed cool with that. He wants to see how my body is responding to the dosage I'm running and ordered labs to be drawn in week four.

Now, my big question for the brotherhood-
What is the appropriate way to come off-cycle if going into TRT? Do I still run PCT as planned? Or just cut that out completely and taper down to the TRT dose?

Thanks in advance.

bulk_cut
01-12-2016, 05:40 PM
There is no PCT when you're on TRT and you don't taper down you just go from injecting 500mg to injecting 100mg. BTW your Dr is correct and there is no need to use the Nolvadex because it does NOT help lower estrogen, it only keeps estrogen from binding to certain sites and in most cases will allow estrogen to continue to build in you. If your Dr was that open then you should really should have asked him to prescribe you 25mg of AROMASIN/day.

SC
01-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Awesome. No taper, no pct, and go right to TRT dose. Noted.

It seemed the opposition to Nolva from the doctor was more the source of the product, rather than its effectiveness. Looks like I have more research to do on Nolva and its uses. I was under the impression that for a relatively "light" cycle like the one I'm currently running the Nolva would be acceptable to help prevent estrogen-related sides, but not stop estrogen production completely. (Using ANABOLICS as primary source for research and information) Have I been misdirected?

Thanks again for the help. Very new to this.

bulk_cut
01-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Nolvadex can help with estrogen related sides but it does NOT lower estrogen and can in fact end up raising your estrogen and in turn cause estrogen rebound. The best thing is to use is an AI - preferably Aromasin!!

JB ROBO
01-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Nolvadex is a serm... it's going to prevent estrogen from binding to estrogen receptors. It's not the appropriate thing to use for on cycle at all.
You need an aromitasr inhibitor. Arimidex, letro or aromasin. But go aromasin and here is why.

Aromasin is a type 1 suicidal inhibitor. Unlike it's friends I mentiined, it will actually bind to the molecule it self a terminate it before it has a chance to cause any problems. This is ideal because there won't be a rebound effect.
Other things to note are aromasin does not negatively impact cholesterol levels like the others do.
It's estrogen managment is not as harsh as letro or adex so you have less of a chance to crash your shit.
Low estrogen is just as bad as high estrogen...
Aromasin is also shown to improve bone density.

Nolvadex was an old school option when there was nothing else available. It's been found to somewhat negate igf levels. Wich is good enough reason alone to avoid it.

Keep one thing in mind. Estrogen isn't the devil and not necessarily your enemy. It's about estrogen regulation not obliteration.

SC
01-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Sheesus... So much information out there to filter through.

SC
01-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Keep one thing in mind. Estrogen isn't the devil and not necessarily your enemy. It's about estrogen regulation not obliteration.

That's one thing that has been consistent in all of this-estrogen management is needed, not elimination.

Thanks for the info. Going to look into the aromasin.

Thappy
01-12-2016, 08:58 PM
if your dr is going to give you test i see no harm in asking for an anti estrogen. Im sure he will oblige

SC
01-12-2016, 09:36 PM
Just got word back from doc. It seems he's really into the natural stuff. He doesn't think the aromasin is any better than Nolva and suggested getting OTC chrysin.

I guess it's not so bad, as I can get the aromasin from a source. Legit aromasin from the pharmacy is $$$$!!!

monster-ish
01-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Most ppl won't need an ai with such a low dose of test. But everyone is different so u may need it. Aromasin 12.5mg eod should do the trick. See how u feel u may not need an ai at all

SC
01-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Alright. I'm certainly not disregarding any of the information that has been presented, as I have much to learn from the members of this fantastic forum. That said, what does everyone think of this:

Since I've been using the Nolva from the beginning, and with the docs request of blood being drawn next week (I was going to wait until I was halfway through the cycle, but insurance pays for it this way. This will be drawn right before the sixth pin of 250) to see how my body is responding to this dosage, what about keeping everything as-is until labs come back? Analyze the information and make a decision as to how to proceed. I'm now genuinely curious...

SC
02-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Update on the estrogen levels with current cycle:
500 mg test e/week
50 mg Proviron daily
20 mg Nolva daily

Test serum and free test were both above their testing range. Estrogen was 86.1 with a reference range of 7.6-42. I'll be dropping the Nolva and swapping to aromasin or letro and I'll get labs again here in a few weeks, check out the difference.

Side note-while the E2 is high (at least that seems high to me. Not sure what is considered acceptable while on blast) I'm not seeing any of the side effects associated with elevated estrogen.