PDA

View Full Version : Power pressure cooker

bdad
02-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Anyone by chance tried one of these?? Its a pressure cooker with a digital timer with preset cooking times for different types of food. The thing that has my interest is how quick this thing in SUPPOSED to cook.

PAiN
02-06-2016, 05:10 AM
I've been wanting one of these as well. Damn late night infomercials lol

Anyone have some info on a good one? I know the old ones worked well not sure about any of the new ones.

bdad
02-06-2016, 01:24 PM
I've been wanting one of these as well. Damn late night infomercials lol

Anyone have some info on a good one? I know the old ones worked well not sure about any of the new ones.

Exactly, the infomercials almost make it sound to good to be true.

Paradox
02-06-2016, 02:24 PM
I don't have one, but a friend swears by them. Makes meat as if its been slowly roasted all day within the hour. All in the pressure apparently.

NightHawkDC2
01-09-2017, 12:40 PM
I don't have one, but a friend swears by them. Makes meat as if its been slowly roasted all day within the hour. All in the pressure apparently.

The higher pressure = higher temperature steam = quicker cooking time

I have the INSTANTPOT. I LOVE that thing. The other day, I cooked 2 separate 3+lb bottom round roasts in a few hours (Cooked one, then seasoned the other differently and cooked it).

I've cooked quite a few chicken breast recipes that were meant for the crockpot in it and cooked them in ~1 hr. It cooks rice in like 15 min. I never use my crockpot, anymore.

One thing I cook a lot of is Dirty Rice (Zatarains). It's got a saute function where you can brown the meat, then toss everything else in & cook with pressure. Like I said, it cooks rice in 15 min. Still figuring out what all this thing can do. I feel it was definitely worth the $100 or so it cost.

sfu7274456
03-21-2017, 07:14 PM
If you can get yourself a pressure cooker, get one they are the bomb. Everything cooks faster and is moister. I throw 5lbs of chicken with picante sauce into the crockpot, crank it to high and come back in an hour and I have fall apart moist chicken. Cook a Pot roast for the family in an hour. Mashed Potatoes in 30 mins. I use the crap out of mine for myself and the family. Thinking of getting a second one.

benlash74
03-21-2017, 07:22 PM
I got one of the old style ones. They are probably not much different. More electronic shit to fail over time. I use mine all the time. Best thing I ever bought. Meal prepping is super easy.
Still don't compare to the taste of a good ol BBQ though.

the_Northman1522
03-21-2017, 10:53 PM
I have a fancy one, can't remember the name. They are awesome. Think we paid 199. Off amazon during cyber Monday. Best investment ever.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Turbo306
03-21-2017, 11:11 PM
Cuisinart(R) Electric Pressure Cooker (https://www.costco.com/Cuisinart®-Electric-Pressure-Cooker.product.11492863.html)

I need this shit in my life

cajun504
03-22-2017, 12:20 AM
That fucking infomercial has had my attention for weeks. Looks too good to be true

NightHawkDC2
03-22-2017, 04:23 AM
That fucking infomercial has had my attention for weeks. Looks too good to be true

Cooks a 3-5 lb bottom round roast to a good med rare in ~45min. Chicken takes a little longer. I also like the fact that it does the job of a few other appliances (crockpot, rice cooker to name a couple). If you want to saute something, you can do it in it w/ a saute fxn. If you lived in a dorm, they could probably cook 90% of their meals with the thing.