PDA

View Full Version : Snap-8 peptide for wrinkles

Buddhayoyo
02-18-2016, 07:42 PM
Recently I was looking into Botox and I found out about this peptide, I barely can find any info and there was a good article in another board but unfortunately the member was banned when I asked about it
if anybody can find a good article or share any experience with Snap-8 I appreciate it.

SearingHigh
06-19-2016, 01:24 PM
I would stick to Botonium which has been researched

cybrsage
06-21-2016, 06:58 PM
This is what I have found about it. The bolded part in red is how it works. Basically, it works like Botox but does not paralyze the muscles nearly as much. This means it is not as powerful in removing lines, but you can still move the muscles. It is also a topical and not an injection. SNAP-8 is its brand name. It is large as peptides go (an octopeptide) and its full name is Synaptososomal-associated protein 25.
SNAP-8 Cosmetic PeptideSequence: Acetyl-Glu-Glu-Met-Gln-Arg-Arg-Ala-Asp-NH2
Molecular formula: C41H70N16O16S
Molecular weight: 1075.16

SNAP-8 is a mimic of the N-terminal end of SNAP-25 which competes with SNAP-25 for a position in the SNARE complex, thereby modulating its formation. If the SNARE complex is slightly destabilized, the vesicle can not release neurotransmitters efficiently and therefore muscle contraction is attenuated, preventing the formation of lines and wrinkles
The Benefits of SNAP-8- Reduces the depth of wrinkles on the face caused by the contraction of muscles of facial expression, especially in the forehead and around the eyes.
- A safer, cheaper, and milder alternative to Botulinum Toxin, topically targeting the same wrinkle-formation mechanism in a very different way.
- Has been incorporated in cosmetic formulations such as emulsions, gels, sera, etc., where removal of the deep lines or wrinkles in the forehead or around the eyes area is desired.
SNAP-8 Solution INCI name: Water, Acetyl Glutamyl Heptapeptide-1
Appearance: Transparent solution
Contents: 0.05 % SNAP-8 Powder
Preservative: 0.3 % Phenonip
The synthesis of SNAP-8 involves a final freeze-drying step. Freeze-dried products are commonly obtained as a polymorphous crystalline powder, which means that locally some aggregates and differences in crystal size may appear. This polymorphism is not associated to chemical differences and extensive work performed by the analytical department has ensured the homogeneity of the product. SNAP-8 is presented either as SNAP-8 Powder, an octapeptide in powder form which can be easily dissolved in water, or as SNAP-8 Solution, an aqueous solution containing 0.5 g/L of the powder version. It can be incorporated at the final stage of the manufacturing product, provided the temperature is below 40 degrees Celsius. Taking into consideration the concentration of peptide in SNAP-8 Solution, it is recommended that 3 to 10% of the solution is present in the final formulation in order to obtain significant anti-wrinkle activity.

cybrsage
06-21-2016, 07:00 PM
And More:

SNAP-8 and SNAP-25According to scientific study that has been conducted on animal test subjects, it has been determined that SNAP-8 works in relation to the protein SNAP-25. Also known as Synaptosomal-associated protein 25, SNAP-25 is what is known as a t-SNARE protein. T-Snares are part of a large protein superfamily containing more than 60 members; in this case, it is proposed to account for the specificity of membrane fusion and to specifically carry out fusion by forming a tight complex that joins the synaptic vesicle and plasma membranes together.
Specifically, SNAP-25 is a membrane bound protein that is connected to the cytosolic face of membranes through the palmoitoyl side chains in the middle of the molecule. In other words, it the protein forms a covalent bond within the cell through its liquid matrix. It works to block P/Q and L-type voltage-gated calcium channels, which are groups of ion channels that possess permeability to the calcium ion Ca2+. The activation of these channels allows the ion to rush inside of the cell, which could produce various results depending on the cell type.
Some of the results include:

The activation of calcium-sensitive potassium channels
Excitation of neurons
A boost in the regulation of gene expression
The release of hormones
The release of neurotransmitters
Muscular contraction

In the case of muscles, SNAP-25’s ability to regulate muscular contraction through the activation of the Ca2+ ion allows animal test subjects to experience a level of homeostasis in terms of muscular contraction and ultimately muscular performance.
The downside to SNAP-25 is that when it becomes destabilized in the slightest, the cellular unit cannot release the proper neurotransmitters that would properly signal the activation of muscular contraction. As a result of this, the consistent level of muscular contraction is disrupted. When this degradation of performance occurs, the muscles respond by forming lines and wrinkles within animal test subjects. Scientific study that has been conducted on animal test subjects has noted that this physical reaction to the degradation is most prominent around the eyes and the face.
According to scientific study that has been based on animal test subjects, SNAP-8 functions by boosting the regulatory functions of the N-terminal end of SNAP-25. This elevation allows for the SNARE complex to stay stabilized, which in turn allows for SNAP-25 to remain stabilized for a significantly longer period of time. At the same time, SNAP-8 has been shown to inhibit the release of catecholamine, which is a general class of neurotransmitters that are derived from the amino acid tyrosine containing catechol and amine groups. This blockage also contributes to the stabilizing process in terms of the regulation of muscular contraction through the activation of the Ca2+ ion.

It has also been determined that the peptide’s theoretical benefit of providing a greater sense of homeostasis in terms of muscular contraction gives it both preventative and replenishing capabilities. Scientific study based on animal test subjects has determined that the peptide’s ability to signal muscle contraction on a more efficient basis could theoretically remove the presence of wrinkles that already exist, especially those that exist on an animal test subject’s face. The notion behind this particular thought process is that by allowing the muscles to contract on a more regulated basis through a more efficient means of neurotransmission, the deep wrinkles and lines that form because of an inconsistent means of muscle contraction would fade because the muscle would be achieving a level of homeostasis on a significantly more efficient level. In essence, due to the fact that wrinkles and lines are a product of destabilized muscle contraction and not necessarily a by-product of muscular damage, the natural process of muscle contraction as derived by proper neurotransmission would be restored, which in turn would cause the affects of prior instances of instability to be lessened on a significant basis.
Because of the peptide’s capacity to prevent wrinkles and lines, and its ability to reverse the appearance of wrinkles and lines, scientific study that has been based on animal test subjects has determined that the presence of SNAP-8 (http://www.extremepeptides.com/snap-8-10mg/) could conceivably carry anti-aging properties. This particular concept is similar to a concept that was derived through animal test subject based scientific study processed in conjunction with acetyl hexapeptide-3. However, the main difference between that particular peptide and SNAP-8 is that the latter has been determined to perform with a greater sense of efficiency. This is due to the notion that SNAP-8 is able to function as a neurotransmittal stabilizing agent with a greater sense of efficiency than acetyl hexapeptide-3.
No Negative Side EffectsScientific study that has been conducted on animal test subjects has yet to derive any negative side effects in conjunction with the usage of SNAP-8. Tests that have been conducted on laboratory rats have determined that there is no acute oral toxicity with the peptide when administered to the rodents within a normal dosage. Other tests that have been conducted on animal test subjects have also determined that the peptide does not promote any semblance of genotoxicity or citotoxicity during in vitro tests. Furthermore, it has also been determined that the peptide does not cause any ocular-based irritation as a side effect. It should be noted that these tests that have derived no semblance of side effects in relation to SNAP-8 were both conducted in vitro and in vivo.

cybrsage
06-22-2016, 03:20 PM
I just purchased some SNAP-8 and am going to add it to my face cream to create a 10% solution. I have some deep lines on my forehead and will be able to tell first hand if this helps. I will take before and after pictures.