PDA

View Full Version : forearm pain

pekinpitman
02-20-2016, 06:56 PM
My lifting partner get a pain similar to shin splints in his forearms while getting to heavier weights on bicep work. He has a good pair of wrist wraps. Ive never had this problem, does anyone know what may be going on.

benlash74
02-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Got something similar and I believe I tore a tendon. The one that connects the lower bicep to the forearm. Hurts to do heavy flat bench or heavy curls. I had to just give it a break and let it heal. Tried wrapping it and it still hurt like hell. I just did all the lifts I could that didn't agitate it. Still a little messed up but I can hit curls again just not over the 40 lb dumbells yet. It's been a little over a month since I hurt it doing flat bench.

mksb
02-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Might be tendinosis.
- anti inflammatory can help
- I hear people have great results from peptides like tb500

Torcha
02-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Got something similar and I believe I tore a tendon. The one that connects the lower bicep to the forearm. Hurts to do heavy flat bench or heavy curls. I had to just give it a break and let it heal. Tried wrapping it and it still hurt like hell. I just did all the lifts I could that didn't agitate it. Still a little messed up but I can hit curls again just not over the 40 lb dumbells yet. It's been a little over a month since I hurt it doing flat bench.

without many weeks of resting, it is a lingering injury I find... releasing your grip fast on seated rows seems to aggravate mine .and loading 25kgs plates one handed, my gym room is tight (kinda gotta swing em up).. I found a 6 week bender to be a sufficient resting period. not recommended!!
forearms for me its first thing to go on a heavy bulk. but on overhand grip movements only. curling is fine. so now, Velcro heavy duty forearms straps, anti inflams (note only mask the injury) and care where needed during training does keep it manageable..

cmeliftheavy
02-21-2016, 03:01 PM
I get this pain at least once a year, at this time one of the guys that trains with me is having the same pain. Pretty sure its a bad case of tendinosis, been researching and see allot of good reviews on the elbow compression cuff, so we purchased one last night to test out. Typically when this pain occurs I would re-address the exercises that irate the elbow/forearm.
Elbow Cuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4mm9w4x_0k

kawa636
02-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Might be tendinosis.
- anti inflammatory can help
- I hear people have great results from peptides like tb500

^^^i agree with this... i also get that pain/cramp feeling wen running orals.

cmeliftheavy
02-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Need to research on Thymosin Beta4 (TB500)
Small peptide description:
Thymosin Beta 4 5mg (TB500) plays several important roles including induction of tissue remodeling, wound healing in both cell and tissue injuries, and cell differentiation via mechanisms that have yet to be fully elucidated.

pekinpitman
02-21-2016, 04:15 PM
I will pass on the info. Thanks guys!
I do have a pair of those Mark Bell elbow cuffs. i pull mine up on my elbows on heavy bench days.

benlash74
02-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Need to research on Thymosin Beta4 (TB500)
Small peptide description:
Thymosin Beta 4 5mg (TB500) plays several important roles including induction of tissue remodeling, wound healing in both cell and tissue injuries, and cell differentiation via mechanisms that have yet to be fully elucidated.

Have to research this as well! Thanks for sharing this brothers. Let us know how that wrap works. I tried the copper tone sleeve and it didn't help much.

cmeliftheavy
02-24-2016, 04:30 AM
Anyone have experience with Voltaren? Understanding this does wonders,

Also I need to find a top pep resource to purchase some TB500 & Voltaren... Search Superior and see they are out of stock on the TB-500 and don't see Voltaren..

cmeliftheavy
02-27-2016, 04:01 AM
Just so others are aware Superior now has TB500 back in stock...

benlash74
02-27-2016, 04:05 AM
Just so others are aware Superior now has TB500 back in stock...

Thanks for the update.

Inmate
03-18-2016, 03:12 AM
i get the same forarm pain from preacher curls. though i never bothered with curls until the 4th year of training. hope you suss it out

physiq
03-18-2016, 11:08 PM
tendons bro i luckily suffer it in my elbow with some tricep exercise.
and nothing fucking works but time off.