PDA

View Full Version : Post Op Recovery of an Atrophied Quadricep

justlikemusic
02-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Brothers, I have been chatting about it in my juice log in the Aussie section, but I thought I'd post something about it here....

I am currently on week 8 of a 500/200 Test/Deca from one of our sponsors here, Syntha Labs, and it's going great.

The reason I started the cycle was to assist with Post Op Recovery of an Atrophied Quadricep following a knee operation about 12 months ago now. I am satisfied with the size I am, but not the BF%. I am currently eating around 3000 calories per day with about 250grams of Protein (40/40/20) and I just feel I should be eating less and losing weight and getting back to having a good body. The only goal of bulking is for my quad to come back. They did an operation to align it (with my quad a certain size) and now the quad is about 1/4 of that size it's probably pulled out of alignment the other way. So back to grinding, knee pain etc.

My main question is... if I maintain a "BMR" 2300 calorie intake comprising of a high amount of Protein, low carbs and fats, would my quad get back to its "natty size" easily? (Considering most leg weights/exercises are done bilaterally). It's a weird question sorry, I didn't know any other way to ask it.

The other reason is that I find it really difficult to lose weight without losing alot of muscle. How I planned it was to bulk as much as possible, try keep gains and then go back on a cut, then back on cycle on a major cut. However I've gone from 104kgs to 114.5kgs in about 10 weeks so I'm noticing the difference in the extra weight (and fat).