PDA

View Full Version : Tore my rotator cuff full thickness tear

bruski36
03-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Just got back from my second consultation i have a full thickness tear in my supraspinatus ................sucks cant afford to get it fixed till the end of the year

bruski36
03-26-2016, 05:34 PM
MRI with die contrast con firmed the dr. suspicions that it was torn.............retracted back to the end of the shoulder ball

Dont wanna be old
03-26-2016, 06:49 PM
Sorry to hear friend .
Insurance won't pay for procedure ?
Will pray for you .
Regards
DWBO

JohnDoe
03-26-2016, 11:05 PM
That sucks bro! You gotta figure out a way to get the surgery sooner. It's only gonna get worse. And recovery is like 6 months to a full year. I've had surgeries before...physical therapy is not fun at all.

Hope you figure something out buddy!

lost1
12-06-2017, 03:28 AM
I tore mine off the bone and was supposed to be out of work for 13 weeks. When the surgeon went in to fix it he had to cut of 6MM to reattach a strong piece back to my shoulder. I have been off for almost 6 months now and it was the most pain I have ever been through. its getting stronger now but gets tired easy. Hopefully I will get back to where I was in a few months, I'm not taking anything but TRT but I hope to cycle in a few things as it gets stronger. Let me know how it works out for you.

IronFox
12-06-2017, 03:37 AM
Damn, that is major stuff right there. How did that happen? I've had a rotator strain but thankfully not a tear. The longer you wait the worse it will be, so look for another ortho that can do it sooner.

kubes
12-06-2017, 04:12 AM
I'm recovering from the same mine wasn't a full tear. It's been about 8 weeks and I'm slowly getting back to normal. I worked around the injury at the gym the whole time it's been a tough recovery. Hope you recover soon

Chemical Romance
12-06-2017, 07:18 AM
I have the same thing at the moment, full thickness tear however the tear is lengthwise (parallel) through the tendon as opposed to being across. After 3 month of rehab it doesn't seem to have healed or improved and pain/impingement is so bad I have had 2 cortisone injections... I'm due to review with the surgeon again next week.

As the tendons heal through collagen synthesis I had been wighing up the cost benefits of a course of either GH or TB500 & BPC157 bothe being about the same outlay, I am leaning toward the GH as it will provide so many other benefits as well, if I need to have the surgery I believe that including GH in the recovery regimen will be very beneficial.

Sting
03-29-2018, 12:45 AM
I'm recovering from the full tear of the supraspunatis as well. 5mo. ago. Not getting the surgery. Going as long as I without it. Too many guys I know where the surgery did not work out. I train around it. Did two mo. Of PT. A little deca helps me. I apply heat thru rubbing vigorously Ben gay before training. Benching and shoulder work outs are coming along fine. Gains are returning and I am amazingly pain free with a full tear. Unbelievably so!

roadie
03-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear about the injury.

I have not had this injury but did have a complete tear of the bicep tendon, which required surgery to reattach it to the bone. From that experience I do know that the sooner you get the surgery the better the outcome. Tendons shrink and retract over time making it more difficult to reattach them.

Also, research the doctors in your area to find the best one. I would focus on finding one that specializes in shoulders and elbows/hands. Ones that do hips and knees might be good; however, I would prefer one that works on shoulders every day, not a generalist.

Just my two cents. Good luck bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigpapapumpaf
04-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Rotator cuff surgery was the most painful thing I've ever been through, including a tendon pec complete rupture. It will not however heal itself so you need to balance quality of life and getting it fixed. My surgeon I think screwed up as I'm now a year post op and still have pain but that's unusual.

BPP

Mfire
04-01-2018, 03:17 PM
I went through it a About 2 years ago, three tears, bicep side and back, work injury, the most important thing I can say is stay away from the pain pills bro! Beside that keep your head up and don’t hurt it anymore

teej750
04-09-2018, 03:20 AM
When it comes to shoulders be very leary of who you let operate. Shoulder surgeries are complex. Its the most mobile joint in the body with a true 360 rotating ball and socket joint. Make sure you choose a good sports med Orthopedist that preferrably specializes in shoulders.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk