PDA

View Full Version : Safe to never come off TRT?

HavasuGuy
03-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Hi, All,

I've been on TRT for about ten years. I'm 48 years old, and my wife and I have all the kids that we want (just one... LOL). My doc put me on TRT because my natural levels are very low (maybe at least partially due to the fact that I have only one testicle; I lost one when I was 17). To this day, he insists that I take breaks--he typically pushes for three months off, but I always talk him into just one month off. Still, by week two I'm fading; week three, I'm a mess; week four, I feel like I've been run over by a freight train.

Really, is there any reason in my case to ever come off of Test? I have no prostate issues or any other health issues at all; I'm in "perfect" health. Just not sure why my doc keeps insisting on breaks for me. What's the point? Is it potentially unsafe to never come off of TRT?

Mountain-Man
03-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Been on cycle or crushing for 18 years now no health problems at all and I see the doc every two mths

HavasuGuy
03-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Been on cycle or crushing for 18 years now no health problems at all and I see the doc every two mths

Sorry, not sure what those terms mean: "cycle" versus "crushing"? I'm assuming that "on cycle" means just cruising at a low/moderate dose, and then "crushing" would mean high dose of Test with some extra good stuff added (Tren, Deca, etc.)... Did I get that right?

SC
03-29-2016, 04:50 PM
I think it's a typo for cruising...

Mountain-Man
03-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Yep typo I have been on full blast cycles or cruising at 500 mg of test a week for 2-3 mths at the time for about 18 years with no problems but I might add I have always taken some fourm of cycle support and go to my doctor every two mths for check up and bloods.

JohnDoe
03-29-2016, 05:11 PM
He meant cruising

JohnDoe
03-29-2016, 05:12 PM
And your doctor is a fucking sadistic moron. Why would he want to put you through that kind of hormone hell?

Stay on the T injections. Coming off for even a month or two will put your body into a state of dogshit. I've been on TRT off and on for many years...I know firsthand.

HavasuGuy
03-29-2016, 05:40 PM
Yep typo I have been on full blast cycles or cruising at 500 mg of test a week for 2-3 mths at the time for about 18 years with no problems but I might add I have always taken some fourm of cycle support and go to my doctor every two mths for check up and bloods.

Okay, got it... So, if you're just staying on Test full-time (which sounds great to me!), what's the purpose of getting blood work done? What are you checking for?

HavasuGuy
03-29-2016, 05:42 PM
And your doctor is a fucking sadistic moron. Why would he want to put you through that kind of hormone hell?

Stay on the T injections. Coming off for even a month or two will put your body into a state of dogshit. I've been on TRT off and on for many years...I know firsthand.

My thoughts exactly!!

Mountain-Man
03-29-2016, 05:43 PM
Okay, got it... So, if you're just staying on Test full-time (which sounds great to me!), what's the purpose of getting blood work done? What are you checking for?
Because I cycle for comps. And use orals and other things I need my liver values kidneys and other things checked to make sure I'm safe and not doing damage ESP to liver

JohnDoe
03-29-2016, 06:01 PM
If you're just using Testosterone only, and at a low to moderate dose, you really only need blood work 1-2 times a year.

I usually just like to see what my total and free test levels are. I also get a liver and kidneys functions test at least annually.

Thaistick
03-29-2016, 06:23 PM
My doctor likes me to do the same thing once a year. Funnily he has me use Nolvadex at this time. He says that he's found that men develop thyroid imbalance if they stay on test all the time. Personally I don't feel bad when he has me come off. I suppose it's one of those things that everyone has different reactions to. And I may feel differently in the future.

JohnDoe
03-29-2016, 11:16 PM
90% of doctors, including urologists and endocrinologists have no clue WTF they are doing in regards to TRT. I've been through 3 urologists, 3 endos, and like 4 family doctors.

physiq
03-30-2016, 01:46 AM
your doc will do more damage by cycling you off then keeping u on TRT year round.

JohnDoe
03-30-2016, 01:50 AM
your doc will do more damage by cycling you off then keeping u on TRT year round.
This ^^

BINGO!

HavasuGuy
03-30-2016, 02:22 PM

So, no break ever from TRT? Sounds good to me!! Any risks from doing this? And--I hate to keep beating this drum, but--I'm still a little confused as to what the purpose of getting regular blood work done if I'm constantly and permanently on TRT. What would I be checking for?

JohnDoe
03-30-2016, 02:28 PM
So, no break ever from TRT? Sounds good to me!! Any risks from doing this? And--I hate to keep beating this drum, but--I'm still a little confused as to what the purpose of getting regular blood work done if I'm constantly and permanently on TRT. What would I be checking for?
You are checking to make sure your T levels stay consistent - usually more important during the first year just to get your dosage dialed in for your specific body.

There are different ranges that medical professionals use for "normal T levels" by age bracket. Usually it's 400-1100 and I'll tell you right now, at 400-600 you'll feel like a bag of shit. I feel best right around 900-1000. But it's different for everyone I suppose.

They can also check your hematocrit and CBC just to make sure everything looks normal.

I suppose you could say the purpose of getting blood work every once in a while is to just make sure nothing looks out of the norm.

jonathansingleton25
03-30-2016, 02:41 PM
Some endos will have you switch too hcg and clomid for a couple months but mainly only for men concerned with maintaining fertility . but complete crashing you fuck that get a new dr.

Bullseye Forever
03-30-2016, 08:48 PM
I've been on my TRT for 12 years and get my bloods checked regularly,I can't come off cause I would feel like crap

HavasuGuy
04-01-2016, 05:29 PM
I've been on my TRT for 12 years and get my bloods checked regularly,I can't come off cause I would feel like crap

So, based on everyone's feedback, I guess I'm deciding to never come off of TRT. No breaks. Too many negatives, and, for me, no positive benefits to taking a break, it sounds like... So, that said, what is a good cruise dose for TRT in your opinions? Right now, I'm doing a cycle of 550mg Test and 500mg Tren per week. I'll do this for 12 to 16 weeks (haven't decided yet), and then I'll come off for--how long, one month? During that time, I'm considering cruising at 200mg Test per week. Or is this too much?

So, hoping for some suggestions regarding cruise duration (one month not long enough?) and cruise dose (200mg/week good or not?)...

Bullseye Forever
04-01-2016, 05:49 PM
So, based on everyone's feedback, I guess I'm deciding to never come off of TRT. No breaks. Too many negatives, and, for me, no positive benefits to taking a break, it sounds like... So, that said, what is a good cruise dose for TRT in your opinions? Right now, I'm doing a cycle of 550mg Test and 500mg Tren per week. I'll do this for 12 to 16 weeks (haven't decided yet), and then I'll come off for--how long, one month? During that time, I'm considering cruising at 200mg Test per week. Or is this too much?

So, hoping for some suggestions regarding cruise duration (one month not long enough?) and cruise dose (200mg/week good or not?)...

Well just for my TRT dose I usually use 150mg/week and I feel ok,200mg would be ok as well,I've just played with mine and sorta found my spot at 150mg

Well I cycle I never do over 600-700mg though

HavasuGuy
04-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Well just for my TRT dose I usually use 150mg/week and I feel ok,200mg would be ok as well,I've just played with mine and sorta found my spot at 150mg

Well I cycle I never do over 600-700mg though

What about the cruise duration vs. cycle duration? Again, I'm thinking 12-16 weeks on higher dose of Test (plus Tren, or whatever), followed by one month of cruising. Or is it advisable to cruise for longer?

Bullseye Forever
04-01-2016, 06:24 PM
What about the cruise duration vs. cycle duration? Again, I'm thinking 12-16 weeks on higher dose of Test (plus Tren, or whatever), followed by one month of cruising. Or is it advisable to cruise for longer?

Well I normally cycle that duration as well then I come off and go back to my TRT for the same amount of time to let my body recover a while,like the old saying time on/time off

PAiN
04-03-2016, 07:56 PM
If you decide to go on TRT get regular bloods. That is the only thing that will tell you if it is doing your body any damage and you can fix\adjust accordingly. Regular blood work is a must.

Swoilder1
04-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Great thread, I had been thinking about hitting up getting TRT but wasn't sure why I would need it from a doc vs doing it myself(like usual). I get labs done regular and they check out good. Guess it wouldn't hurt to see what a TRT clinic may have me cruise on if it is affordable, I always thought the doc would be much more expensive.

SC
04-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Great thread, I had been thinking about hitting up getting TRT but wasn't sure why I would need it from a doc vs doing it myself(like usual). I get labs done regular and they check out good. Guess it wouldn't hurt to see what a TRT clinic may have me cruise on if it is affordable, I always thought the doc would be much more expensive.

My insurance doesn't cover my doctor visits, so I pay him cash at $85/visit. (Only been to his office twice.) However insurance is covering the script, so ten weeks (two, 5ml vials) of Enanthate only cost me $10. The cypionate was more expensive for some reason, as it was $100 for 4ml, but again insurance would cover it resulting in the Cyp only costing me ten bucks. Insurance also covers bloodwork at 100% so far. So with what I've paid in doctor visits, but saved on bloodwork and the script, I'm to the point of just starting to save money over using a sponsor for TRT.

Having a script also makes getting needles and syringes an effortless practice.

So far I'm very very happy with the decision to go with a TRT doc and would recommend it to anyone. Granted not all are as cool as mine. I feel very lucky to have found this guy.

SearingHigh
06-20-2016, 01:55 AM
Those prices seem very inticing for HRT

GrimR
06-21-2016, 07:21 AM
I'm curious wanting kids aside what long term TRT would have? I'm assuming jabbing test is never going to produce the exact precise result internally that your nuts producing test would?

JohnDoe
06-21-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm curious wanting kids aside what long term TRT would have? I'm assuming jabbing test is never going to produce the exact precise result internally that your nuts producing test would?
You can do TRT and take clomid at the same time to keep your natural productions going. My younger brother did TRT - then went straight to clomid only and he just had a kid.

GrimR
06-22-2016, 02:22 AM
You can do TRT and take clomid at the same time to keep your natural productions going. My younger brother did TRT - then went straight to clomid only and he just had a kid.

Ahh well that's even better. I figured there would be some major downfall aside from the cost and the like. Something to consider when i'm much older if I ever need it.