PDA

View Full Version : training and diet for last 10 months

ryanwrath
04-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Diet took me a minute to get settled in, but in the end, pretty much same thing every day.
am shake
1cup oatmeal
6-10 eggwhites
1banana
small scoop peanutbutter

meals are always:
6oz steak with yam or sweet potatoe size of my fist
or
6oz steak with serving of high protien pasta with wash of nonfat tomato sauce

post work out shake :
1cup oatmeal
2 eggs
2 scoops whey
4tbspn brown sugar or maple syrup
banana
peanutbutter
5-10grams creatine

I like simple, and this allows me to easily adjust since i know pretty much exactly whats going in. I dont measure down to the gnats ass or anything. I try to eat up to 12 times per day, always minimum of 6 times, with at least 3 shakes that are made of whole food, just turned liquid so i can pound it down faster. so thats minimum, max would be 8 actuall meals, and 4 shakes that look similar to am shake.

work out:
week 1, coming off of a rest.
monday: flat barbell press, 30reps pyramid to 8 reps, all sets to failure
as i reach midpoint of chest pressing, start curling.
hammer curls 8 sets to failure, 12 rep range

incline bench dumbell press: 30 reps pyramid down to 8-12 reps over 6-8 sets always to failure
superset with continued hammer curlse, when those are done, seated incline either strait or zottman curls, since i am sitting on the incline anyway.

dumbel lying pullovers, 4 sets, 8-12 rang, all failure
superset with barbell curls, "21's" x4sets to failure

pushups done with cable crossover fly handles in hand, soon as 20 reps done, immediately to knees, set of 20 reps, start light, 20lbs each side. repeat after 90 second rest, but move wieght up 10 lbs each side. rinse repeat 4-5 sets.
dumbell standing bent over rows one hand at a time 6 sets x8-12 reps, all to failure
superset close grip benching 20reps to 8 reps, pyramid down, all to failure

one arm seated cable rows 4-6 sets 8-12 reps, all failure
superset with dumbell skull crushers 12-8 reps, 4-6 sets, failure

cable machine tricept work. reverse grip one hand at a time usually, or using rope overhead. start with all plates on the rig, and go to failure, go down 20 lbs, repeat, strip all the way to 20 pounds, or cant move arms. rest, do again. do this 3 times.

eat a whole meal, plus a few swallows of my post workout shake. (steak, pasta, part of shake), rest 45 minutes.

repeat above work out after good rest of an hour, possible nap if it happens, otherwise just eyesclose, trying to get back in zone for round 2

for first time in years and years, had the time to consistantly work out like this (takes like 4-5 hours depending how how tired or amped up i am) put on roughly 30 lbs of lean mass in 10 months. I would have to attribute most of that, though to the eating. have not eat this much clean food daily and consistanlty for many years, forgot how incredible the results are, at the end of the week, tho, i have a weak day on saturday, just light full body pump with alot of rest, and light cardio to help get food to muscles, and help food digest and move properly. usually wake up sunday morning feeling like a fucking slab of oak.

I had to plan this out, cant afford to eat like this all the time, although i have learned ho to make it pretty damn cheap, but that, plus the actuall time in the gym plus supplements, had all that to figure out. this is the end of this cycle for now, tho, sigh. was a great run, cant wait till i can do it again